Armed man enters crowded restaurant!

glhs837

Power with Control
I didn't even know Maryland had concealed carry... thought you had to demonstrate how it was necessary because of a credible danger (which is foolish BTW). Seems posting that you walked in to a restaurant with a loaded firearm given this isn't exactly the most brilliant thing to do.

Please dont take offense, and dont confuse my use of ignorance with the word stupidity, but I see a common thread emerging concerning firearms and the laws among those opposed to the idea of the average citizen carrying one, and ignorance of those laws.

In MD, there are is a requirement that the applicant show a "good and substantial reason" to be permitted a CCW permit. There are a few more than just being threatened. Lawyers, and folks who regularly move sums of cash like business owners making end of day deposits.

That requirement, in fact, is the linchpin of the current challenge to the Maryland policy, and is now in flux awaiting a higher court ruling.

SoMdDude

Maybe the OP is a police officer? You all probably know nothing about him/her, but I do and he/she IS a police officer...just a fyi....

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Last edited:

Inkd

I currently work on a FOB in Northeastern Afghanistan. I am surrounded by men and women 24/7 who carry those evil "assault rifles".

I'm starting to think they are all defective though. I have been here about 9 months now and have yet to see anyone assaulted by them. You would think it would be total carnage and chaos with that many weapons being carried openly.

I feel safer here then I do in Waldorf.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I saw you. Hope you don't mind that I took a couple pictures of you..

Attachments

• 487230_10200308759184101_1588248720_n.jpg
    487230_10200308759184101_1588248720_n.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 129

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I didn't even know Maryland had concealed carry... .

Say what?? MD has always issued concealed carry permits. Just not enough of them and not as readily as they should.

As the owner of a bar/restuarant/hotel I had zero problem getting my CCW in MD.

itsrequired

Maybe the OP is a police officer? You all probably know nothing about him/her, but I do and he/she IS a police officer...just a fyi....

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I'm betting the OP is a he! Being on the conservative side of this issue, I don't think the op was one of the first to get their same sex marriage license.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Google is your friend. Read up on the number of idiots going in to crowded places with loaded guns and, in the process, intentionally making a scene and scaring people just to prove a point.

I have no problem with people owning firearms or carrying them, but there's a difference between exercising your rights and being an idiot. Fortunately, "Citizen" wasn't being a nincompoop in the process

Stupid makes "Citizen's" point, it's people, not the weapon, that are the problem.
My mama use to always say, "Stupid is, as stupid does".

DEEKAYPEE8569

Open Carry In Maryland May Be Legal Or Permitted

You can open carry without a permit here.

I'm not anti-gun at all, just think it's stupid to post this stuff on the internet -- especially when you have a bunch of idiots across the country creating panic at crowded places just to prove a point.....

.....but walk around town with a gun visible on your hip and watch what happens. Just sayin'.....

So_what

Yes I'm an MPD, But who's
I’m amazed that most people don’t understand concealed carry. If done properly, no one should know you’re carrying. It doesn’t take much, a proper holster and maybe an un-tucked shirt or jacket. The whole idea is if it’s concealed, no one should know. What’s the big deal:shrug:

perfectorec

If the OP was an active or retired law enforcement officer it seems like that would be a crucial piece of information he would include in his initial post in order for people to have an informed debate. He didn't, so my guess is he's just trolling.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Tonight, my wife and children decided to go to one of the local restaurants to dine out. The restaurant was extremely crowded and there was a bit of a wait to be seated. While in this crowded restaurant, I was equipped with a large folding knife and a semi automatic firearm, with 11 rounds of ammunition. None of the other patrons of the restaurant were alarmed or paranoid, nor were they probably aware of the situation. My loaded firearm, loaded magazine, and knife never spontaneously assaulted anyone, nor were any innocent people harmed or killed during the course of their meals.

Were the other patrons, to include my wife and children, put in harms way, placed in danger, lives threatened with an armed person in the restaurant, or were they safer?

Your opinions and comments are welcomed.

Which local restaurant?

Tomcat

Anytime
If the OP was an active or retired law enforcement officer it seems like that would be a crucial piece of information he would include in his initial post in order for people to have an informed debate. He didn't, so my guess is he's just trolling.

He only has 29 total posts, and hasn't commented on this since he started it. MPD???

Citizen

I purposely haven't replied to this thread, because I was waiting for responses and opinions from others. I do come to the forums often, but I don't often feel compelled to post.

It doesn't matter whether I am a law enforcement officer or not, or whether I have a permit to carry a concealed firearm. I should have stated that my firearm was concealed while in the restaurant. Personally, if Maryland had a law permitting the carrying of firearms by law abiding people, then I wouldn't mind if it was an open carry policy. At least then I can see who is armed. It would be the people concealing the firearms I would be worried about.

The point of my posting was to bring attention to the firearms debate and to prove that guns and knives are not dangerous. They are just tools used by some dangerous and evil people. I was wondering if you or any of the patrons of the restaurant would have been in fear if they had known there was a gun in the dining area with them, or would they have been in fear of the person it was on?

I was hoping more people would give their opinions on whether they feel safe or threatened by having people carrying firearms around them. Were the people in danger or were they safer because I was carrying a firearm?

What if an ex disgruntled employee had burst into the restaurant and had a firearm? What if someone had tried to commit an armed robbery, while innocent employees and patrons were there? What if some evil crazed lunatic, who feels nobody pays him enough attention and needs to make himself famous, came into the restaurant and started shooting the place up? I can guarantee that person's actions would have been put to an immediate stop!

If more law abiding citizens were permitted to be armed, and carried concealed or open firearms, I guarantee there would be less crime in the country. Criminals and evil people would thing twice before they committed acts.

As Robert Heinlein wrote: "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.".

In closing, remember that firearms are just a tool. They dont "spontaneously" start firing and kill people. There are enough gun controls laws in place all ready. Law abiding, gun educated people are not reckless nor run wild shooting places up. They make things safer for themselves and you. Don't believe everything the media attempts to cram down your throat. The media is often uneducated and look for ratings just like any other television broadcast.

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

Citizen said:
I purposely haven't replied to this thread, because I was waiting for responses and opinions from others. I do come to the forums often, but I don't often feel compelled to post.

It doesn't matter whether I am a law enforcement officer or not, or whether I have a permit to carry a concealed firearm. I should have stated that my firearm was concealed while in the restaurant. Personally, if Maryland had a law permitting the carrying of firearms by law abiding people, then I wouldn't mind if it was an open carry policy. At least then I can see who is armed. It would be the people concealing the firearms I would be worried about.

The point of my posting was to bring attention to the firearms debate and to prove that guns and knives are not dangerous. They are just tools used by some dangerous and evil people. I was wondering if you or any of the patrons of the restaurant would have been in fear if they had known there was a gun in the dining area with them, or would they have been in fear of the person it was on?

I was hoping more people would give their opinions on whether they feel safe or threatened by having people carrying firearms around them. Were the people in danger or were they safer because I was carrying a firearm?

What if an ex disgruntled employee had burst into the restaurant and had a firearm? What if someone had tried to commit an armed robbery, while innocent employees and patrons were there? What if some evil crazed lunatic, who feels nobody pays him enough attention and needs to make himself famous, came into the restaurant and started shooting the place up? I can guarantee that person's actions would have been put to an immediate stop!

If more law abiding citizens were permitted to be armed, and carried concealed or open firearms, I guarantee there would be less crime in the country. Criminals and evil people would thing twice before they committed acts.

As Robert Heinlein wrote: "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.".

In closing, remember that firearms are just a tool. They dont "spontaneously" start firing and kill people. There are enough gun controls laws in place all ready. Law abiding, gun educated people are not reckless nor run wild shooting places up. They make things safer for themselves and you. Don't believe everything the media attempts to cram down your throat. The media is often uneducated and look for ratings just like any other television broadcast.

It does matter if you have a permit or not. If you don't have one you are not a law abiding gun owner and you weren't acting responsibly.

:shrug:

Cheeky1

Yae warsh wif' wutr
Were the other patrons, to include my wife and children, put in harms way, placed in danger, lives threatened with an armed person in the restaurant, or were they safer?

Your opinions and comments are welcomed.

A place where a gun-fight occures isn't "safe" for anyone. So, overall, I'd say neither safer or more dangerous. However, I believe a person being armed or not is about having the 'tools-for-the-job', not about being safer. Safety is a fallacy, a farce, straw-man and scape goat put in place for those who aren't, ultimately, willing to stand-up and do what is needed.

But, to broadly answer your question in the manner in which I believe you meant it. Yes, they were safer.

SoMDGirl42

I wouldn't feel as unsafe if the person concealing was an officer and passed the psych tests to become an officer as I would a felon that was packing for the hell of it. :coffee: