Bad Motorcycle Crash

glhs837

Power with Control
Insurance company stats say that majority of fatal crashes are by middle age cruiser riders, not younger crotch rocket riders. Why? My guess, alcohol,and the brittle body of older riders. When you leave Apehangers half lit, that ain't good.

Got a link for that? And just for the record, I am middle aged, but I dont ride a cruiser, and never drink and ride, not even one beer. Oh, and I have been riding since 1983. I suspect most of your middle aged accident guys are the one who either rode 30 years ago, and neve since, or those who never did ride young, and watched Wild Hogs once too many times.

bohman

Point taken but, even rapids have some predictability! Water volume may change but, at least the rocks ain't randomly moving!

I've been visualizing being on a bike as I drive the Tundra of late and, man, it's worse than I ever feared. EVERYONE is on the ####ing phone. Woman next me on the highway yesterday, going by me in the hammer lane, I'm doing 70, she just runs off the ####ing road, ROAR on the rumble strips, rolls back over towards me, never puts the phone down, never looks my direction.

:jameo:

Lately, I've been making a point of glancing at the other "drivers" around me just to see how many of them are actually driving. And I really need to stop doing that, because if I continue I'll be too scared to drive. And forget about ever riding.

Yes, most of them have a damn phone glued to their head, but the other really obnoxious thing is eating. Sometimes those people are even worse than the talkers. At least the talkers are somewhat predictable - so focused on the conversation that they tend to gradually wander around their lane at a constant speed. The people stuffing their face are just all over the road. Fast, slow, sudden lane change, swerve when the top scoop of ice cream falls in their lap :jameo:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Lately, I've been making a point of glancing at the other "drivers" around me just to see how many of them are actually driving. And I really need to stop doing that, because if I continue I'll be too scared to drive. And forget about ever riding.

Yes, most of them have a damn phone glued to their head, but the other really obnoxious thing is eating. Sometimes those people are even worse than the talkers. At least the talkers are somewhat predictable - so focused on the conversation that they tend to gradually wander around their lane at a constant speed. The people stuffing their face are just all over the road. Fast, slow, sudden lane change, swerve when the top scoop of ice cream falls in their lap :jameo:

That's why I like the Hayabusa; no need for a shift, just twist and you are magically teleported out of harms way. :buddies: