Bad economy

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
I also want to know now that the housing market is imploding when is the tax accessor going to bring his slimy ass back out to my house and re access it. He didn't waste anytime when the housing market was booming. I'm sick and tired of paying $2200 a year to live on a postage stamp. Who do I talk to or vote out to get this resolved.

Like that will ever happen.:rolleyes: They like things just the way they are.

R

RadioPatrol

It's not just the independent truckers feeling it... it's industry wide. And it involves all aspects of the construction industry. On Saturday, I took my fuel can to the local station to get diesel for my skid loader so we could do some yard work around the house. $25 got me less than 5 gallons. Now multiply that cost for fuel requirments for larger machines such as dozers, excavators, loaders, etc.

I filled the 5 gal can to mow the grass yesterday ... $21.50

:nomoney:

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
Blame career politicians for the economy. They are more worried about themselves than the people they represent or the country. Government political service should have never been a lifetime career opportunity and I don't think it was originally meant to be.

They'll make their millions and keep their little special interest groups happy for as long as they can. It's the American way!:lmao:

R

RadioPatrol

:yeahthat: We're eating out less often and I'm trying to combine errands because any place I need to go (other than the supermarket) is a 30 minute drive from our house in the sticks of Calvert. I'll either go to California or Waldorf to go to Target, BJ's and Lowes on the same day. Just takes a little better planning on my part.

The other thing is.....we're thinking of trading in my Jeep for something better on gas but that's still up in the air. :bawl: Jeeps were never known for good gas mileage but when we bought it in 2006 it wasn't a big issue. Filling up for $70, 2-3 times a week, now that IS an issue.

:yikes:

how much running do you do? My friends drives his 96 XJ w/32's, from Accokeek to Silver Spring everyday, and I think he only gets 15? and fills up once a week ....

:whistle:

R

RadioPatrol

Now, that's the word that'll set me off. :burning:

Friggin' bastards know there's a demand and they refuse to increase production.

Andy wtf are you going to do with the Crude if they did ....

sell it to china, we don't have anymore capacity to refine any more gas ... the plants are running 99% now ....

we need to be drinking from fire hose and it is coming out of a water fountain .... we consume 400 billion gal of gas a year ...

Howstuffworks "How much gasoline does the United States consume in one year?"

There are a couple of different ways to discover the answer to this question, but here is one way to estimate it. If you look at a page like this one, it shows that the United States consumes about 20 million barrels of oil each day. If you look at the statistics on a page like this one, you find that a barrel of oil (which contains 42 gallons or 159 liters) will yield something like 19 or 20 gallons (75 liters) of gasoline, depending on the refinery. Therefore, in the United States, something like 400 million gallons (1.51 billion liters) of gasoline gets consumed every day. That truly is an amazing amount of liquid, but when you consider that there are about 100 million households in the United States, it is only 4 gallons per household per day. Each family doesn't consume that much, but a huge number of families are doing it.

I am sure not the best source, but the 1st one I could Find.

R

RadioPatrol

:lol:

DVD's are $20 nowadays at Wal-Mart. Friggin' $25-$30 at Blockbuster. At this point, going to the movie theater is cheaper than buying a DVD. But, I normally just wait for the movie to Showtime anyways.

you and your girl $ 20 bucks admission

popcorn and sodas ... another 20

now if you had dinner before .... 30 - 60 depending if you had drinks or not ...

:faint:

R

RadioPatrol

You must not have seen my other tractor.. I use about 5 gallons of diesel a week in it.

And saying 'you can't' use home heating oil in a car wasn't a good way of wording it. It's against the law to use it in car or a truck, and heating oil/ off road diesel is dyed so that if you are caught with it in your tank you can be fined HEAVILY.

So if I had a diesel car, and I bought 300 gallons for my tractor, unless someone has a reason to look, would they ever know?

Bio Diesel ....

R

RadioPatrol

Not us. We shop smart, buy stuff on sale, and don't buy name brand items. :yay:

do you remember generic food in the 80's .... plain white label, black lettering ....

Attachments

• generic-beer.jpg
    generic-beer.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 58
R

RadioPatrol

I think part of it has to do with how many luxuries are considered necessities today.

... but

... but

... but

I need my computer :ykies: .... I don't watch the ID10T Box .... so so I need my PC .... :otter:

somdrenter

Sorry, I'm not Patch...
Fun with numbers.

Corporate America likes to play that game, the better to boost stock prices. Folks might be surprised to learn that "Governmental" America also plays the game in its compilation of macroeconomic data. Beneath the surface are undesirable, sobering consequences for us all.

Last weekend, the always-terrific Kate Welling published an interview with an economist named John Williams. It will be available on the free portion of her "pay" site via this link starting March 11. This article is the first one that I have seen in which all the flaws in the government data, pertaining to the Consumer Price Index, unemployment, Gross Domestic Product, etc., are disclosed in one piece by someone who's been following the data for a long time.

I have been aware of nearly all the statistical tricks used by the government since they were implemented. Nonetheless, seeing them collectively described in one article is incredibly sobering. Having said that, there is a bit more "black helicopter" insinuation and fewer data points than I would like to see in an article such as this. However, the main points are the math that most folks need to know, but likely do not.

Once you read it, think about it and understand it, you will see why so many thoughtful people -- like Jim Grant, Warren Buffett, Marc Faber, Bill Gross, Fred Hickey and Paul Volcker -- have grave concerns about the future of the dollar (due to the macro imbalances that exist today).
The numbers behind the lies - MSN Money

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Because of high gas prices there are less kid speeders on the roads leaving me to race up/down 235 all by myself!!! :whistle: