Anyone been to Cabo San Lucas?

F

fishn guy

I had more fun in Rosarito. Its cheaper and their are more clubs and such....
Cabo Wabos cool but its not cheap (at least it wasnt when I was there.)
Rosaritos cheap as long as your drunk before you go into Pappas and beer. Plus you can stay in Puerto Nuevo for dimes and ride into Rsarito with the workers shuttles for 3 pesos.
Plus, Puerto Nuevo has the better food of all three places...

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
fishn guy said:
I had more fun in Rosarito. Its cheaper and their are more clubs and such....
Cabo Wabos cool but its not cheap (at least it wasnt when I was there.)
Rosaritos cheap as long as your drunk before you go into Pappas and beer. Plus you can stay in Puerto Nuevo for dimes and ride into Rsarito with the workers shuttles for 3 pesos.
Plus, Puerto Nuevo has the better food of all three places...

Papas and Beer...What memories!! We would drive down to Rosarita from San Diego and just get a room there. Wasn't too much $$ We could also walk to the bars.....our fav was Papas and Beer but some people liked Rock N Roll Taco.......If you go to Papa's, ask for Javier and say Barbie said hello...The food I had in Rosarita was :yay: and I ate at a lot of places there....Too many nights of dancing on the bar and :otter: not to mention other things :getdown:

janey83

Twenty Something
:rolleyes: ok, someone gave me bad karma and said "not everyone has a bottomless bank accout" -- all I said is that a lot of people on MTV went there..

Ponytail

J and M said:
My husband and I are planning a trip to Cabo in September. I was wondering if anyone has been there.

Twice in the last two years. I always HATE to leave it.

www.allaboutcabo.com has all the info you need. Airport and taxi PRICE info so you don't get gouged. PRINT IT AND TAKE IT WITH YOU. And DON't FALL for the time share traps. Don't buy parasailing and stuff like that from the street, it's all attached to to time shares. Go directly to the location of whatever it is that you want to do and buy it there.

The people are awesome. Patient, kind. Beautiful beaches, more restaurants than you could ever ask for and there ain't a bad one there. You can walk anywhere in cabo, 24/7 and there's never an issue.

September is going to be HOT in Cabo. It was in the 90's there in Cabo in October, and October is Cabo's only "rainy season". So things in Cabo are going to be grey and brown, course the only things green are the palm trees anyway.

Best deep sea fishing in the world. You can get your catch smoked and vacuum packed so you can take it home, and even trade other fisherman for some of their catch. If you do that, get the LARGEST boat you can afford and an airconditioned cabin. Best bet is to find someone else at the hotel that wants to go and go in with them. We had a 42 foot yacht, and the waves still beat us up pretty good. And that cabin gave us someplace to escape from the hot sun.

There is an Amerihospital (American owned/operated) hospital there if you need it. I did for my buddy that went with me...Long story, had nothing to do with anything there in Cabo.

Medano Beach is a popular spot, beach side restaurants, bars. Beach side parties and dancing are non-stop. From here, you can catch a glass bottom boat ride out to "Lovers beach", scuba dive, cliff dive, snorkel... You name it. "What happens in Mexico, stays in Mexico". :wink:

The ATM's accept american ATM cards. This is the best way to get accurate exchange rates (approximately 10:1). 10 pesos equals one dollar. The airport there I found also had better rates than those in town. Just in case, bring more than one source of cash...ATM, Credit, American Express. One of the ATM machines ate one of my cards. The banks there are under agreement with the United States to NOT return it in case of fraud/theft.

If folks come up to you to sell you anything, and they will...and they sell EVERYTHING, just ignore them. If you say "no" once, you'll say it 1,000 times a day. That includes the kids on the beach selling trinkets, ignore them...or beat them up, steal their trinkets, sell them yourself, and move permanently to Cabo, which is what I have had planned in my head since my first trip to Cabo. :angel: :lol:

If you like Tequilla, Cabo Wabo Tequila is ok. It is one of the better ones there. But if you want an AWESOME tequila to compare it to, try Cazedores Repesado. It even has a pleasant odor to it. And for that, it is very dangerous stuff. My last trip, this past october, I had the first ever experience with true alcohol induced double vision. Though I can't blame it all on the Cazedores. I also had a few too many Waboritas. Those are basically Kamikazis made with tequila. I had to ask "my new friends" that I was with, if my eyes were crossed. :lol: And I was serious. :lmao:

J and M

Ponytail said:
Twice in the last two years. I always HATE to leave it.

www.allaboutcabo.com has all the info you need. Airport and taxi PRICE info so you don't get gouged. PRINT IT AND TAKE IT WITH YOU. And DON't FALL for the time share traps. Don't buy parasailing and stuff like that from the street, it's all attached to to time shares. Go directly to the location of whatever it is that you want to do and buy it there.

The people are awesome. Patient, kind. Beautiful beaches, more restaurants than you could ever ask for and there ain't a bad one there. You can walk anywhere in cabo, 24/7 and there's never an issue.

September is going to be HOT in Cabo. It was in the 90's there in Cabo in October, and October is Cabo's only "rainy season". So things in Cabo are going to be grey and brown, course the only things green are the palm trees anyway.

Best deep sea fishing in the world. You can get your catch smoked and vacuum packed so you can take it home, and even trade other fisherman for some of their catch. If you do that, get the LARGEST boat you can afford and an airconditioned cabin. Best bet is to find someone else at the hotel that wants to go and go in with them. We had a 42 foot yacht, and the waves still beat us up pretty good. And that cabin gave us someplace to escape from the hot sun.

There is an Amerihospital (American owned/operated) hospital there if you need it. I did for my buddy that went with me...Long story, had nothing to do with anything there in Cabo.

Medano Beach is a popular spot, beach side restaurants, bars. Beach side parties and dancing are non-stop. From here, you can catch a glass bottom boat ride out to "Lovers beach", scuba dive, cliff dive, snorkel... You name it. "What happens in Mexico, stays in Mexico". :wink:

The ATM's accept american ATM cards. This is the best way to get accurate exchange rates (approximately 10:1). 10 pesos equals one dollar. The airport there I found also had better rates than those in town. Just in case, bring more than one source of cash...ATM, Credit, American Express. One of the ATM machines ate one of my cards. The banks there are under agreement with the United States to NOT return it in case of fraud/theft.

If folks come up to you to sell you anything, and they will...and they sell EVERYTHING, just ignore them. If you say "no" once, you'll say it 1,000 times a day. That includes the kids on the beach selling trinkets, ignore them...or beat them up, steal their trinkets, sell them yourself, and move permanently to Cabo, which is what I have had planned in my head since my first trip to Cabo. :angel: :lol:

If you like Tequilla, Cabo Wabo Tequila is ok. It is one of the better ones there. But if you want an AWESOME tequila to compare it to, try Cazedores Repesado. It even has a pleasant odor to it. And for that, it is very dangerous stuff. My last trip, this past october, I had the first ever experience with true alcohol induced double vision. Though I can't blame it all on the Cazedores. I also had a few too many Waboritas. Those are basically Kamikazis made with tequila. I had to ask "my new friends" that I was with, if my eyes were crossed. :lol: And I was serious. :lmao:

Thanks so much for the info!! We wanted to go fishing, but didn't know how we'd get the fish back home. Glad to hear that they'll take care of that for us. Did you stay in town, or in the corridor?

Ponytail

J and M said:
Thanks so much for the info!! We wanted to go fishing, but didn't know how we'd get the fish back home. Glad to hear that they'll take care of that for us. Did you stay in town, or in the corridor?

I stay right in Cabo. Mar De Cortez. It's about 2 blocks from the Marina, right around the corner from the Cabo Wabo Cantina, and 5 or 6 blocks from Medano Beach. $135 for the week! We walked everywhere, just cuz it's so nice there. Taxi's are plentiful, but they do double and triple charge Americans. Anyway, the Mar De Cortez, 24 hour security on the premises, Super clean air-conditioned rooms, large inground pool, sports bar and one of the best restaurants in Cabo (especially they're breakfasts) right on the premises. No TV's or phones in the rooms but there are pay phones there for emergencies. You can sleep out by the pool if you want with no problem. I have done that on more than one occasion.

There are other hotels, right on the beach, marina, pretty much where ever, but you'll pay BIG time for it. depends on what you want in a vacation. For me, I'm never in my room. So I'd rather spend my money on other stuff.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
PT, my husband and I looked into Cabo for our honeymoon but everything I read said you couldn't swim in the ocean (or whatever that little body of water is there) because of the rip tides. Is that true? I was afraid to go because I'm freaked out by the water as it is. We ultimately chose Cozumel and absolutely loved it. :yay:

SmallTown

Football season!
K_Jo said:
We ultimately chose Cozumel and absolutely loved it. :yay:
I've heard really good things about that area! How were the prices there? Is the airport close, or is it a long drive?

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
SmallTown said:
I've heard really good things about that area! How were the prices there? Is the airport close, or is it a long drive?
We went Christmas week and paid just under $3k for airfare and seven days all-inclusive at the Melia resort. It was awesome! Everything was close. The airport was about 15 minutes from our resort and the downtown shopping area where the cruise ships come in was about 10 minutes - a $5 cab ride. It was absolutely beautiful and so much fun!! I cried the last day. :bawl:

SmallTown

Football season!
K_Jo said:
We went Christmas week and paid just under $3k for airfare and seven days all-inclusive at the Melia resort. It was awesome! Everything was close. The airport was about 15 minutes from our resort and the downtown shopping area where the cruise ships come in was about 10 minutes - a $5 cab ride. It was absolutely beautiful and so much fun!! I cried the last day. :bawl:
can you bump this thread tomorrow? I'm sure I won't remember it and this is soem good info

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
SmallTown said:
can you bump this thread tomorrow? I'm sure I won't remember it and this is soem good info
:roflmao: Sure. I'll try to remember. :lmao: I'm glad I stayed in. I'm getting such a good chuckle from you!

Ponytail

K_Jo said:
PT, my husband and I looked into Cabo for our honeymoon but everything I read said you couldn't swim in the ocean (or whatever that little body of water is there) because of the rip tides. Is that true? I was afraid to go because I'm freaked out by the water as it is. We ultimately chose Cozumel and absolutely loved it. :yay:

Not True. Did ya miss the part where I said you can Scuba and Snorkel? You have to swim to do those things. :lmao:

Yes, I swam, from the beach. Several different ones actually, as did thousands of other folks. There are dangerous beaches there, as there are all over the world, but there are also plenty of nice calm swimmable beaches. It is absolutely beautiful. There is nothing bad about it.

I've been to Cozumel, and will probably never go back. I didn't like it, was dirty, expensive and too "small"...couldn't wander far. Dunno, my dad likes it and has been going to Cozumel every year for gawd knows how long at Christmas time. He loves it there. I guess everyone is different.