bad toilet clog

nobody really

I need a nap
i put some clumpable kitty litter down my toilet cuz i was too lazy to put the crap in the trashbag. so now my toilet is plugged up, the water will not drain. I tried a plunger, a drain opener. I'm gong to try sulphuric acid drain opener, but reading the reviews its scary. I don't want to call a plumber yet. my house is about 20 years old, and the suphuric acid is supposed to be safe for this (i read the lowes reviews on line).

or....anybody know plumbers that do side jobs? last one cost me $190 dollars for 20 minutes work.

Many kitty litters are made from clay. If you have a clay block, you are probably going to have to run a snake down the pipes.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You can rent a rotorooter thing at...well, you used to be able to get that stuff at McKay's on Great Mills Rd, but now I'm not sure where you'd get it from. But it can be gotten, and it's not expensive.

nobody really

I need a nap
i did. i tried vinegar and baking soda. even bought a new plunger. that's why i'm thinking pouring sulphuric might be my last alternative.

GopherM

Darwin was right
You need to use the toilet auger. It is made so that it won't scratch the finish on the toilet. Chemicals won't do anything to the material that has expanded to block the drain (most likely where it has settled in the turn of the drain trap). If you scroll down through the YouTube videos from Auntie Biache link you will see a demo of the auger.

Bonehead

Yeah it is going to have to be mechanically removed, no chemical that you can buy will react with kitty litter.

GopherM

Darwin was right
Also, if the block is too solid and you use too much pressure with a plunger you can break the wax seal that seals the toilet to the plumbing drain. Then water will start leaking out from under the toilet...and not clean water. Buy or rent a toilet auger and use it like this lady demonstrates.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Sure hope that you aren't on private septic. If your goal is to clog up your septic drain field, that's a way to do it. Could be a might expensive lesson on what not to put down your toilet.

Chris0nllyn

If I may ...

Sure hope that you aren't on private septic. If your goal is to clog up your septic drain field, that's a way to do it. Could be a might expensive lesson on what not to put down your toilet.

It wouldn't clog the drain field. It's heavy enough that it would sink to the bottom of the tank and eventually get pumped out. Not to mention the distribution box.