Anyone else feeling exhausted? Something going around?

gretchen

I think I've got the flu. Profoundly tired,more than I've ever felt in my life,and otherwise just some mild cold symptoms. Is something going around? I haven't left the house in days,I'm feeling so out of it.

dan0623_2000

There always seems to be something going around. All I can say is watch your temperature and I hope you start feeling better.

CRHS89

I've had a nasty head cold since Christmas Eve. No fever, but runny nose and sluggish. Not terribly bad but it just lingers. I don't remember having a cold this long.

gretchen

I don't know why it's comforting,but I was secretly hoping loads of people would say me too! Misery loves company!

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
I just feel lazy from eating too much holiday junk. Time to get back to eating better. :bawl:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I had a strain of the flu that was not included in my flu shot in October. From Sun - Sat the week before Christmas, I was knocked down, pretty much for the count. I've never had a bout like that, but then again i have never been 60 before, either. I got into to see my DR on that Tuesday, and the nasal swab produced positive flue results. I feel good now, but still not completely right. That strain was/is nasty.

We had a nine year old boy die near here last week after suffering complications from the flu since November. Sad.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I think I've got the flu. Profoundly tired,more than I've ever felt in my life,and otherwise just some mild cold symptoms. Is something going around? I haven't left the house in days,I'm feeling so out of it.

There is 'always something going around' but, I gotta say it is WAY more widespread, it seems, than normal. WAY more people than normal, for me, have gotten sick. Some more like flu and wiped out, some with really wet coughs and a LOT like me, just a severe cold for a few days, running nose, tired. For me, it's because this is, by far, the least amount of holiday drinking I've done that I can remember. Thus, I am vulnerable lacking the normal protections of ongoing mild alcohol poisoning.

On the other hand, it's been so pleasant having NO hangovers to suffer with all the friends, family and running around that a new trend may have emerged. Kinda scary... :lol:

SG_Player1974

Anyone with kids need to prepare for next week.

You just know that there will be one kid in every class who's parents use the school more for daycare than education and will send their runny nosed, coughing, sneezing, walking infection to class which almost assures that YOUR kid will be sick in the coming days afterwards.

luvmygdaughters

Feeling rundown and tired but I attribute that to the Christmas frenzy we all go thru. Just a couple of nights with some good sleep, hopefully will do the trick.

catlingirl

My family and myself had a virus last week with high temp cold etc. My daughter was out of school for 4 days. I heard there is a flu epidemic right now.

PJay

b23hqb, take good care of yourself. Doctor on Fox News spoke about that strain today. I couldn't find their article about but found one from CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/04/health/flu-vaccine-mutated-virus/index.html

I had a strain of the flu that was not included in my flu shot in October. From Sun - Sat the week before Christmas, I was knocked down, pretty much for the count. I've never had a bout like that, but then again i have never been 60 before, either. I got into to see my DR on that Tuesday, and the nasal swab produced positive flue results. I feel good now, but still not completely right. That strain was/is nasty.

We had a nine year old boy die near here last week after suffering complications from the flu since November. Sad.