Are there any Red Sox/Yankee fans here?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
mainman said:
I'm sure we are all waiting with baited breath for your predictions...:roflmao:
You mean with as much trepidation as your Redskin picks? Those were pretty hot as I recall..........against the Giants was the last one I think; and that was a loser too!!

Shoot!! I'm sorry, I'll try to use easier words for you to understand in my next post!

(MainMan: trepidation? what the hell does that mean??)

R

rhumbpunch

Penn said:
BTW, anybody ever suggest to you: You're a no-huntin', no fishin', late-for-dinner, Redneck who has to mow his front yard every 2 months, just to find out where the truck disappeared to?:razz:

No, They Haven't.

FYI, it only takes the goats one month to eat thier way to the truck!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Current Sox/Yankee hate story...

...I read somehwere that this will cost Kerr the Whitehouse.

The story goes that New Jersey Yankee fans are so pizzed that they will not vote for Boston John thus W takes New Jersey and the electoral prize.

:lmao:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Larry Gude said:
...I read somehwere that this will cost Kerr the Whitehouse.

The story goes that New Jersey Yankee fans are so pizzed that they will not vote for Boston John thus W takes New Jersey and the electoral prize.

:lmao:
Gude Dude! I like it!! Heck of a waay to ensure GW will be in the Oval Office for
4 more years, but I'll take it! At least the Red Sox will have accomplished a more noble, worthwhile feat than knocking my Yankees out of the World Series!! :moon:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Penn...

...I've heard the mistake was game 6 not starting Mussina. Yes? No?

Now that you have no dog in this fight:

Astros or Cards?

Then NL or Sox?

I don't know how much credit to give the Sox because Yankee pitching just seemed horrific.

I love LaRussa and someone said that each of the Redsox WS appearances were against the NL team with the best record for that decade, Cards in the 60's, Cinny in the 70's and the Mets in the 80's which means...Cards v. Sox

Of course, Houston is a HELL of a team...

What's next oh wise one?

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
To me, the Yankees always seemed like they had an arrogant sense of entitlement, of nobless oblige. Like they felt they deserved to win because of the team's history and because, well, they're the Yankees. That's the same attitude as Paris Hilton, except I hope none of the Yankees ever makes a sex video.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Larry Gude said:
Maybe sports center will use it tonight? We heard it here first! You'll be famous!
:lol:

Here's my impression of the Yankees' attitude: "We are the almighty pinstriped gods! Worship us or die!"

Larry Gude

Strung Out
George...

...SnyderBrenner has paid good money to foster that image.

I LOVE it when the Yankees lose. Remember last off season? The union nixing the A Rod deal to the Sox? That was such BS and turned out to be such sweet justice.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Larry Gude said:
...a sports word!

Maybe sports center will use it tonight? We heard it here first! You'll be famous!
I think it was used solely by the chess team. :lmao:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Wouldn’t it be a hoot if Houston gets in and Clemons gets a win or two while dumping Boston? Ex-Yankee keeping the curse going.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Larry Gude said:
...I've heard the mistake was game 6 not starting Mussina. Yes? No?

Now that you have no dog in this fight:

Astros or Cards?

Then NL or Sox?

I don't know how much credit to give the Sox because Yankee pitching just seemed horrific.

I love LaRussa and someone said that each of the Redsox WS appearances were against the NL team with the best record for that decade, Cards in the 60's, Cinny in the 70's and the Mets in the 80's which means...Cards v. Sox
Of course, Houston is a HELL of a team...

What's next oh wise one?
Here I go doing what I said I wasn't ready to do yet, 'cause I really don't know the shape of either NL team.

Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained, but I will hedge a little.

My gut tells me St Louis is a better team, offensively #1, pitching #2. They can score alot of runs in a hurry. But I haven't watched them enough to know about the team shape itself; who's hurting/in a slump/not finding their pitching rhythm, etc., intangible things.

I like LaRussa as a manager. What else? Oh, Puljols(sp?), Edmonds, Rolens, whew - tough trio to face!

Astros are like the Red Sox to me - pitching is #1, offense is not that bad though, #2. Again I'm not sure what shape they are in right now, on an upward trend or downward trend? Physically or mentally.

As for NL or Al; it's funny, but I've always been an American League fan.
------------------------------------------------------I Wonder why?:banana:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Of course nothing could be better...

...than Astros/Red Sox.

The shame is a possible game 7 would be Oct 31. Maybe a rain delay could push it back to election night????

WOW!

Pete

Repete
Perfectly executed suicide squeeze play by St. Louis. :yay: the California cheese comercial with the cow in the sprinkler to the song "Lady" by Styx was funny as hell.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
seanboy79 said:
all i got to say is thank god the red sox's made it!!!!!!!!!!!! :getdown: :cheers: :cheers:
He didn't have nothin' to do with it. The Bambino expired a long time ago.:killingme