Annulment

poster

I've posted this before. IMO, the whole thing is a bunch of crap. It's an ecclesiastical annulment. I had to give the okay so my ex could get one and get married (to someone else) in the church. We were already divorced (and we were married in a civil ceremony at a courthouse). I told the priest that called me that I didn't quite see how they could say we'd never been married as far as the church is concerned when we had a child and what did that do to the child? He didn't have much of an answer.

And it didn't cost a dime.

That's because his answer was not going to be a nice one, it's my understanding that means the child was then "born out of wedlock".

I have an uncle that did this same thing - his adult Catholic daughters were very upset about it. They believed that made them bastards in the eyes of the church. They where very hurt by this.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
My bf wants to get his first marriage annulled. I'm Catholic, but he doesn't follow any particular religion.
Is your name Britney Spears? You're dating (or living with?) a guy who is married, and he wants to leave his wife to marry you? Ever heard of "What comes around goes around?" The Bible says the only reason for divorce is adultery. If you two have "done the deed", there is no marriage between he and his ex. Also, nothing the catholic church says changes what God says about marriage. There are NO annulments with God. Think twice about your decision. It will have consequences.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Yeah, no woman ever needs to get away from an abusive husband ....
Or maybe the guy is a criminal (or heck, maybe the wife is) ....
That would fall under separation (and I do agree with it) not divorce but she or he did marry the loser, right? I know people do change Xaquin but too many people rush into marriage before they fully know the person.

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
Is your name Britney Spears? You're dating (or living with?) a guy who is married, and he wants to leave his wife to marry you? Ever heard of "What comes around goes around?" The Bible says the only reason for divorce is adultery. If you two have "done the deed", there is no marriage between he and his ex. Also, nothing the catholic church says changes what God says about marriage. There are NO annulments with God. Think twice about your decision. It will have consequences.

Britney Spears?!? Yeah, effing right! :lol: I'd like to think I'm slightly above HER!

Anywho, are you saying to think twice about the annulment or marriage to a man seeking an annulment? :confused:

Xaquin44

That would fall under separation (and I do agree with it) not divorce but she or he did marry the loser, right? I know people do change Xaquin but too many people rush into marriage before they fully know the person.

Rushing into marriage should not be grounds for refusing divorce (also, seperation is just the year long precurser to divorce anyway).

Gigi22

You can buy anything from the Catholic Church if you have lots of money..My ex did. We married young, had 2 kids, remained married for 26 years, I remained faithful and practiced my vows. He did not... I made sure our children were raised in the church. Which he did not help or participate. He would never go to church only at Christmas. I must say I didn't go every week either... Well, he left and we got a divorce... Couple of years later I get a letter from the Holy Catholic Church saying he wanted to annull our marriage and I wrote a 6 page letter to them and named names and dates... If he was going to get it he damn well better tell them the truth... He paid dearly and got his anullment and is now married in the Catholic Church to his paramour and is holier than god himself now... Goes to church every week... So, if you have money you can get anything done in the church... They have let me down and I have never felt more alone in the world... But, you know it took a while but, I found a wonderful man and remarried NOT in the CATHOLIC church. As their vows and so called respect of the vows are not real... I will never forgive this man for what he did... May god bless his soul because god knows the honest truth... Someday he will answer for his sins...

I have found another church and never knew how wonderful it felt to be able to really know the bible and feel so very close to god...

Boy, that felt good to finally get that out.... Have a great day....

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Britney Spears?!? Yeah, effing right! :lol: I'd like to think I'm slightly above HER!
Anywho, are you saying to think twice about the annulment or marriage to a man seeking an annulment? :confused:
Britney got an annulment (if I remember right) after a 55 hour marriage? That's why her name came up. But really, I'm looking out for your welfare Jewel. You said that you were thinking of marrying a man who was seeking an annulment of a previous marriage. I've seen it happen too many times; he leaves one woman for another and then he does it again to the next one. Don't tell me he won't. I know how guys are and how gals think. I counseled many about this very issue. All I'm saying is that a marriage is a marriage. An annulment is man's doing not God's. Be sure about his past and make sure he is NOT leaving his ex for you. If he is, then he will surely do it to you later. I wish you well my friend. Think with your brain and not your heart.:huggy:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Rushing into marriage should not be grounds for refusing divorce (also, seperation is just the year long precurser to divorce anyway).
I agree with the last part but, because of divorce, marriage has really lost it's meaning and value. I'm just trying to make one last effort to prevent another lady from rushing into a potential disaster.

tommyjones

Britney got an annulment (if I remember right) after a 55 hour marriage? That's why her name came up. But really, I'm looking out for your welfare Jewel. You said that you were thinking of marrying a man who was seeking an annulment of a previous marriage. I've seen it happen too many times; he leaves one woman for another and then he does it again to the next one. Don't tell me he won't. I know how guys are and how gals think. I counseled many about this very issue. All I'm saying is that a marriage is a marriage. An annulment is man's doing not God's. Be sure about his past and make sure he is NOT leaving his ex for you. If he is, then he will surely do it to you later. I wish you well my friend. Think with your brain and not your heart.:huggy:

dude, you are an idiot.

the person getting the annulment has been divorced for EVER.

please take your bigoted holier than thou attitude, roll it up real tight and shove it.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
dude, you are an idiot.

the person getting the annulment has been divorced for EVER.

please take your bigoted holier than thou attitude, roll it up real tight and shove it.
Ok, tell me why;
1) you can't disagree without the name calling and Gestapo like controlling attitude.
2) your opinion is above mine
3) "the person getting the annulment has been divorced forever". Are you he?
4) you don't sign your red karma. I know it was you by the verbage used.

tommyjones

Ok, tell me why;
1) you can't disagree without the name calling and Gestapo like controlling attitude.
2) your opinion is above mine
3) "the person getting the annulment has been divorced forever". Are you he?
4) you don't sign your red karma. I know it was you by the verbage used.

you have absolutely no information, but are willing to make blanket statements about people you dont know. thats enough reason for me.

you jump right out calling this young woman brittney(with all the negative connotations associated with her), yet get upset when someone calls you an idiot. aint that just too freaking bad :blahblah:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
you have absolutely no information, but are willing to make blanket statements about people you dont know. thats enough reason for me.

you jump right out calling this young woman brittney(with all the negative connotations associated with her), yet get upset when someone calls you an idiot. aint that just too freaking bad :blahblah:
I don't get upset at name calling. It was just a light hearted bit of humor and Jewel even laughed at it. I hope you get your annulment and that you & Jewel live happily ever after. Hey Jewel watch this guy he has an anger problem.:yahoo:

tommyjones

I don't get upset at name calling. It was just a light hearted bit of humor and Jewel even laughed at it. I hope you get your annulment and that you & Jewel live happily ever after. Hey Jewel watch this guy he has an anger problem.:yahoo:

again, loaded with assumptions
maybe if you would have laughed like she did...... yeah right\

and if i have an anger problem, shouldn't you be the one looking out :killingme