Baking soda instead of shampoo...

I used to put baking soda in a bottle, add the vinegar and cork it. Shake well and wait for the bang.

That reminds me of the time when I was a kid that we paid this other kid a buck if he'd eat some baking soda and then take a swig of vinegar. I think we nearly killed him! There was foam shooting out his nose and mouth. :killingme We were laughing so hard we couldn't even run away when he finally started slugging us.

That reminds me of the time when I was a kid that we paid this other kid a buck if he'd eat some baking soda and then take a swig of vinegar. I think we nearly killed him! There was foam shooting out his nose and mouth. :killingme We were laughing so hard we couldn't even run away when he finally started slugging us.

:killingme Oh, that is too much..... ! What a picture that draws...

W

Wenchy

:killingme Oh, that is too much..... ! What a picture that draws...

What's up with you men hanging around in The Ladies Room? :eyebrow:

Anyway, on the topic of baking soda and vinegar. I've found it to be great to unplug slow moving/clogged up drains.

Pour in the baking soda, top off with vinegar and let sit for 15 minutes or so. Flush thoroughly with hot water. Repeat if necessary.

DR? I'm curious. Do you wash your noggin with shampoo, soap, or baking soda/vinegar?

What's up with you men hanging around in The Ladies Room? :eyebrow:

Anyway, on the topic of baking soda and vinegar. I've found it to be great to unplug slow moving/clogged up drains.

Pour in the baking soda, top off with vinegar and let sit for 15 minutes or so. Flush thoroughly with hot water. Repeat if necessary.

DR? I'm curious. Do you wash your noggin with shampoo, soap, or baking soda/vinegar?

Like you wouldn't be hanging around the men's room if there were one.:killingme

Geek

Back in the 80's heavy hairspray hair days I used to add a little bit of baking soda to my shampoo to get rid of the hairspray build up:yay:

:hot:

:killingme

T

toppick08

Really?! But you would think that because it has alcohol in it, it would dry your hair up!:buddies:

I rember my Mom said she used to use it to wash her hair back in the 60's and 70's.........:shrug:

Cowgirl

I was skeptical, but had the ingredients, so what the heck.

It works. :yay:

My hair is usually hard to comb out (I use conditioner each time I shampoo) It wasn't difficult to comb out at all with this.

Thanks Cowgirl! :howdy:

:howdy: I did it too. I did the baking soda and a vinegar rinse. My hair is really soft now, but it's still pretty wet. I can't wait to see what it looks like tomorrow! :clap:

Cowgirl

I didn't really do the baking soda thing for long, but I have started using the vinegar rinse again. I mixed vinegar and water 50/50 and added a couple of drops of essential oil. I tried that but nixed the essential oil because I felt it was a little too much oil (I might have just added too much). The plain vinegar and water mix is leaving my hair so soft and shiny. I love it!