Article: The Fall of Father Corapi

Starman3000m

Can't seem to find where Christ says that taunting (even if you believe it to be in His name) is a good and holy behavior. Hypocrite.

Hmmm...you haven't read many of Jesus' words when His Truth was not believed - have you?

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves. (Matthew 23:15)

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness (Matthew 23:27)

Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
(Matthew 23:33)

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, (Matthew 23:29)

(Jesus) answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. (Mark 7:6-7)

Ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; but how is it that ye do not discern this time? (Luke 12:56)

As far as "taunting" we are to put matters of "supposed Scripture" to the test in order to prove whether it is from God or NOT from God. This is what reveals TRUTH from ERROR. If someone, anyone, states something that they say is from God it will be an already revealed teaching found and referenced within the pages of The Holy Bible and it should be read and understood within the context of the message. Many cults have been formed by stating things that are not found in the Holy Bible or citing Scripture out of context in order to form a misguided belief.

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. (1 John 4:1)

Now, as you are aware, libby has made a statement claiming that the RCC teaches that "God's greatest creation was a WOMAN" but has yet been unable to provide where that is found in the Holy Bible. I had hoped that you or another RCCer would come to her rescue and show us where that can be found in the Holy Bible. No takers yet? This is not "taunting" this is calling her on it, and now you, to show where that teaching is found in the Holy Bible.

If that teaching does not exist, libby (and/or now you) should have the intellectual and theological honesty and integrity to admit that such teaching is not Biblical at all.

Last edited:

libby

Now, as you are aware, libby has made a statement claiming that the RCC teaches that "God's greatest creation was a WOMAN" but has yet been unable to provide where that is found in the Holy Bible

You know darn well that it is not a matter of being "unable", but being "unwilling".

onel0126

Bead mumbler
Regardless of all the denominations

About this.....Was chatting with some folks on another religious forum. One protestant member finally closed with, well we may differ on SOME things but all agree on the five fundamentals. Two pages later, they still were arguing over how many fundamentals there were :killingme. So I ask you SM, where in the Bible does it explicitly state (like for example the 10 commandments) the five fundamental beliefs are....... You find me that. No smokescreens this time. I want the book/chapter/verse. I'm sure this isn't a man made list because that would be extra biblical, and well.......

Starman3000m

About this.....Was chatting with some folks on another religious forum. One protestant member finally closed with, well we may differ on SOME things but all agree on the five fundamentals. Two pages later, they still were arguing over how many fundamentals there were :killingme. So I ask you SM, where in the Bible does it explicitly state (like for example the 10 commandments) the five fundamental beliefs are....... You find me that. No smokescreens this time. I want the book/chapter/verse. I'm sure this isn't a man made list because that would be extra biblical, and well.......

Um...sorry to burst your bubble, onel, but to my knowledge I have never posted any "smokescreens" regarding Biblical Truths and if I have, as you are claiming, please feel free to find them and post them for all to see.

BTW: If there have been any smokescreens, they are comments such as libby has made and that she, nor you, are able to post showing us that such saying is "attributed to God" and valid Scripture that can be found in the Holy Bible.

That being said: Sure, I will be glad to post the basic fundamentals as stated exclusively in the Holy Bible and gladly accept the challenge. However this will apply to all mankind - not just the numerous variety of "religious folk" who have been indoctrinated to follow misguided denominational teachings conjured up by misguided leaders who claim that their organized religion is the only true church on earth.

At this time, I am not near my Bible study materials so I ask that you kindly be patient and permit me the time to gather the verses that you ask for in order that I may cite the applicable references within the context of the message and straight from the Holy Bible. I should have the info posted this evening - so, if you don't mind, be patient on your request. :buddies:

Starman3000m

onel0126 said:
So I ask you SM, where in the Bible does it explicitly state (like for example the 10 commandments) the five fundamental beliefs are.......

First of all,onel, let me ask who might have told you that there was a particular verse in Scripture that gave a specific “itemized rundown of five fundamental beliefs” similar to the list of the Ten Commandments??? :shrug: That’s like me asking you to find an actual itemized list in the Holy Bible for the seven (7) Sacraments of the RCC.

The truth is that no such "itemized" verse will be found in the Holy Bible. However, just like the RCC derives its seven sacraments through an agreed upon compilation, there are an agreed upon five basic essentials in Biblical Christianity for receiving Eternal Salvation and establishing a personal relationship with God through The New Testament Jesus Christ and His Word of Truth.

Obviously, an exhaustive list of Scripture could be cited to support the list for the following five (5) fundamental beliefs from which Biblical Christianity is derived from but, in brief, here goes:

1. Scripture Alone: (Yes, Sola Scriptura. The Holy Bible contains all the essential truths that we ever need to know; nothing else has ever need to be added as in extra-Biblical teachings)

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. (John 5:39)

But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. (2 Timothy 3:14-17)

We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. (2 Peter 1:19-21)

For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. (Romans 15:4)

2. Christ Alone:

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
(John 3:14-18)

He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.) (John 7:38-39)

(Jesus said) Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. (John 10:7-11)

Jesus said…, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: (John 11:25)

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: (John 15:26)

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (1 Timothy 2:5)

3. Grace Alone:

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9)

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification. For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 5:12-21)

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;: Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee. (Titus 2: 11-15)

4. Faith Alone:

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: (Romans 5:1)

The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. (Romans 10:8-10)

But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. (Galatians 3:22-26)

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:(Ephesians 2:8)

Hebrews, Chapter 11 ( aka The Faith Chapter)
1: Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
2: For by it the elders obtained a good report.
3: Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
4: By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
5: By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
6: But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
7: By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
8: By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
9: By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
10: For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God. (Read more from the Bible if you wish)

5. The Glory of God, Alone:

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. (Psalm 19:1)

Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of thy name: and deliver us, and purge away our sins, for thy name's sake. (Psalm 79:9)

The glory of the LORD shall endure for ever: the LORD shall rejoice in his works. (Psalm 104:31)

Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. (Isaiah 60:1)

Last edited:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Now, as you are aware, libby has made a statement claiming that the RCC teaches that "God's greatest creation was a WOMAN" but has yet been unable to provide where that is found in the Holy Bible.
I don't have any biblical basis for it but I think women are the greatest of God's creation. There's no one else that I rather hug, kiss, love and make love with...If I could only find their "off" switch, though :really: :lmao: