Article: The Fall of Father Corapi

Starman3000m

The Fall of Father Corapi

(article excerpt)

A discerning viewer, watching Corapi deliver his message in an over-the-top basso profundo right out of central casting, could see that he was playing a role and that behind the role was a man who still had serious problems. The whole truth about Corapi finally came out in a report by a three-man investigative panel appointed by his order, detailing continuing sexual improprieties, drug abuse, and a lavish lifestyle contrary to his vow of poverty (to which the order, it must be said, had previously failed to object). In response, Corapi issued an evasive non-denial and purported to “resign” from the priesthood rather than contest the charges against him. “That era of my life is sadly ended,” he said, speaking of his sacred priesthood as if it were a job opportunity that had reached an unfortunate dead end.

Complete info at:
THE REMNANT NEWSPAPER: The Fall of Father Corapi

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
So, what has HE said? Is he a believer who has fallen or is he a bad tree trying to bear good fruit and a salt water spring trying to flow fresh water? Just curious, nothing more... :shrug:

I thought this was priceless though:

"With good reason has the Church always counseled that the faithful not become too attached to particular priests, lest they lapse into a Protestant-style congregationalism dependent on the charism of one fallible man..." Protestant style congregationalism..."??? Can you say: pope? :otter:

libby

And we all know that accusations against Catholic priests must all be equally valid and truthful.
Have you bothered to read/hear what Fr. Corapi has to say? Do you know anything at all about his side?

How dare either of you latch on to the issues of his past and condemn him today, not knowing the full story, based on that past!
He recovered and came to full and complete trust in the Lord! If he has fallen, and I don't think that he has, why do you take such joy in it? I don't believe for one second that neither of you have, in thought, word or deed, committed any kind of sexual sin since becoming believers. How would you like it if someone who knew about it plastered it all over the internet and ruined your reputation!
If it's true, Fr. Corapi needs spiritual guidance, repentance and forgiveness (and according to your theology, that is between God and him only). If it is not, then what an awful trial he is enduring with these false accusations and the glee of people like you who would like to see him fall into the despair of Satan. You are doing the devil's work, Starman. Nothing less.

Starman3000m

And we all know that accusations against Catholic priests must all be equally valid and truthful.
Have you bothered to read/hear what Fr. Corapi has to say? Do you know anything at all about his side?

How dare either of you latch on to the issues of his past and condemn him today, not knowing the full story, based on that past!
He recovered and came to full and complete trust in the Lord! If he has fallen, and I don't think that he has, why do you take such joy in it? I don't believe for one second that neither of you have, in thought, word or deed, committed any kind of sexual sin since becoming believers. How would you like it if someone who knew about it plastered it all over the internet and ruined your reputation!
If it's true, Fr. Corapi needs spiritual guidance, repentance and forgiveness (and according to your theology, that is between God and him only). If it is not, then what an awful trial he is enduring with these false accusations and the glee of people like you who would like to see him fall into the despair of Satan. You are doing the devil's work, Starman. Nothing less.

Did you read who authored that article libby? It was a writer for a Catholic publication:

So what gives? Shouldn't you be chiding the Remnant Newspaper editors and writers who printed this article as well? They printed the article, I didn't.

Yes, I posted it because, once again, a highly regarded leader of the RCC had been allowed to continue in the alleged problems and nothing was done about it for quite sometime even while it was known by EWTN, according to the article.

Sure, we are all human and prone to failures but when a church leader (Protestant or RCC) violates their oath of responsible shepherding of their flock, then it is incumbent upon them to step down from that position. Or do you agree that it's okay for them to continue?

Last edited:

libby

Did you read who authored that article libby? It was a writer for a Catholic publication:

So what gives? Shouldn't you be chiding the Remnant Newspaper editors and writers who printed this article as well? They printed the article, I didn't.

Yes, I posted it because, once again, a highly regarded leader of the RCC had been allowed to continue in the alleged problems and nothing was done about it for quite sometime even while it was known by EWTN, according to the article.

Sure, we are all human and prone to failures but when a church leader (Protestant or RCC) violates their oath of responsible shepherding of their flock, then it is incumbent upon them to step down from that position. Or do you agree that it's okay for them to continue?

"Known"? No one knows at this point except Corapi, the woman and God. He was suspended pending the investigation, I get that, although since there was no minor involved I can't say I totally agree.
Someone is accusing EWTN of "knowing", but I that may or may not actually be the case.
Do you believe that innocent until proven guilty is the Christian approach? Do you want your own name smeared because someone with a grudge against you decides to make accusations that are not true? Do you think you should have any protections from the destruction of your reputation until facts are confirmed?
My dh holds a pretty high position in his company. If a female employee got ticked at him, she might accuse him of impropriety. Should such an accusation be made public before all the facts have come out?
You just love to smear anything/anyone that is Catholic.

Starman3000m

"Known"? No one knows at this point except Corapi, the woman and God. He was suspended pending the investigation, I get that, although since there was no minor involved I can't say I totally agree.
Someone is accusing EWTN of "knowing", but I that may or may not actually be the case.
Do you believe that innocent until proven guilty is the Christian approach? Do you want your own name smeared because someone with a grudge against you decides to make accusations that are not true? Do you think you should have any protections from the destruction of your reputation until facts are confirmed?
My dh holds a pretty high position in his company. If a female employee got ticked at him, she might accuse him of impropriety. Should such an accusation be made public before all the facts have come out?
You just love to smear anything/anyone that is Catholic.

The article was printed by a Catholic publication. Could you please contact them and tell them they are smearing one of their own?

libby

The article was printed by a Catholic publication. Could you please contact them and tell them they are smearing one of their own?

No. YOU are the one who posted it here, and it is that action that I am addressing, based on your every effort to destroy anything/anyone Catholic. What are you trying to accomplish by smearing Fr. Corapi's name? Have you read his side of the story? Do you know that the accusation are true, completely!Even if I think the Remnant did something wrong, does that absolve you of responsibility for your error? Give it up.
Trying to blame someone else. How pleased God must be that you are following in Adam's footsteps.

Are you going to answer those questions, or just keep trying to redirect away from your own sin?

Starman3000m

No. YOU are the one who posted it here, and it is that action that I am addressing, based on your every effort to destroy anything/anyone Catholic. What are you trying to accomplish by smearing Fr. Corapi's name? Have you read his side of the story? Do you know that the accusation are true, completely!Even if I think the Remnant did something wrong, does that absolve you of responsibility for your error? Give it up.
Trying to blame someone else. How pleased God must be that you are following in Adam's footsteps.

Are you going to answer those questions, or just keep trying to redirect away from your own sin?

Has Father Corapi denied the allegations of his wrongdoing and violation of his priestly oath?

BTW: Still waiting for that RCC teaching you stated about Woman being "God's greatest creation." :whistle:

libby

Has Father Corapi denied the allegations of his wrongdoing and violation of his priestly oath?

BTW: Still waiting for that RCC teaching you stated about Woman being "God's greatest creation." :whistle:

So we see, then, that you have not heard Fr. Corapi's side of the story. Why don't you look it up and find out? Because you prefer to think the worst and perpetuate the worst things you can possibly dredge up about anyone/anything Catholic.

I already told you I'm not going any further into the "God's greatest creation" thing, because I know you are going to twist it to further your slanderous ends.

You bear false witness and commit sins against your neighbor in thought, word and deed.
1 Corinthians 13 "love is not pompous, it is not inflated, is is not rude, it does not seek its own interests...it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth."
Further, "So faith, hope and love remain...but the greatest of these is love."
WHAT?? Love is greater than FAITH?? What, praytell, could that possibly mean?

Starman3000m

So we see, then, that you have not heard Fr. Corapi's side of the story. Why don't you look it up and find out? Because you prefer to think the worst and perpetuate the worst things you can possibly dredge up about anyone/anything Catholic.

I already told you I'm not going any further into the "God's greatest creation" thing, because I know you are going to twist it to further your slanderous ends.

libby, I believe it may be you that's "twisting" God's Word if you cannot show us any specific Scripture in the Holy Bible that states "Woman was God's greatest creation." Doesn't exist in the Bible - however, is that what the RCC taught you?

You bear false witness and commit sins against your neighbor in thought, word and deed....

Um...false witness? Let's see here...

Father Corapi takes vow to RCC priesthood;
Father Corapi leads RCC priesthood office and is highly regarded as a "Theological Giant" ;
Father Corapi hosted weekly program on EWTN;
Father Corapi resigns amidst reported allegations of wrongdoing;
Father Corapi has not issued denials to any of the claims;

Um... what was that you were saying about "bearing false witness"???

:whistle:

Last edited:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Well, mission accomplished for the enemy and his minions. Snarl and tussle some more. You play to the enemy like a harp in his hands. Snarl and tussle, people, and heap fuel on the fire that consumes the unwary.

Fallen people bring lies to you. They seek to undermine that which cannot be undermined. Our trust isn't given to the enemy and his people, but to the Almighty and our Tomorrow.

The enemy has infiltrated the clergy, all varieties of clergy, and one must be wary and studious and (thus) perceptive to separate the lies and stupidity from the Truth.

At least half of you know that.

Last edited:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
And we all know that accusations against Catholic priests must all be equally valid and truthful. Have you bothered to read/hear what Fr. Corapi has to say? Do you know anything at all about his side?
Uhh, blonde lady; I'm trying to find out what Corapi said, not what someone else said. I didn't find it in the article and I did not make any judgment about him. Drama much?
libby said:
He recovered and came to full and complete trust in the Lord! If he has fallen, and I don't think that he has, why do you take such joy in it? I don't believe for one second that neither of you have, in thought, word or deed, committed any kind of sexual sin since becoming believers. How would you like it if someone who knew about it plastered it all over the internet and ruined your reputation! If it's true, Fr. Corapi needs spiritual guidance, repentance and forgiveness (and according to your theology, that is between God and him only). If it is not, then what an awful trial he is enduring with these false accusations and the glee of people like you who would like to see him fall into the despair of Satan. You are doing the devil's work, Starman. Nothing less.
So he did repent and get back on track or is that just what you hope for? (Was all that previous :drama: necessary)?

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Pointing out that's she's blond is akin to me pointing out you're an alcoholic. I would think you owe her an apology for (yet again) your condescension. Just sayin'.
Uhh, brunette lady...hush! Libby has a protege now...:roflmao: Btw; can you prove I'm an alcoholic? Whatcha got on me dahlin' :evil:
:howdy:
FYI: Here is the former Father John Corapi's comments:
The Black SheepDog: Changes and Future - YouTube
He really didn't say anything definite (that I could hear) about repentance, did he? It's not that I'd normally listen to him but I was just curious. Just like Swaggart & Baker; I never much listened to them but I was curious to see what they'd say back then...

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Uhh, brunette lady...hush! Libby has a protege now...:roflmao: Btw; can you prove I'm an alcoholic? Whatcha got on me dahlin' :evil:

I do believe you once told this forum you were a recovering alcholic. No? If so, then please accept my apologies (see how that's done?) So, let me re-phrase my statement:

Pointing out that's she's blond is akin to me pointing out you're an Italian and all the Guido-greasy connotations thereof. I would think you owe her an apology for (yet again) your condescension. Just sayin'.

The fact that you couldn't apologize is duly noted.

libby

:howdy:
FYI: Here is the former Father John Corapi's comments:
The Black SheepDog: Changes and Future - YouTube

SM, you are so blinded by your pride! The bottom line is, why did you pull out slanderous material about him? Answer: because he's a Catholic priest. You didn't start this thread to take issue with any particular doctrine, you did it to bear false witness and to destroy anything/anyone that is Catholic. This has nothing to do with the doctrinal matters on which we disagree. You're a fake. You are no Christian that I would want to model myself after, and you turn people away from Christ with your behavior.

Starman3000m

SM, you are so blinded by your pride! The bottom line is, why did you pull out slanderous material about him? Answer: because he's a Catholic priest. You didn't start this thread to take issue with any particular doctrine, you did it to bear false witness and to destroy anything/anyone that is Catholic. This has nothing to do with the doctrinal matters on which we disagree. You're a fake. You are no Christian that I would want to model myself after, and you turn people away from Christ with your behavior.

How is pointing out truth "bearing false witness"? Bird Dog posted links to Evangelical Christians who have fallen in their ministries and rightly so. I had no problem with that at all. Is that bearing false witness if the situation is an actual occurence?

As far as you accusing me of taking issue to "destroy anything/anyone that is Catholic" I don't need to do that at all because they are doing a good job of it on their own. It's just that you get all bent out of shape because it reflects back on the whole integrity of the RCC. Also, libby, what if I hadn't posted the article about the former Fr. Corapi at all? Does that make the problem go away with what is wrong with the clergy regardless of which denomination they belong to?

As far as "turning people away from Christ" you have to reconsider that the "Jesus Christ" that the RCC, Muslims, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons,, etc. are not the same Jesus of The New Testament. The Great Commission of true believers in The New Testament Jesus Christ is to warn others caught up in following man's religions that preach "another gospel" and "another Jesus" just like the Holy Bible states.

onel0126

Bead mumbler

Pretty much "it" in a nutshell. He even has Protestants on here waking up to his anti-Catholic vitriol and calling him on it. He is what he is--as I stated in a previous post, he's a man on a mission 'cause mommy and daddy were dissed in one local parish. His hatred is clear and evident. Isn't it about time for another YouTube video of a the Black Mass SM?

libby

How is pointing out truth "bearing false witness"? Bird Dog posted links to Evangelical Christians who have fallen in their ministries and rightly so. I had no problem with that at all. Is that bearing false witness if the situation is an actual occurence?

As far as you accusing me of taking issue to "destroy anything/anyone that is Catholic" I don't need to do that at all because they are doing a good job of it on their own. It's just that you get all bent out of shape because it reflects back on the whole integrity of the RCC. Also, libby, what if I hadn't posted the article about the former Fr. Corapi at all? Does that make the problem go away with what is wrong with the clergy regardless of which denomination they belong to?

As far as "turning people away from Christ" you have to reconsider that the "Jesus Christ" that the RCC, Muslims, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons,, etc. are not the same Jesus of The New Testament. The Great Commission of true believers in The New Testament Jesus Christ is to warn others caught up in following man's religions that preach "another gospel" and "another Jesus" just like the Holy Bible states.

Go ahead and try to tell yourself, and try to convince others, that your slandering of Fr. Corapi is some exercise in virtue. No one believes you. This has nothing to do with doctrines with which you disagree. At best it was gossip, and at worst it is calumny. Either way you've sinned, repeatedly and willfully, with no indication in word or action of repentance.
As far as "turning people away from Christ" you have to reconsider that the "Jesus Christ" that the RCC, Muslims, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons,, etc. are not the same Jesus of The New Testament.

I'll rephrase. You are turning people away from your New Testament Jesus Christ, because no one wants to be the kind of person you are: arrogant, proud, deceitful, unkind, unmerciful, uncharitable. Shall I go on?