Bad Motorcycle Crash

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yep, its akin to riding rapids in a boat. Because whats happening 1/2 mile up the road is going affect you eventually. If you stay focused on the piece of water your going through right now, then your not positioning yourself to properly negotiate the next dangerous bit. Too much attention paid to that stuff up there, you get run over here.

Point taken but, even rapids have some predictability! Water volume may change but, at least the rocks ain't randomly moving!

I've been visualizing being on a bike as I drive the Tundra of late and, man, it's worse than I ever feared. EVERYONE is on the ####ing phone. Woman next me on the highway yesterday, going by me in the hammer lane, I'm doing 70, she just runs off the ####ing road, ROAR on the rumble strips, rolls back over towards me, never puts the phone down, never looks my direction.

:jameo:

Point taken but, even rapids have some predictability! Water volume may change but, at least the rocks ain't randomly moving!

I've been visualizing being on a bike as I drive the Tundra of late and, man, it's worse than I ever feared. EVERYONE is on the ####ing phone. Woman next me on the highway yesterday, going by me in the hammer lane, I'm doing 70, she just runs off the ####ing road, ROAR on the rumble strips, rolls back over towards me, never puts the phone down, never looks my direction.

Back and side roads until you are completly comfortable doing all the necessary maneuvers. Practice what you learned in class and think about an advanced class. Bless Baby Jesus daily.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Back and side roads until you are completly comfortable doing all the necessary maneuvers. Practice what you learned in class and think about an advanced class. Bless Baby Jesus daily.

Yup. My buddies Hyabusa is sitting on the car port as we speak and I just took the liner out of my brand new Cortech, helmet at the ready, time to put on some shorts and ride!

dustin

UAIOE

when i talk to new street riders they say generally the same thing... "i never realized how many things are out there to get you until i started riding"

sometimes i think noone should be allowed to get a driver's license until they've ridden a moped/scooter for about 6 months... :lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
sometimes i think noone should be allowed to get a driver's license until they've ridden a moped/scooter for about 6 months... :lol:

YES!!! Must pass rider class, must earn bike license, must ride bike for six months!!!

yes!!!

Now, mAlice will be along shortly to kick our dicks in the dirt. :lol:

when i talk to new street riders they say generally the same thing... "i never realized how many things are out there to get you until i started riding"

Yep and throw in a refresher every 5 years.

glhs837

Power with Control

Okay, Captain Pickypants:buddies:

Make NO mistake, they are all out to kill you, every single one of them. Some are just better at it than others. The upside is that on the bike, you have some advantages that really don't become apparent to you til your out there. You sit higher, generally speaking, you have much greater visibility due to that and having no cage around you. You can zig and zag much easier, and need much less room to effect an escape.

Of course, taking proper precautions will minimize the number of times you need to escape.

bcp

In My Opinion
I have noticed that the majority of riders that have the obnoxious pipes on their bikes also ride like azholes.
hint, if you come flying by someone doing 100mph, by the time they hear the pipes, you are right next to them, if they jerk the wheel because of the sudden noise, you could get hit. Of course, its only because they tried to change lanes without looking right?

There is one guy that likes to ride the beltway on his ass rocket doing at least 80 with his front wheel in the air, have watched him a few times.
When the day comes that he hits someone in a car, you can bet Im going to be there to make sure there is NO question who the ass was in this instance.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
:shrug: I'm ususally in regular jeans. $100+ a pair seems pretty pricey. I can get 3 pairs of Levis for that.

.. but I do have a pair of First Gear HT overpants
Thats all we wear is reg jeans now but always have it the back of my mind what if we went down, we would be screwed. So if they worked as good as they say and were comfy I'd pay $100.00 to save my skin..

dustin

UAIOE
if i was just puttering around or commuting to work i would normally wear jeans but if I was purposefully going riding to "hit the backroads" then i'd wear my leather pants... the kind that zip into the jacket...

garyt27

INAFJ
death stats

Insurance company stats say that majority of fatal crashes are by middle age cruiser riders, not younger crotch rocket riders. Why? My guess, alcohol,and the brittle body of older riders. When you leave Apehangers half lit, that ain't good.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Insurance company stats say that majority of fatal crashes are by middle age cruiser riders, not younger crotch rocket riders. Why? My guess, alcohol,and the brittle body of older riders. When you leave Apehangers half lit, that ain't good.

50% of all motorcycle fatalities are alcohol related.