And the Nobel Peace Prize goes to...

Nucklesack

But really - what exactly has he done? You realize he was nominated only a couple weeks into his Presidency. I don't hate the man, but I'm flabbergasted at the adulation for a man with a list of accomplishments so short, SNL did one of their most hilarious skits on the matter.

I really thought it was strange that Gore got it, whether you like him or not. Stumping around the world advocating measures against global warming ought to register something regarding physics or chemistry - but "peace"?

But I did lose all respect for the committee when Arafat won.

Arafat didnt win it by himself, he shared the prize with Shiimon Peres and Yitzhak Rabin, for the work all THREE of them did to bring peace.

Of course it failed, and Arafat was talking out of both sides of his mouth.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
5:54am Oooh, I wonder how long the Obama butt worshipers will take to inhabit & hi-jack this thread.

7:55am As soon as I heard the news, I knew the hate would be boiling over in the Forums; but, in all honesty, I was totally shocked to hear it myself. This award does not follow the normal pattern of what the Nobel Committee looks for based on past receipients.

Although, years and years of work has not always been a requirement. They often look at one's single accomplishment and even efforts.

List of Nobel Peace Prize laureates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, this is not enitrely far fetched.

:yay: Just like I said. "He Won".

Bann

You know, even among the other Nobel prizes, the Peace Prize is kind of a laughing stock. They often sit around and poke fun at it, they won't let it sit with them in the cafeteria, they question its family lineage. A couple of years ago, the Nobel Prize in Physics was overheard joking, 'Hey, did you hear what they are planning on renaming the Peace Prize to? The Nobel Neville Chamberlain Prize.' The whole room erupted - it's been a running joke in some circles ever since. In fact, the Physics Prize was actually nominated for the Nobel Prize in Humor that year, based solely on the strength of that one joke. True story.

:killingme

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
That's assuming his nomination was sent in right at the deadline. Call for submittals went out September '08. Since those records are sealed, no one knows when Obama was actually nominated. Was it during the period of Jan 20 and Feb 1? Or was it sometime between Sep '08 and Jan 19th '09?
Did the Nobel Committee base the award on Obamas activites from Jan 20 '09 - Oct '09 or does the period extend back further?

The cutoff for nominations if Feb 1st 2009, the prize states for his accomplishments as President, since the committee cannot add stuff to the submittal, it only makes sense that it was for 10 days of Non work, parting, and rhetoric!!! Even if you were to go back to Sep '08 143 days as a junior Senator before running for President, followed by running for public office and more rhetoric, hardly Nobel prize worthy!!!

Last edited:

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
:killingme comment off YouTube:

I heard Rush Limbaugh will be one of the judges on the next Miss America Pagent.

Pageant officials figured this was the only way to keep Barack Obama from winning that, too

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
The committee didn't want to appear racist if they didn't nominate him.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
No I'm not. That's all he's done between September 08 and February 09.

Unless, of course, you can name something he's done. Go ahead - anything at all.

:moon:

Good luck with that. I even started a thread asking for his list of accomplishments. Nothing.

Bann

Good luck with that. I even started a thread asking for his list of accomplishments. Nothing.

:yay: All they have are insults & slams against those who are pointing out that their beloved messiah has done nothing worthy of their hero worship. They're like jilted lovers.

:lol:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
No I'm not. That's all he's done between September 08 and February 09.

Unless, of course, you can name something he's done. Go ahead - anything at all.

:moon:

It's kind of surprising - that neither FredFlake nor nononuts have stated their feelings as of yet.

They must be on the fence. :coffee:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
:yay: All they have are insults & slams against those who are pointing out that their beloved messiah has done nothing worthy of their hero worship. They're like jilted lovers.

:lol:

In all fairness...The Beer Summit.

awpitt

Main Streeter
:killingme comment off YouTube:

I heard Rush Limbaugh will be one of the judges on the next Miss America Pagent.

Pageant officials figured this was the only way to keep Barack Obama from winning that, too

Okay. You got me. That was funny.

:killingme

I didn't read this whole post, so sorry if this has been said already....

The nominations for the award occurred much earlier this year. BO was in office a total of 11 days when he was nominated.

At that point, what had he done to merit this award?

Edit: yes, I saw a post that did say that. Sorry for the dup.

Last edited:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm

The nominations for the award occurred much earlier this year. BO was in office a total of 11 days when he was nominated.

He was, most likely, practicing how to bow to the King of Saudi Arabia. :bigwhoop:

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
Yeah, because Gore is such a renowned scientist.

:rolleyes:

The Nobel is a political tool, nothing more. And it's dismaying to see you try and defend something that is obviously rigged.

Kind of like 'Who's Who of American High School Students' except you win $1.4M.....

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K

Edit: yes, I saw a post that did say that. Sorry for the dup.

It's all about 'Aspirations' not actions.