Arab-American Heritage Month

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
LINK

"April is Arab-American Heritage Month. Let us take this opportunity to acknowledge and celebrate the many contributions Arab-Americans, at 3.5 million strong, have made to this great country.

Sadly, this is an uphill battle. Despite our long presence and significant contributions to the United States, we are too often seen as outsiders.

But our history is part of American history, and it includes such memorable figures as Pvt. Nathan Badeen, who died fighting the British in the Revolutionary War, to the early Yemeni community in Dearborn, Mich., which greatly contributed to building the Ford Motor Co.

Arab-American innovations include the invention of the ice cream cone (Ernest Hamwi) and the development of the artificial heart (Dr. Michael DeBakey). In fact, Arab-Americans have excelled in every facet of American life."

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
nhboob said:
"April is Arab-American Heritage Month. Let us take this opportunity to acknowledge and celebrate the many contributions Arab-Americans, at 3.5 million strong, have made to this great country.

Sadly, this is an uphill battle. Despite our long presence and significant contributions to the United States, we are too often seen as outsiders..."
:lmao: "Contributions..." "uphill battle..."

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

Let's not forget their fearless leadership in urban renewal and renovating the Manhattan skyline.

Vince

Nonothing, did you even think about this before you posted it? Answer: Yes, you did and posted it anyway. You just can't fix stupid.

bcp

In My Opinion
Let's not forget their fearless leadership in urban renewal and renovating the Manhattan skyline.

Also remember how they try to keep America beautiful by making their ugly women cover their face in public.

of course, this is counter productive if the women is not ugly...

better safe than sorry?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Trend setters in the rearing of children too. Run 'em over with the family car if they don't toe the line. Very effective.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Also remember how they try to keep America beautiful by making their ugly women cover their face in public.

better safe than sorry?
You do ralize that this says Arab American, not Muslim. One of the Best entertainers ever, Danny Thomas, was Arab American. Though I doubt he would have used those particular words. He was also a devout Roman Catholic and the founder of the St. Judes childrens research hospital.

bcp

In My Opinion
You do ralize that this says Arab American, not Muslim. One of the Best entertainers ever, Danny Thomas, was Arab American. Though I doubt he would have used those particular words. He was also a devout Roman Catholic and the founder of the St. Judes childrens research hospital.

You do realize that the Arabs are attributed to the spread of Islam right? that is their primary language. They are the ones that actually spread it into Africa.

Mohammad Ali and obama are Muslim, does that mean all Americans, or all Kenyans are also Muslim?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
:roflmao:

April has long since been designated "Southern History and Heritage" month, along with National Scots-Irish month....

You want to be the one to go tell all the Southerners they have to give up their month to a bunch of "Arab-Americans"....:whistle:

If you survive, also be sure to tell all the Irish and Scottish Americans next.

:roflmao:

Hessian

Breeding tension?

If I recall, Persians (true Persians) resent being grouped with Arabs.
Turks: same thing.
Iraq:...they are very quick to point out foreigners who come to stir up trouble.
Lebanese bristle if labeled "Arab."

Thus,...Americans who really don't sort out who is who...will group the whole bunch together (and offend all of them).

We have just "created" a celebration that will do little but infuriate other minorities: Typical idiots that attempt to run this nation. This regime must be toppled.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
You do realize that the Arabs are attributed to the spread of Islam right? Only because that's where the religions founder is from
that is their primary language. Wrong again, it's arabic
They are the ones that actually spread it into Africa.
Mohammad Ali and obama are Muslim, does that mean all Americans, or all Kenyans are also Muslim? Mohammed Ali, yes. Obama says no, and I have no reason to not believe him
None of that really has anything to do with your painting all Arab Americans as Muslims.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
:killingme All this hate. If I'm not mistaken middle easterners are considered "white" so all you bigots have at it.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
If I recall, Persians (true Persians) resent being grouped with Arabs.
Turks: same thing.
Iraq:...they are very quick to point out foreigners who come to stir up trouble.
Lebanese bristle if labeled "Arab."

Thus,...Americans who really don't sort out who is who...will group the whole bunch together (and offend all of them).

We have just "created" a celebration that will do little but infuriate other minorities: Typical idiots that attempt to run this nation. This regime must be toppled.

None of that really has anything to do with your painting all Arab Americans as Muslims.

:dingding:

molly_21

:killingme All this hate. If I'm not mistaken middle easterners are considered "white" so all you bigots have at it.

Not necessarily true. There are alot of black middle easterner's depending what country in the middle east you go to.

Last edited:

bcp

In My Opinion

I have read this a number of times and to be honest, I dont have a clue where the race came into the picture prior to your post.
Do you have an oversized chip balancing on your shoulder or could you just be playing along with the poking thats going on here?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Maybe y'all should re-read the thread from the top before blaming bcp for something he hadn't done. Merlin was the first to turn this thread into a Muslim-bashing thread. Just sayin'.

better safe than sorry?
Yeah I forgot about all those Catholics running around in their burquas.