Auntie Em!!! Auntie Em!!!

TPD

the poor dad
SHA started a resurfacing project on Rt 5 in Ridge today. As I came thru at 4pm, I was observing the flaggers, thinking what a horrible day to be standing out on the road holding a flag. They were all covered from head to toe, including extra wide-brimmed straw hats, making the heat worse I imagine. 2 out of the 6 gal/gus flaggers did have a shady place to stand. At least for the moment. But I guess it's all in what you are used to. We spent many July/August days in the tobacco field - hoeing, topping, cutting - and very seldom did the heat bother us. No way I could do it today.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I was in the back bathroom trimming my goatee and lightning must've struck the gum tree overhanging the house, then jumped to the roof. I heard a ringing pop? Incandescent bulb in the dining room shattered and little shards of glass everywhere. I thought one circuit was dead, as several lights were out, throughout the house. Come to find out just some of the bulbs succumbed to the strike. I'll be shopping for fixtures tomorrow. Kitchen light is fried. Dining room light is junk. No cable internet for the moment.

Fiancé showed up to save the day and drug the vacuum cleaner out to take care of the little shards of glass everywhere. :)

stgislander

PREMO Member
I was in the back bathroom trimming my goatee and lightning must've struck the gum tree overhanging the house, then jumped to the roof. I heard a ringing pop? Incandescent bulb in the dining room shattered and little shards of glass everywhere. I thought one circuit was dead, as several lights were out, throughout the house. Come to find out just some of the bulbs succumbed to the strike. I'll be shopping for fixtures tomorrow. Kitchen light is fried. Dining room light is junk. No cable internet for the moment.

Fiancé showed up to save the day and drug the vacuum cleaner out to take care of the little shards of glass everywhere. :)
Ahhh... nothing better than the sight of a woman doing household chores.

<ducksandruns>

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces

Growing up, our house got hit by lightning. Hit the dog lead that was in the backyard and attached to a metal railing. Traveled from the railing and blew a hole in our dining room wall. Scared the crap out of all of us. Didn't notice the hole at first and looked and thought the carport was on fire because of all the smoke.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Ahhh... nothing better than the sight of a woman doing household chores.

<ducksandruns>
She only did that because she doesn't like shoes and walks around the house barefoot.

J/K - She's a keeper! She also knows I would get around to it in a couple weeks or so. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: BOP

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Rain so hard it overflowEd the gutters.

Ruby had to wait and wait and wait.

Poor girl was ready to burst when she was finally able to go outside.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Rain so hard it overflowEd the gutters.

Ruby had to wait and wait and wait.

Poor girl was ready to burst when she was finally able to go outside.
Cat was furious to go out, even though she could see it was raining. I had a cigarette and she came back in with me. Dur.

TPD

the poor dad
Sure didn’t expect a thunderstorm this morning! Where did that come from?! I’ve had about .4” of rain from it so far.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Just came in…

CodeRED Weather Warning: The NWS has issued a Severe Thunderstorm Warning for your ROAD location from 7:19 PM July 31 until 8:00 PM July 31.