Are there any Red Sox/Yankee fans here?

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
itsbob said:
Am a die hard Red SOx fan, but can't watch.. same chit different year.. Won't get excited unless SOMEDAY they actually make it back to the World Series.. THEN, and only then, will I watch them snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory yet again!!
Tell me something........

Do you believe in the Curse of the Bambino too??

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Penn said:
Tell me something........

Do you believe in the Curse of the Bambino too??
I don't believe in it.. but I don't think any Red Sox players believe in diet and exercise either.. Thinkin if Ramirez was a little lighter could have run down the fly ball.. if Ortiz wasn't such a lard azz he could have made it home on his triple.. and these are PROfessional athletes? What a joke..
BUT I love my Sox..

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
itsbob said:
I don't believe in it.. but I don't think any Red Sox players believe in diet and exercise either.. Thinkin if Ramirez was a little lighter could have run down the fly ball.. if Ortiz wasn't such a lard azz he could have made it home on his triple.. and these are PROfessional athletes? What a joke..
BUT I love my Sox..
:shrug: Well, there's go to be something to it. ESPN devoted a whole hour of programming to it about 6 or 8 months ago.

About Ramirez, they were talking about that on the tube last night. Basically he's out there in left field to do his best, but he's mainly in the game for his bat.

Ortiz reminds me of a black Babe Ruth; when he swings at a pitch, he nearly comes out of his socks! Sometimes he connects, sometimes he don't.

K

Katie

I am a Red Sox fan, will be whether they win or lose. I knew they couldn't beat the yankees. :ohwell:

Toxick

Splat
Can't stand either one

I only wish that both teams could lose.

I hate NY.
I hate Boston.

Both cities are toilet bowls, and need to be flushed, and I can't bring myself to root for either team.

And here I am stuck with the Diamondbacks. :loser:

Doesn't hockey start soon?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Toxick said:
I only wish that both teams could lose.

I hate NY.
I hate Boston.

Both cities are toilet bowls, and need to be flushed, and I can't bring myself to root for either team.

And here I am stuck with the Diamondbacks. :loser:

Doesn't hockey start soon?
I feel for ya. Diamondbacks had an off year, not like they are capable of playing up to.

Randy Johnson could have gone to NY. Wonder why he didn't?

PS: I used to live in Phoenix awhile back, you get up there much?

Toxick

Splat
Penn said:
PS: I used to live in Phoenix awhile back, you get up there much?

Actually I haven't been up to Phoenix yet. I'm still exploring and learning my way around Tucson.

Are there any points of interest in Phoenix that will give me an excuse to bring my wife and three ninjae on that trip?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Toxick said:
Actually I haven't been up to Phoenix yet. I'm still exploring and learning my way around Tucson.

Are there any points of interest in Phoenix that will give me an excuse to bring my wife and three ninjae on that trip?
Probably not much more than what you've got down in Tucson - we used to call it "tuck-son"; great concerts at Celebrity Theatre, though. Suns pro basketball, spring training baseball, a real neat drive up through the Black Canyon Highway.
There's some old mining towns up in that area, that have been turned into tourist traps, scenic as all get out.
Oh yeah, South Mountain Peak during a helacious lightning storm - whooeee!
You can see the whole "valley of the sun", and all the lightning strikes, east to west! Awesome doesn't give it justice.
You're down by Nogales, or not that far away; good food, there's a restaurant in a cave as you pull into town, Mariachi band and all, try it.
Try to make it to a Mexican resort southwest of Nogales; Americans call it
Rocky Point, the locals call it Puerto Penasca. Sleepy little tourist town on the ocean down there. Very relaxed, friendly when we were there. Real authentic mexican food/don't drink the water unless it comes in a bottle.

Toxick

Splat
Penn said:
a real neat drive up through the Black Canyon Highway.

More than anything this is what I'm interested in.

Penn said:
There's some old mining towns up in that area, that have been turned into tourist traps, scenic as all get out.

Cool. I really like the landscape around here. I would actually like to get out of the city more often than I do, but with the kids, after an hour or so in the car, it starts to become more of a chore than a family-fun thing, so we don't go very far that often.

We have gone a few times up into Mount Lemmon. They really seem to like that. Or at least my oldest does. The babies always seem to fall asleep when we get up to around 5000 feet.

Penn said:
You're down by Nogales, or not that far away; good food, there's a restaurant in a cave as you pull into town, Mariachi band and all, try it.
Try to make it to a Mexican resort southwest of Nogales; Americans call it
Rocky Point, the locals call it Puerto Penasca. Sleepy little tourist town on the ocean down there. Very relaxed, friendly when we were there. Real authentic mexican food/don't drink the water unless it comes in a bottle.

That sounds really cool. Not sure what all driving into Mexico involves though. I imagine we'll need passports, and subject our car to searches and things. I've never been out of the country before, so I'm going to have to talk to some people around here who go to Nogales and see what I should do and not do.

Of course, getting back into the US can't be that tough. One look at the street around here tells me that the borders aren't that secure. :whistle:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Wow! Can you say bludgeoned? Yanks 19, Red Sox 8 :confused:

One sportscaster on ESPN2 said the Yankees scored more runs last night than most of the college football teams did yesterday, and they score points at a rate of 6 and 3 normally.

Uh, that wasn't right. You don't do that sort of thing in Fenway Park during the ALCS to the Boston Red Sox, especially in front of 40,000+ fans.

The Red Sox just might rise up, taking this slaughter personally, and run off 4 games in a row now.

NOT !!!

To my l'il red-headed friend at Jethro's, I believe you went like this :neener: as I was leaving last night, with the Yankees down 6 - 4.

Read and weep.

D

darkriver4362

They might actually do it..... :confused:

BTW, WTF was up with A-Rod's spoiled brat maneuver last night against Arroyo???? All the while pretty boy Jeter was whining in the dugout.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
darkriver4362 said:
They might actually do it..... :confused:

BTW, WTF was up with A-Rod's spoiled brat maneuver last night against Arroyo???? All the while pretty boy Jeter was whining in the dugout.
Whooo boy! All bets are off the table now! Tonight's game is shaping up to rank right up there with the greatest baseball games of this century, and yeah, :lmao: the last century too!

Gosh, listen to all the old cliches on ESPN! The gloves are off now! - It's do or die time now! - Maybe the Curse of the Bambino is coming to an end?

One hell of an effort turned in by Curt Schilling last night! Could you ask for more?

A-Rod? How about frustration? I didn't notice Jeter whining in the dugout, missed it.

How about another cliche? You wanna take any bets on how thick the air of tension was at the stadium was last night - that you could cut it with a knife?

And, tonight will be any different, too? Hah!!

Last edited:
R

rhumbpunch

Penn said:
Wow! Can you say bludgeoned? Yanks 19, Red Sox 8 :confused:

Uh, that wasn't right. You don't do that sort of thing in Fenway Park during the ALCS to the Boston Red Sox, especially in front of 40,000+ fans.

The Red Sox just might rise up, taking this slaughter personally, and run off 4 games in a row now.

NOT !!!

To my l'il red-headed friend at Jethro's, I believe you went like this :neener: as I was leaving last night, with the Yankees down 6 - 4.

Read and weep.

Hey Series tied 3-3, since you posted this, any comments?

Go Sox!