ARMY SGT. DERRICK MILLER – TO BE RELEASED FROM LEAVENWORTH

Chris0nllyn

From the link:
There were only two witnessesd of the shooting and one of them had initially testified on Miller’s behalf, but changed his story when the military prosecutors threatened to charge him with being an accessory to murder. The second witness was offered permanent legal status in the United States if he would testify against Miller. So he did.
Sgt. Miller shot and killed an Afghan civilian following the civilian attempting to grab Sgt. Miller’s weapon during a period of intense questioning. The Afghan civilian was a suspected insurgent that was walking through Sgt. Miller’s “platoon defensive perimeter observing their defensive positions”.

From other sources:
But prosecuting attorneys argued that Miller took a gun from another soldier, stood over the man as he was lying down and shot him in the head. Capt. James Kitchen said Miller asked the Afghan if he wanted to die and repeatedly called him a liar.

Another soldier who witnessed the shooting testified Monday that the Afghan man didn’t appear to be a threat.
Spc. Miller said he saw Sgt. Miller straddle the Afghan man as he lay on his back.

“Sgt. Miller leaned in, stuck the pistol on the side of his head and pulled the trigger,” Spc. Miller said.

After the shooting, Spc. Miller said, the sergeant dragged the body to some latrines and handed back the pistol.

Spc. Charles Miller testified during an Article 32 hearing, which is similar to a civilian grand jury, that Sgt. Derrick Miller, 27, was a "squared away" soldier who acted "reasonably in pressure situations."
Miller said he shot the prisoner after he grabbed for the gun.

Charles Miller said he interpreted the incident differently.

He said Mohammed tried to create distance by pushing on Derrick Miller's chest.

"I never saw the man grab Sgt. Miller's weapon but he did try to create space between them by putting a hand towards his chest, however, he never created space between them," Charles Miller said. "Sgt. Miller then put the gun to the man's head and pulled the trigger. About 30 seconds went by between the time (he) tried to create space and when Sgt. Miller pulled the trigger."

Defence lawyer Charles Gittins told the jury that Miller stopped the man for questioning when he walked through a defensive perimeter that Miller's unit had set up around a mortar unit.
Gittins said Miller believed the man could be a threat to his unit and that during questioning the man tried to grab Miller's weapon.
But Charles Miller, a witness and Guardsman from Maryland, testified that he heard Sgt Miller threatening to kill the man if he did not tell the truth and then straddling the man, who was lying on his back, before shooting him in the head.

Maj Matt Calarco, a prosecuting lawyer, said during closing arguments: "Immediately following the event the accused said, 'I shot him. He was a liar.'"

Hijinx

Two stories totally different.

Strange things happen in war.

I am for giving this soldier the benefit of the doubt.

CPUSA

From the link:

From other sources:

Read the whole thing...Sgt Miller is a war hero who should've never been given a life sentence for murder. He should've been given more ammo and told, "here. do better this time, soldier."

Truesoldier

Calling this deployment chaser a hero is an insult to every true soldier who deployed into combat. He killed an unarmed man in cold blood. He is not a soldier, is a criminal. He is no longer entitled to be called by any military rank. He is a convict. Heck, he was unfaithful in his marriage. Before you people comment or jump on the bandwagon to “save Derrick Miller”, you should learn the truth about him. Executing someone in cold blood is not what soldiers do. You follow the ROE. And since everyone wants to glorify this embarrassment, you should know that the two congressmen know absolutely nothing about this convict. It’s a political stunt and nothing more. Cummings never visited this convict, or went to Fort Campbell, or spoke to the soldiers who were there when Miller murdered an unarmed man.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
that is YOUR Opinion ... some of would have given the guy more ammo and sent him on his way

Islamist follow NO ROE.

Truesoldier

The Rules of Engagement (ROE) are those directives that delineate the circumstances and limitations under which United States (US) forces will initiate and/or continue combat engagement. The importance of understanding the Law of War in the current operational environment cannot be overstressed.

I know it’s hard for you to understand. But this is what separates a soldier from a killer.

Chris0nllyn

The Rules of Engagement (ROE) are those directives that delineate the circumstances and limitations under which United States (US) forces will initiate and/or continue combat engagement. The importance of understanding the Law of War in the current operational environment cannot be overstressed.

I know it’s hard for you to understand. But this is what separates a soldier from a killer.

You have to understand the folks you're talking to. They hate Muslims so they see no problem with the actions of Miller.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Which 'war' was declared in this conflict .... which Islamist signed the Geneva Convention for War?

Hamas
Hezbollah
Al Queda
The Taliban

What ROE does the Taliban or Al Queda Follow ?

what I understand is you are easily frustrated and quickly hurl insults when Your OPINION is challenged

Truesoldier

You have to understand the folks you're talking to. They hate Muslims so they see no problem with the actions of Miller.

No I don’t. I will never justify cold blooded murder due to anyone’s beliefs. When you raise your right hand and swear into the army, you accept the responsibility of being a Soldier. That means doing the hard right over the easy wrong. Miller is a killer, not a Soldier. He is not a NCO. He couldn’t handle the responsibility of being a Soldier.

This_person

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The Rules of Engagement (ROE) are those directives that delineate the circumstances and limitations under which United States (US) forces will initiate and/or continue combat engagement. The importance of understanding the Law of War in the current operational environment cannot be

Yeah, that's the problem - these RsOE hamstring US military but the people trying to kill them have no such encumbrance. Since the US soldier is on my team, that's who I'll be rooting for.

Truesoldier

And there you go. Proof you have never deployed anywhere. If you had been a Soldier in combat you would understand ROE and the laws that govern US Soldiers in Combat. And you would have recognized the opening paragraph of the UCMJ.

black dog

Free America
[QUOTE="Truesoldier, post: 5999916, member: 812
[/QUOTE]
Glad I was a Marine, we had and still have schools to indiscriminately kill others.
Tell me does a missle, artillery or a bomb have these rules of engagement that they adhere to?