Auntie Em!!! Auntie Em!!!

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
IMG_0724.jpeg

stgislander

PREMO Member
I sure hope the 58% chance 'scattered thunderstorms' predicted for Wed - Sat amount to something. We need the rain bad, especially up here in WMd.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I sure hope the 58% chance 'scattered thunderstorms' predicted for Wed - Sat amount to something. We need the rain bad, especially up here in WMd.
We were supposed to have chances of rain between today and Wen, but the forecast changed. Reliability of the 2-5 day forecasts has really sucked lately.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
We were supposed to have chances of rain between today and Wen, but the forecast changed. Reliability of the 2-5 day forecasts has really sucked lately.
Any rain has been pushed out to Friday/Sat. We really need some rain, and one of those nice dry cool fronts to move thru.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Any rain has been pushed out to Friday/Sat. We really need some rain, and one of those nice dry cool fronts to move thru.

I saw a post in r/Baltimore this morning some Millennial was whining about the hot weather the past few days

and the last bit of his post;

The world keeps burning fossil fuels and inventing new ways to consume power to produce "value" and I feel like we're just walling ourselves into an oven.

WT Actual F ....

Dude it's called summer ... July and Aug are USUALLY in the mid to high 90's and 50% or higher humidity

Although Weatherspark is telling me High 80's is the July Avg with peaks to 95 - 98 ...

My weather station has hit 102 for a high this week 100, 102, 101 .. 94 yesterday

I remember the early 90's working outside all the time, the temps were always in the 90's
[lol during Al Gores :cds: the world is ending ]

1720626968062.png

1720626991384.png

1720627013647.png

1720627038119.png

Reactions: TPD

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I remember the early 90's working outside all the time, the temps were always in the 90's
I moved here in '94 over the July 4th holiday. The weather was consistently hotter then than now. I was supposed to cut the grass for the old owner before he left, but there was nothing to cut. It was the driest, brownest, crunchiest grass I had ever seen, far worse than this year.

That's 30 years ago, and nothing is different today.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
The last few summers, that climate alarmists keep screaming was the hottest ever, were rather mild.

We've got a normal one now.

Go figure.

Wait until they have one like, can't remember exact year in the 80s, where we get a long string of 90s-100s and little rain.

They'll be posting about the apocolypse in the religion section. :lmao:

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
The last few summers, that climate alarmists keep screaming was the hottest ever, were rather mild.

We've got a normal one now.

Go figure.

Wait until they have one like, can't remember exact year in the 80s, where we get a long string of 90s-100s and little rain.

They'll be posting about the apocolypse in the religion section. :lmao:
About how it's Trump's fault and he is the anti-christ?

Reactions: BOP

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

and the news weather persons have slowly moved the temperature chart colors to RED the past 5 or so years ..... RED used to be for temps OVER 100 now RED is used if the temps are in the high 80's

The BBC was called out for the color shift, the excuse made as ' accessibility ' for color blind users

I'm gonna call :bs:

Human Nature being what it is, people WILL ASSUME RED means the weather is HOTTER and More Unhealthy

Stuff like this does not help either

The Stunning Statistical Fraud Behind The Global Warming Scare

What do we mean by fraudulent? How about this: NOAA has made repeated "adjustments" to its data, for the presumed scientific reason of making the data sets more accurate.

Nothing wrong with that. Except, all their changes point to one thing — lowering previously measured temperatures to show cooler weather in the past, and raising more recent temperatures to show warming in the recent present.

This creates a data illusion of ever-rising temperatures to match the increase in CO2 in the Earth's atmosphere since the mid-1800s, which global warming advocates say is a cause-and-effect relationship. The more CO2, the more warming.

But the actual measured temperature record shows something different: There have been hot years and hot decades since the turn of the last century, and colder years and colder decades. But the overall measured temperature shows no clear trend over the last century, at least not one that suggests runaway warming.

That is, until the NOAA's statisticians "adjust" the data. Using complex statistical models, they change the data to reflect not reality, but their underlying theories of global warming. That's clear from a simple fact of statistics: Data generate random errors, which cancel out over time. So by averaging data, the errors mostly disappear.

That's not what NOAA does.

According to the NOAA, the errors aren't random. They're systematic. As we noted, all of their temperature adjustments lean cooler in the distant past, and warmer in the more recent past. But they're very fuzzy about why this should be.

Far from legitimately "adjusting" anything, it appears they are cooking the data to show a politically correct trend toward global warming. Not by coincidence, that has been part and parcel of the government's underlying policies for the better part of two decades.

What NOAA does aren't niggling little changes, either.