Are you a good tipper?

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
BadGirl said:
I'm too freakin' old and tired to be standing up for 11 hours straight. My back just can't handle it anymore.
I can relate to the back thing. Hours of standing definitely upset the back.

janey83

Twenty Something
Hmm...actually she might've been 14, come to think of it. Her older sister and her mom both worked there, so she got a job, too. :shrug:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
janey83 said:
Hmm...actually she might've been 14, come to think of it. Her older sister and her mom both worked there, so she got a job, too. :shrug:

Maybe she was cleaning off the tables because she wasn't on the payroll.

janey83

Twenty Something
elaine said:
Maybe she was cleaning off the tables because she wasn't on the payroll.

No, she got paid like the rest of us, I remember because I had to show her how to do some of the things, and she would serve the pizzas to the tables just like everyone else, stock the salad bar, sweep, etc.

I'd still rather work at a restaurant than as a cashier, though -- the only place I've ever worked that really screwed me out of money was SFW, ohhh, the flashbacks. :ohwell:

BuddyLee

Football addict
janey83 said:
I'd still rather work at a restaurant than as a cashier, though -- the only place I've ever worked that really screwed me out of money was SFW, ohhh, the flashbacks. :ohwell:
Bwahahhahahah

itsbob

I bowl overhand
janey83 said:
No, she got paid like the rest of us, I remember because I had to show her how to do some of the things, and she would serve the pizzas to the tables just like everyone else, stock the salad bar, sweep, etc.

I'd still rather work at a restaurant than as a cashier, though -- the only place I've ever really been screwed for money was at SFW, ohhh, the flashbacks. :ohwell:
:twitch:

janey83

Twenty Something
I spent a good chunk of my time today pouring through the classifieds from the local paper, circling ads I was qualified for and that weren't "permanent full-time".....and so far, I have an interview on Saturday, a place is calling me back sometime Friday, and I have to update my info at Manpower on Monday....but the whole thing is so frustrating, no one really wants someone for the summer, especially when I'm tied down a few days a week at another place. :shrug: I even called a professional maid service, but they were all the way out in Waldorf.

Erin

janey83 said:
I spent a good chunk of my time today pouring through the classifieds from the local paper, circling ads I was qualified for and that weren't "permanent full-time".....and so far, I have an interview on Saturday, a place is calling me back sometime Friday, and I have to update my info at Manpower on Monday....but the whole thing is so frustrating, no one really wants someone for the summer, especially when I'm tied down a few days a week at another place. :shrug: I even called a professional maid service, but they were all the way out in Waldorf.

Start your own 'Cleaning Service.' Charge a little less then the professional going rate and advertise here. Perhaps I could be your first customer.
:banana: :cartwheel

SamSpade

Would it help to check out jobs in places that PEAK during the summer months? Such that, they're MAINLY looking for summer help?

janey83

Twenty Something
SamSpade said:
Would it help to check out jobs in places that PEAK during the summer months? Such that, they're MAINLY looking for summer help?

I understand what you're saying, but I'm tied to the county for my internship -- plus I can't afford to go live somewhere else in the summer, I need to live at Mom & Dad's for free.