Appetite Suppressors

MichelleLea

I know this sounds lame...

But what about just eating from the earth? Hubby and I have been eating from the earth (for the most part) about 80% of our intake and we've lost allot of weight and we still eat and snack. We just eat lots of fruits, veggies, nuts, beans, chicken or turkey (prepared right not fried). And we are eating "something" about every 2 hours. We NEVER skip meals and actually have more energy too!

I tried the "magic pills" most of my life and they are all a JOKE. Don't waste your money on the pills or shakes because if you eat properly you wont even need supplements...for the most part.

Just my opinion...please don't blast me.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
But what about just eating from the earth? Hubby and I have been eating from the earth (for the most part) about 80% of our intake and we've lost allot of weight and we still eat and snack. We just eat lots of fruits, veggies, nuts, beans, chicken or turkey (prepared right not fried). And we are eating "something" about every 2 hours. We NEVER skip meals and actually have more energy too!

I tried the "magic pills" most of my life and they are all a JOKE. Don't waste your money on the pills or shakes because if you eat properly you wont even need supplements...for the most part.

I completely agree with you.....
Unfortunately not everyone is open to a mostly raw diet. Before I became pregnant I ate raw foods and I had the most energy and best mood.

I know nuts are great energy, SG, if you snack on raw walnuts, raw Brazil nuts, raw almonds, small bits of dark chocolate, Greek yogurt with cinnamon and flax oil, it would do wonders. Fish oil capsules are great also, especially for diabetics. Everyone can benefit from fish oil.

dn0121

Daily caloric intake should be 40% protein 40% carbs 20% fat at most. I strive for 50/40/10.

Don't go to gnc, they will rob u.

snuzzy

I brush my teeth, often, I never want to eat after that. I read about this in Good Housekeeping years ago and it's the one "trick" that has helped me the most. :yahoo:

MCCguy

Umm.....

I'm sure her Dr. would tell her that is totally safe :rolleyes:

That's just like saying cocaine/meth/crack works wonders just don't abuse it :lmao:

Ok ~ well first of all, phentermine is not a illegal drugs like the ones you are compairing it to, and I am simply trying to give her my opinion of what works.

As far as her Dr. telling her it's safe, mine does and is a great one at that..:smack:

belvak

Happy Camper
green tea. with splenda. warm is best. Ive been trying curvelle..it is mostly caffeine...cinnamon that controls blood sugar levels, etc. I don't see anything on the label that is dangerous. but if you cant hang with caffeine..it is probably not for you. works only decently welll IMO. Im not super impressed. green tea and excersise are the two that have usually worked for me...

I'm allergic to caffeine! :bawl: Guess I'll just have to keep on doing it the hard way... Eat right and Exercise!!! :yay: Of course, age and the big "M" work against "us females!" :ohwell:

Sometimes I like to thank dog for thinks in life that are good. I will say prays to dog for you so that you don't make fun of my disable anymore :bawl:

Prays back to you!!! Hope dog helps you with your disable! :huggy:

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
Ok ~ well first of all, phentermine is not a illegal drugs like the ones you are compairing it to, and I am simply trying to give her my opinion of what works.

As far as her Dr. telling her it's safe, mine does and is a great one at that..:smack:

I used phentermine and lost 55 lbs. If you don't want an appitite, take it

MMDad

Lem Putt
Anyone know of any that work that are not awful for you? I am getting to the point that I am hungry all of the time. I have been snacking on low carb candy and Slim Jims but I'd rather not snack at all.

Thanks.

Whenever you feel hungry, think of Toppick. Oops - that violated the "not awful for you" didn't it?

I would say that depends on the person, some people are carb sensitive, beans,most fruits, and many veggies are high in carbs

It does seem that you are taking in a lot of protein ...

I use the whey protein to make shakes because I just don't have time in the am to make breakfast! lol

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Anyone know of any that work that are not awful for you? I am getting to the point that I am hungry all of the time. I have been snacking on low carb candy and Slim Jims but I'd rather not snack at all.

Thanks.

You're snacking on junk. Eat frequent, more smaller meals that benefit your body. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies, protein, some egg whites, beans are good, etc.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Eat breakfast. I am not a big breakfast eater - I've never been hungry in the morning. So I take breakfast with me to work and eat it once I can psych myself up for it. Usually it's a banana or a quarter cup of almonds. Which for some reason is easier on me. Anyway, by the time I'm done, I'm not as hungry for lunch, and wind up eating that later. Then by the time I have dinner I'm not as hungry. No snacks and no feeling of I'm starving to death by the time my next meal time arrives.

sockgirl77

You're snacking on junk. Eat frequent, more smaller meals that benefit your body. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies, protein, some egg whites, beans are good, etc.

Actually I'm snacking on low carb candy and Slim Jims. I have to watch my carbs. I have to limit my bean and fruit intake. I'm diabetic and carbs are the devil.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Actually I'm snacking on low carb candy and Slim Jims. I have to watch my carbs. I have to limit my bean and fruit intake. I'm diabetic and carbs are the devil.

But even low carb or sugar free candy still can make your insulin spike. Just like diet sodas, etc. You should follow the glycemic index..great "diet."

sockgirl77

But even low carb or sugar free candy still can make your insulin spike. Just like diet sodas, etc. You should follow the glycemic index..great "diet."

After talking to a few people I think that I'm going to increase my water intake, eat the 5 small "meals" a day, and get on my tread mill on a daily basis. I can eat all the eggs, milk, veggies, and cheese I want. Going to the store tonight. :yahoo:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life

Candy = junk and Slim Jims = junk. They're both "empty" calories that are not "fueling" your body of the stuff it needs. I'd set up an appt with a nutritionist or maybe your doctor to go over your needs/concerns.

sockgirl77

Candy = junk and Slim Jims = junk. They're both "empty" calories that are not "fueling" your body of the stuff it needs. I'd set up an appt with a nutritionist or maybe your doctor to go over your needs/concerns.

My doc is the one that suggested the South Beach Diet which is what I've been following. My main issue has been lack of time to exercise but now I'm getting a tread mill and that'll help out tremendously. I'm also going to start walking during lunch once it cools down.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
I love the Mega-T Green Tea caplets. :yay: They even have water pills now, which are great to take during your sensitive time. :huggy:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Aren't those shakes loaded with sugar? I'm actually looking for a pill, not a shake or snack.

If there was a "magic bullet" there would be no such thing as Lane Bryant.

If you really want to slim down, feel healthier and better about yourself then it's gotta be diet exercise and discipline.

Low carb candy is ok for a treat after dinner maybe but not a a sustaining between meals snack. There are several threads and posts in here that you can use as a guideline.