• Barack Hussain Obama

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • I'm writing in someone else

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • I'm not voting

Votes: 9 11.1%

• Total voters

Kerad

"Plausible Deniability." Look it up. Before you say something didn't happen, you should get rid of the evidence. Too late now!

Now you're just looking foolish. I never denied any of that, nor pretended to forget. Why would I? And why would you pretend that I did?

BuddyLee

Football addict
Oh I DO lean about the issues and I make sure I know how each and every candidate I vote for feels about the issues. Two years ago I sat at the computer trying to find any information I could about every local candidate that was running before I chose who I was voting for. I even had a 'cheat sheet' I brought into the polls to remind me why I was voting for one candidate or the other.
My issue is that not matter who I choose I will lose something. Our current system not only favors two party but practically discourages a third party from running. And the two parties we do have keep getting more and more polar. Being a moderate and doing that little thing called compromise is 'frowned upon'. Well I am a moderate. I cannot side with either party. All those silly questionnaires out there to tell you what your are? I always score 50% plus or minus a point of two.
I am adamantly pro choice, pro gay rights, for protecting the environment but not sure I give in the the whole global warming thing. I am agnostic and the only thing that keeps me from being atheist is not caring whether a higher power exists.
While I am for the war in Iraq I believe we have done all we can for the country and now it is time to step back and let them take over. While I acknowledge they will continue to need our military presence we need to start pulling out to give the Iraqis the chance to take over power.
While I personally do not like guns I believe our citizens have a right to have them. More laws do not prevent gun violence because the law abiding citizen is not the one breaking the law. I am very anti-universal health care. While I believe every deserves access to affordable care, universal health care is not the answer. Social service programs...well yes there are people who are using them for the they were intended but I am the one who believes those people are not the majority. I believe we should be drilling for oil in our country. It is a long term solution I know but at least we will no longer be depending on foreign oil. I believe at least a portion of social security should be privatized. I do not believe it takes a village to raise a child...it takes parents. But guess what? I believe gay parents are just as good as hetero parents.

I could keep going on and on. You give me an issue I will have an opinion about it. I know how I feel about the issues. So the question of the day? Which party do I fit in? My problem is my opinion does not fit into either party and right now both parties are becoming more and more polar. I wish more people would be willing to work together and compromise on the issues but it just does not look like that is happening anytime soon.
I wish everyone no matter their party had a right to vote in the primaries though I see why that would not work. I wish that if the popular vote is different that the EC vote we would support the popular vote as true.

But I guess it boils down to my issue not being so much with the system as the people. Compromise and working together (bipartisan support) is so important yet in our government we view it as weakness. That to me is just so sad and makes me a little apathetic.

Well, I can't say that I disagree. Even if there were fifteen parties you would still lose out on something for voting for someone. It would be an arduous task to find a candidate that mirrors you entirely.

If you like compromise and working together across party lines, I believe John McCain is your man.

Dork

Highlander's MPD
Because you :lalala: when someone who doesn't agree with the facist right 100% posts an oposing opinion...:shrug:

It's not the oposing opinion, it's the stupid way you present it. You act like an immature 12 year old. ANDY SAYS...Hey everybody, I'm gonna use the "I'm stupid" smilies icon and change some words. It may not be funny to anyone else, but as long as I laugh, who cares?

AndyMarquisLIVE

It's not the oposing opinion, it's the stupid way you present it. You act like an immature 12 year old. ANDY SAYS...Hey everybody, I'm gonna use the "I'm stupid" smilies icon and change some words. It may not be funny to anyone else, but as long as I laugh, who cares?
Perhaps if you weren't quoting forwarded emails...:shrug:

bdh802

Bob
It's getting closer. A guy I work with says Obama has it hands down. I disagree. Who are you voting for?

It's interesting to watch the whole process. If you believe all of the official liberal media polls, Obama has it. If you dig down to the unofficial polls like this one you created, McCain has the lead.

Maryland will likely go Obama but overall, I think there is hope. McCain is not perfect but he is far better than Obama.

cvramen

Computer Artist
I was thinkin' about Barr. He says he's for freedom, but he's just not good enough.

It seems that all the candidates are morally unacceptable. All of them condone murder, slavery, theft, kidnapping, or some other initiated force. And it seems that all of them believe in the aura of legitimacy that governments have.

I can't vote for any of these good-for-nothings. Write-ins are allowed in MD. I'm writing in Ron Paul. (it sure is something when one of the Republican candidates is more principled than the Libertarian Party's nominee).

It would be an arduous task to find a candidate that mirrors you entirely.
Yep. No candidate will share 100% values with an individual. That's the problem with voting. It's especially a problem when almost all the candidates propose violence as a solution to virtually every problem and they don't share more than 10% of your values:banghead:

Last edited: