Any local turkey producers?

joedancer

bookman
Originally posted by Ken King
Amish farm in Loveville off of Bishop Road sells them too.
Thank you Ken and Tigger. Have any of you tried local turkeys? (Oh boy, that sounds weird...)

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by joedancer
Thank you Ken and Tigger. Have any of you tried local turkeys? (Oh boy, that sounds weird...)
Was married to one for 13 years but I divorced her. :lmao:
Seriously no, but we did get one several years ago for a Thanksgiving's Day Raffle. I was glad I didn't win it as that would have been some work flucking that pucker.

Originally posted by Ken King
Amish farm in Loveville off of Bishop Road sells them too.
:yeahthat: Can't tell you where it is, but I remember seeing a sign for it on the right shoulder of 235 (northbound I believe). Another source for info would be to go to the farmers markets in Charlotte Hall (the is the old one & one at the library) and ask the amish there. They would probably know.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by huntr1
go to the farmers markets in Charlotte Hall ... one at the library

They have closed down already, may be one or two producers left that could help but I think they are all closed. November is a busy month for amish, they do most of their traveling and weddings durring this month.

K

Kizzy

You could just drive up and down Rt. 6 until you hit one. :shrug:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Originally posted by huntr1
Has Crabcake been working the corner of Rt. 6 & Dandelion Dr. again?

:lol: if you hear the pimp music blasting, you'll know I'm en route baby! :biggrin:

TWLs wife

I hope I helped you good With info. :biggrin: Did you call Donny to make an order Yet. Or It will be to night to get a Fresh bird.:biggrin:

TWLs wife

Originally posted by joedancer

I tryed Local turkeys, I grow up eating them , my mother & I help kill them for orders. Then He always gave us one free. Good eats there.:biggrin:

Elle

Happy Camper!
There's a Mennonite family that raises them on that road behind Loveville Tavern (or what ever it is called today) 1st farm on the right when you turn from Rt. 5. The next farm is an orchid.

panda4251

Local turkeys

There is a Mennonite farm on Rt. 247 in Loveville, about 15 miles north of Leonardtown, that sells fresh turkeys. From Rt. 5, it is about a mile in and on the left-hand side, just past the intersection of Busy Corner Road and Jones Road. From Rt. 235, it is probably close to three miles in and on your right. If you get to Busy Corner Road (on the right), you've gone too far. You need to order ahead of time, but there are probably still some available, since he sells them for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. The farmer prepares the turkey so that it looks just like the ones you purchase at the grocery store. They are wonderfully fresh, moist and juicy AND the best advantage of them all - they take less time to cook.

Enjoy and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

joedancer

bookman
Re: Local turkeys

Originally posted by panda4251
There is a Mennonite farm on Rt. 247 in Loveville, about 15 miles north of Leonardtown, that sells fresh turkeys. From Rt. 5, it is about a mile in and on the left-hand side, just past the intersection of Busy Corner Road and Jones Road. From Rt. 235, it is probably close to three miles in and on your right. If you get to Busy Corner Road (on the right), you've gone too far. You need to order ahead of time, but there are probably still some available, since he sells them for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. The farmer prepares the turkey so that it looks just like the ones you purchase at the grocery store. They are wonderfully fresh, moist and juicy AND the best advantage of them all - they take less time to cook.

Enjoy and have a Happy Thanksgiving.
Thanks! This sounds great! I have never had a fresh turkey, with all of the talk awhile back about large turkey producers, I wanted to try one from a small, local person. I appreciate your help!
Joe:clap: