Anyone Notice the DOW?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Hmmmmm.....

Capture.JPG Capture1.JPG

Hessian

Love the impact on my broad investments...BUT
The Chinese bank consolidation and bankruptcy rate is troubling on three fronts:
A) Nations that face economic turmoil often look for an exterior enemy to distract an angry public...For China?...Taiwan looks yummy.
B) To stabilize the banking issue they may have to pull some realignment...does that mean dumping US bonds?..A sell off of US bonds will impact all of us.
C) Anticipate a rise in value for gold & precious metals.

Should we liquefy some of or assets before this Asian tsunami smacks us?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
The red circle is the attempted assassination. The rest is a greatly renewed breath of fresh air and a much brighter hope for our future.

Capture.JPG

Hessian

NASDAQ took a serious thumping yesterday...3% drop in 6 hours. I hope the tantrum is over.
The exuberance of Tuesday was completely reversed by Wednesday...I need to do some homework and find out why.

Hessian

Looks like the summer abuse to our portfolios continue. The instability is coming from different facets of the market. I kind of wish they would all take a breath before starting every day like a roller-coaster. Numbers look bad in the past week!

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Looks like the summer abuse to our portfolios continue. The instability is coming from different facets of the market. I kind of wish they would all take a breath before starting every day like a roller-coaster. Numbers look bad in the past week!
The sudden rise was nice, but just a fluke. The following days of downward adjustment were totally expected, but damn....

Hessian

Decent recovery of numbers to close out July. Only one down month since January. You know what that means...the FED will refuse to budge on rates...so here we sit with millions of families unable to buy homes due to high rates and overpriced materials & scarce labor.

TPD

the poor dad
It’s Monday morning in Japan and Tokyo markets are down on the open more than 7% on fears of a US recession. Not looking good for our markets tomorrow.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

It’s Monday morning in Japan and Tokyo markets are down on the open more than 7% on fears of a US recession. Not looking good for our markets tomorrow.

Class: Sell sell sell. Clear all your positions. Park all your cash to weather the coming financial storm.

And with the dollar going down, relative to other currencies, now at 102.64, you can bet institutional investors will be looking for a safe haven for those dollars.

Interesting though ... when the dollar goes down, there is usually a corresponding increase to silver and gold price increases. However, this is not happening. A very odd and questionable occurrence.

1722853388958-png.178687
1722853362429.png
1722853375405.png

Last edited:

TPD

the poor dad
Dow futures down over 1200 points at the moment. NASDAQ down 5.5%. Gonna be a bloodbath today.

Hessian

Stock market crash AND on the brink of WWIII! Let's go Brandon!
When a nation sanctions so many wicked things...and defies what is fair, reasonable, responsible...LIES about what is plainly true--there are consequences. Some will say there are natural outcomes...I believe there are both spiritual AND natural outcomes.
A foolish & wicked people are irreverent, mocking and are a drain on a nation, a burden to the remnant who still work, still believe....and EVERYBODY has to pay for it.

TPD

the poor dad
Anyone else use Schwab.com? I've tried logging on to 2 of my accounts with them with not luck this morning. Overloaded servers? I can log on to my Fidelity account with no issue.