Are there any Red Sox/Yankee fans here?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
rhumbpunch said:
Hey Series tied 3-3, since you posted this, any comments?

Go Sox!
:hangingheadonchest/standingincornerofroom:

EEEwwww! I reviewed that post of mine, just before seeing yours. :blushing:

Well, what's done is done, and I hope they can pull it off tonight. :angel: :pulleeeze:

R

rhumbpunch

Penn said:

Well, what's done is done, and I hope they can pull it off tonight. :angel: :pulleeeze:

Which They?

Hey you in some kinda baseball time-out now?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
rhumbpunch said:
Which They?

Hey you in some kinda baseball time-out now?
Um, I was born and raised in upstate NY, went to my first ballgame at the stadium when I was 6 yrs old, idolized Mickey Mantle, etc., etc., etc.,------- and you have the nerve to ask that question??

R

rhumbpunch

Penn said:
Um, I was born and raised in upstate NY, went to my first ballgame at the stadium when I was 6 yrs old, idolized Mickey Mantle, etc., etc., etc.,------- and you have the nerve to ask that question??

Thought that Mantle Guy played for the Red Sox back in the Yaz days?

Heard they used to party together.

R

rhumbpunch

Penn said:

But you are real close to being prolific with this part of your post:

"The Red Sox just might rise up, taking this slaughter personally, and run off 4 games in a row now."

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
rhumbpunch said:
But you are real close to being prolific with this part of your post:

"The Red Sox just might rise up, taking this slaughter personally, and run off 4 games in a row now."
I was being sarcastic, (and maybe gloating a little :lmao: ), you gotta admit, it looked pretty bleak at the time.

BTW, anybody ever suggest to you: You're a no-huntin', no fishin', late-for-dinner, Redneck who has to mow his front yard every 2 months, just to find out where the truck disappeared to?:razz:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Well now! The Sox are up 8 - 1 over the Yanks, is that it? I'll tell you what - unless a miracle busts out, the Curse of the Bambino is over!

Damn, I hate to eat crow!:burning: I'd rather Korean-cooked squid, than do that mean, nasty, old, tough and stringy bird!

But hey, the Red Sox have waited long enough for their chance at the World Series again. What is it, 70 or 80 years?

Good luck, and make us proud against the National League:patriot:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Penn said:
Well now! The Sox are up 8 - 1 over the Yanks, is that it? I'll tell you what - unless a miracle busts out, the Curse of the Bambino is over!

Damn, I hate to eat crow!:burning: I'd rather Korean-cooked squid, than do that mean, nasty, old, tough and stringy bird!

But hey, the Red Sox have waited long enough for their chance at the World Series again. What is it, 70 or 80 years?

Good luck, and make us proud against the National League:patriot:

NOT quite.. the curse is.. they haven't won the WORLD SERIES since 1918, the year they traded BAbe Ruth.. they've been to the world series several times since.. only to leave emty handed..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Penn said:
Has anybody heard the fat lady singing yet?:ohwell:

BOSOX ACTUALLY DID IT!!

10 - 3.. on to the world series!!

LOT of people had to have lost a LOT of money on the YANKMEs this year..

R

rhumbpunch

darkriver4362 said:
Johnny Damon Kicks Ass

Great to see Johnny D break out of his slump. The man was due!

Watching the game, kept waiting for that Yankees comeback, didn't happen. Tip of the hat to the Yankees.

To bad after the game, they had to listen to 10,000 Red Sox fans in thier house, chanting:

Who's Yo Daddy!

K

Katie

I am SO thrilled that they won the Pennant and on to the World Series. I can't believe that they put Pedro on last night, and boom, the yankees scored a couple home runs right away. I was thinking...oh boy, the victory is now gone.

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
It was scary - watching them put Pedro on the mound and the Yanks popping off a couple runs right away...had visions of last year!!!!

Horaay for the Sox!!!!
:getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Penn said:
Wow! Can you say bludgeoned? Yanks 19, Red Sox 8 :confused:

One sportscaster on ESPN2 said the Yankees scored more runs last night than most of the college football teams did yesterday, and they score points at a rate of 6 and 3 normally.

Uh, that wasn't right. You don't do that sort of thing in Fenway Park during the ALCS to the Boston Red Sox, especially in front of 40,000+ fans.

The Red Sox just might rise up, taking this slaughter personally, and run off 4 games in a row now.

NOT !!!

To my l'il red-headed friend at Jethro's, I believe you went like this :neener: as I was leaving last night, with the Yankees down 6 - 4.

Read and weep.
Impressive prediction there pal.

I bet you can even pick the winner of the World Series after the last out of the final game. :killingme

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Ken King said:
Impressive prediction there pal.

I bet you can even pick the winner of the World Series after the last out of the final game. :killingme
Hey, sometimes you win, sometimes you get your head handed to you, without even a thank you. :twitch:

Who would have believed, when I posted that, the Red Sox would actually accomplish the feat. It hadn't been done in the history of baseball.

Oh well, if the either Cardinals or the Astros win, it will be a he!! of a series.

No predictions, yet! Gotta compare team assets/liabilities/injuries.

You can't say enough about Curt Schillings' effort the other night; wounded, bleeding from the ankle, on cortisone shots, and he delivers a pitching masterpiece like that?

What is there to say? GO Sox?? I ain't quite ready for that one just yet.:lol: