Antiques??

onebdzee

off the shelf
Tina2001aniT said:
I haven't seen any pottery yet, old glass as in what?? Like dishes old glass, yes.....

How about glass bottles?

My younger brother collects them and he would love for his favorite sister to get him some more of them

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Tina2001aniT said:
I couldn't even begin to list the stuff....

some furniture, not alot though
a TON of books from like 1906ish
Paintings from that same era, and lots of just little collectables, like the old banks, and a bunch of the old like retail items is the best I can explain it....Let me see what I can do this weekend about getting some pictures of some of the stuff, I swear it is unbelievable the amount of NICE stuff she had.....
Queen size bed?????

B

baswm

Chasey_Lane said:
Chesapeake Auction House, though I don't know their contact information.

It is hit or miss there. Sometimes I see stuff go for nothing and others for a decent price. All depends on who shows up to bid.

http://chesapeakemarketplace.com/contact.htm
The Chesapeake MarketPlace
5015 St. Leonard Road, P.O. Box 118
St. Leonard, MD 20685

MarketPlace (410) 586-3725
Auction House (410) 586-1161

You'd be surprised what you can do with a yardsale. Just make sure you advertise it (the somd classifieds for yardsales works well), and emphasize the antiques in the ad.

Tina2001aniT

OK guys looks like this may be happening finally soon. The yard sale is going to be July 8th and am trying to get everything in order so that anyone who wants to can stop by sometime the week before and see what they may want. I will let you all know when I find out for sure. Send me a pm if you are interested and I can at least let you know the address.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Tina2001aniT said:
OK guys looks like this may be happening finally soon. The yard sale is going to be July 8th and am trying to get everything in order so that anyone who wants to can stop by sometime the week before and see what they may want. I will let you all know when I find out for sure. Send me a pm if you are interested and I can at least let you know the address.
I'll be on vacation that week. :ohwell:

Lilypad

Geesh-am I the only one that watches Antique Roadshow???? :jameo:
Laudy gal don't have a yard sale unlessen you know the value of some of yo G'mama's stuff. You'd be surprised at the value!! You're not interested in keeping anything, heirlooms--something to pass down to the family? No sentimental value to anyone?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
You could contact Charlene at the Apple Basket. She used to buy antiques for her store. Don't know if she still does, but I know she's fair.

BS Gal said:
You could contact Charlene at the Apple Basket. She used to buy antiques for her store. Don't know if she still does, but I know she's fair.
Heck no Tina! Don't contact her until AFTER I have had a chance to check out what you have. Maybe we could even combine what you yardsale with the anti-q's I have in my basement that I need to get rid of.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
huntr1 said:
Heck no Tina! Don't contact her until AFTER I have had a chance to check out what you have. Maybe we could even combine what you yardsale with the anti-q's I have in my basement that I need to get rid of.
My bad. Never mind. Contact her AFTER the yard sale if you still have antiques to sell.

Tina2001aniT

Lilypad said:
Geesh-am I the only one that watches Antique Roadshow???? :jameo:
Laudy gal don't have a yard sale unlessen you know the value of some of yo G'mama's stuff. You'd be surprised at the value!! You're not interested in keeping anything, heirlooms--something to pass down to the family? No sentimental value to anyone?

We actually watch and LOVE Antiques Roadshow, and of course we have gotten all of the things that we want, and alot of it has sentimental value to us. I am actually quite offended that you would even ask that question.

BuddyLee

Football addict
BS Gal said:
Oh, I thought she just bought crafts, yankee-candles and other like crap.

Lilypad

Huh--Tina2001aniT

"Quite offended"? No harm intended but, your original post stated stated you wanted to "get rid" of a lot of your G'mothers stuff. Just sounded cold that's all- :poorbaby: Sorry...

Quote:My grandmother passed away in January leaving a ton of antiques, we are now trying to "get rid" of alot of them, does anybody have any ideas on the best way to do that? We are having a yard sale with alot of her stuff that isn't being taken by a family member, but just don't feel that the cool antiques she has will do well there