And the Nobel Peace Prize goes to...

PsyOps

Pixelated
This thread belongs in the joke section.

Obama needs to turn down the award. He took office Jan. 20th and nominations were due in by Feb. 09. He hasn't done anything to deserve this...

Wrong! He is the first half white/half black person to be elected president in America. The shockwaves of peace this has had globally has yet to be realized...... Except by the Nobel Foundation.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I honestly thought this was a joke when someone mentioned it this morning. no kidding I laughed like..hah yeah probably..then read the news..I am pretty shocked. I don't have any respect for the Nobel peace prize...and it is sad for all of the people who actually do good work and deserve it. I cannot imagine what their rationale for giving it to him is...what did he do besides bow to the king of saudi arabia? sure he gave some speeches and stuff...but he is prez..thats what they do..thats like giving a doctor a prize for writing you a perscription. just ludicrous.

Toxick

Splat
WOW he did a CRAP load in 10 days, impressed the hell out of hte nominating comitteea

Well, don't you remember, within 2 days of being elected, all the koala bears and bunnies of the world started crapping strawberry flavored rainbows, the unicorns returned to dance with laughing babies and puppies, and all the neo-cons and chupacabras in the world instantly exploded into mounds of candy which was fed to the poor.

And that was just him getting warmed up!

Aninha

Well, don't you remember, within 2 days of being elected, all the koala bears and bunnies of the world started crapping strawberry flavored rainbows, the unicorns returned to dance with laughing babies and puppies, and all the neo-cons and chupacabras in the world instantly exploded into mounds of candy which was fed to the poor.

:killingme :roflmao:

puggymom

I saw this comment on a fairly liberal site:

I'm also hearing Obama won the Cy Young Award in baseball because he threw out the first pitch at the All-Star game.

Otter

Nothing to see here

Forgot that...:ohwell:

lisa8439

:killingme oh my... thanks for the chuckle!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Presser on now:

"I do not deserve this award" HEY, he's gonna be a stand up guy here?!?!

"I accept the award" What was I thinking actually expecting him to have some honor and integrity.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Presser on now:

"I do not deserve this award" HEY, he's gonna be a stand up guy here?!?!

"I accept the award" What was I thinking actually expecting him to have some honor and integrity.

Psssh. If someone said, "Hey, I want to give you $1.4 million that you don't deserve," I'd simply say "thanks!"

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
I wonder if that was George Bush's head that went slamming into the side of the moon this morning, upon hearing this news. :cds:

:lol:

BOP

Where's Larry? I'm sure he has something to say...

I think he's working on his acceptance speech for the Nobel Prize in Economics (for the "Larry Gude Plan to Revitalize America and Stimulate the Economy").

Can you be up for more than one prize at a time?

BOP

I think it's telling that this announcement was made on the very day that Obama is scheduled to meet with advisors to seriously consider sending more troops to Afganistan.

Now how is it going to look if he agrees to follow his advisors recommendations?

How's it going to look if for the security of our troops and our country if he has to make the decision to step up military operations?

It smacks of manipulation by the Nobel Committee.

The Committee had to get back to some serious work after taking time out of their schedules to put on their IOC hats.

BOP

I honestly thought this was a joke when someone mentioned it this morning. no kidding I laughed like..hah yeah probably..then read the news..I am pretty shocked. I don't have any respect for the Nobel peace prize...and it is sad for all of the people who actually do good work and deserve it. I cannot imagine what their rationale for giving it to him is...what did he do besides bow to the king of saudi arabia? sure he gave some speeches and stuff...but he is prez..thats what they do..thats like giving a doctor a prize for writing you a perscription. just ludicrous.

Maybe they were compensating The Won for his lack of an honorary degree from ASU?

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
President Obama has broken new ground here. Nominations for potential winners of the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize ended on February 1. The president took office only 12 days earlier on January 20.

Let’s take a look at the president’s first 12 days in the White House according to his public schedule to see what he did to deserve a Nobel Peace Prize:

January 20: Sworn in as president. Went to a parade. Partied.

January 21: Asked bureaucrats to re-write guidelines for information requests. Held an “open house” party at the White House.

January 22: Signed Executive Orders: Executive Branch workers to take ethics pledge; re-affirmed Army Field Manual techniques for interrogations; expressed desire to close Gitmo (how’s that working out?)

January 23: Ordered the release of federal funding to pay for abortions in foreign countries. Lunch with Joe Biden; met with Tim Geithner.

January 24: Budget meeting with economic team.

January 25: Skipped church.

January 26: Gave speech about jobs and energy. Met with Hillary Clinton. Attended Geithner's swearing in ceremony.

January 27: Met with Republicans. Spoke at a clock tower in Ohio.

January 28: Economic meetings in the morning, met with Defense secretary in the afternoon.

January 29: Signed Ledbetter Bill overturning Supreme Court decision on lawsuits over wages. Party in the State Room. Met with Biden.

January 30: Met economic advisers. Gave speech on Middle Class Working Families Task Force. Met with senior enlisted military officials.

January 31: Took the day off.

February 1: Skipped church. Threw a Super Bowl party.

So there you have it. The short path to the Nobel Peace Prize: Party, go to meetings, skip church, release federal funding to pay for abortions in foreign countries, party some more. Good grief.

How to Win the Nobel Peace Prize In 12 Days - FOXNews.com

awpitt

Main Streeter
President Obama has broken new ground here. Nominations for potential winners of the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize ended on February 1. The president took office only 12 days earlier on January 20.

Let’s take a look at the president’s first 12 days in the White House according to his public schedule to see what he did to deserve a Nobel Peace Prize:

January 20: Sworn in as president. Went to a parade. Partied.

January 21: Asked bureaucrats to re-write guidelines for information requests. Held an “open house” party at the White House.

January 22: Signed Executive Orders: Executive Branch workers to take ethics pledge; re-affirmed Army Field Manual techniques for interrogations; expressed desire to close Gitmo (how’s that working out?)

January 23: Ordered the release of federal funding to pay for abortions in foreign countries. Lunch with Joe Biden; met with Tim Geithner.

January 24: Budget meeting with economic team.

January 25: Skipped church.

January 26: Gave speech about jobs and energy. Met with Hillary Clinton. Attended Geithner's swearing in ceremony.

January 27: Met with Republicans. Spoke at a clock tower in Ohio.

January 28: Economic meetings in the morning, met with Defense secretary in the afternoon.

January 29: Signed Ledbetter Bill overturning Supreme Court decision on lawsuits over wages. Party in the State Room. Met with Biden.

January 30: Met economic advisers. Gave speech on Middle Class Working Families Task Force. Met with senior enlisted military officials.

January 31: Took the day off.

February 1: Skipped church. Threw a Super Bowl party.

So there you have it. The short path to the Nobel Peace Prize: Party, go to meetings, skip church, release federal funding to pay for abortions in foreign countries, party some more. Good grief.

How to Win the Nobel Peace Prize In 12 Days - FOXNews.com

That's assuming his nomination was sent in right at the deadline. Call for submittals went out September '08. Since those records are sealed, no one knows when Obama was actually nominated. Was it during the period of Jan 20 and Feb 1? Or was it sometime between Sep '08 and Jan 19th '09?
Did the Nobel Committee base the award on Obamas activites from Jan 20 '09 - Oct '09 or does the period extend back further?