Auntie Em!!! Auntie Em!!!

TPD

the poor dad
I believe it’s the coolest outside right now that it has been in a week or more.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Yup. You know it's going to be an uncomfortable day when its near 80 at 6am, like it has been all week.
Several days it was in the 80s when I took the dog out at 3 AM.

We’ve had several summers of milder temperatures in recent years. We were bound to get a hot one sooner or later.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

humidity.jpg

Fun fact. We live and breath in a water environment. We breath in water, water vapor, everyday. The more humid, the more water we breath in. We're kinda like fish.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron

TPD

the poor dad
Really sweet story from the DelMarVa Farmer magazine.

My daughter remembers the days as a kid that I would take her out on the front porch to watch and feel the thunderstorm roll thru - nothing more exciting on a dry summer evening to experience the wrath of mother nature as the wind shifts directions, the air gets cooler, the birds start moving, the thunder in the distance, and then the 1st crack of lightning that scares the bejeezus out of you, followed by the sweet smell of the rain, knowing that your crops will live another day or 2, and just maybe you will be able to make that next tractor payment at the end of the year. I love a good summer evening thunderstorm!

This picture was from my front porch on July 4th as it was raining:

Front Porch.jpg

And these 2 pics were taken at the farm on June 26th as a thunderstorm was approaching after 20 days without rain:

Storm Clouds.jpg

Storm Clouds over Barn.jpg

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
My daughter remembers the days as a kid that I would take her out on the front porch to watch and feel the thunderstorm roll thru - nothing more exciting on a dry summer evening to experience the wrath of mother nature as the wind shifts directions, the air gets cooler, the birds start moving, the thunder in the distance, and then the 1st crack of lightning that scares the bejeezus out of you, followed by the sweet smell of the rain, knowing that your crops will live another day or 2, and just maybe you will be able to make that next tractor payment at the end of the year. I love a good summer evening thunderstorm!
Reminds me of when we used to visit family in upstate NY. Lightning and thunderstorms in the Catskills can be pretty impressive. And then you'd get the stories of elves or gnomes bowling from the older folks... :lol: And if it was near Halloween, the Sleepy Hollow tales.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Well, the "cooling" was short lived. Currently 94/120*, and an excessive heat watch issued for Monday.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
They’re calling for 104 in DC on Tuesday.

Should be fun walking the streets mid afternoon.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Holy carp. A/C was running more than usual, so checked the condenser outside. Backside coils were dirty, so took the top off, cleaned it, put it back together.

The heat totally wiped me out. I'm absolutely soaked and exhausted for a simple task. I do not envy anyone that has to work outside.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Holy carp. A/C was running more than usual, so checked the condenser outside. Backside coils were dirty, so took the top off, cleaned it, put it back together.

The heat totally wiped me out. I'm absolutely soaked and exhausted for a simple task. I do not envy anyone that has to work outside.
I’m remembering back into the early 90s, before I change careers, being 45 feet in the air in a bucket truck, rubber, gloves, and sleeves, long sleeve shirt, and nowhere to hide from the sun.

so glad I changed jobs. At least in the summertime.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I’m remembering back into the early 90s, before I change careers, being 45 feet in the air in a bucket truck, rubber, gloves, and sleeves, long sleeve shirt, and nowhere to hide from the sun.

so glad I changed jobs. At least in the summertime.
I used to work on the docks in the sun all summer in rubber coveralls and boots. But being a 20 y/o, it was tolerable. I've gotten very a/c spoiled.