Baltimore Grand Prix

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
I was trying to figure out who to give the second ticket to, My daughter decided that it would be her. :killingme

It should be a good race, and I hope it's successful because the taxpayers in Baltimore really got screwed in that deal. Taxpayer funding should never go in to building racetracks.

DipStick

I was trying to figure out who to give the second ticket to, My daughter decided that it would be her. :killingme

Baltimore needs more police, better roads, better schools, and an overall better quality of life, not a race from a racing series that will collapse in the next few years.

bcp

In My Opinion
Baltimore needs more police, better roads, better schools, and an overall better quality of life, not a race from a racing series that will collapse in the next few years.

you think it will last a few years?
Im thinking that after the cars are stolen, and the driver shot in drive bys, it might be the last year for it now.:killingme

DipStick

you think it will last a few years?
Im thinking that after the cars are stolen, and the driver shot in drive bys, it might be the last year for it now.:killingme

Well, I just got reassigned back to Baltimore :lol:

It's hard to tell before or after an inaugural event. Inaugural events always do well, it's the second or third year that really tells the tale.

I think Baltimore should try to lure NASCAR in to racing there. I talked to some guys tonight and there's support for it -- especially with Dover International Speedway destined to close.

DipStick

The other thing to watch is traffic, if this turns in to another Kentucky, fans won't come back. Granted, I don't think it will because there is adequate public transit, adequate interstate and etc.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Just won two tickets to it..

Dont see any choice but to go.

Why? Why wade into a sea of 150,000 people to watch a split second of a car go around the corner? I was sitting at Tir'na'nog a month ago looking at the freaking bleachers they are putting up thinking no one could give me tickets, or pay me, to be downtown for this. The ONE charm of charm city, as far as downtown goes, is the waterfront. I don't see that being enhanced by the parking problems and moving in the crowd, that many people, that close together for glimpses of fast cars. Kinda like watching a Skins game from the hot dog stand, I think.

Different strokes, I suppose. Enjoy!

bcp

In My Opinion
Why? Why wade into a sea of 150,000 people to watch a split second of a car go around the corner? I was sitting at Tir'na'nog a month ago looking at the freaking bleachers they are putting up thinking no one could give me tickets, or pay me, to be downtown for this. The ONE charm of charm city, as far as downtown goes, is the waterfront. I don't see that being enhanced by the parking problems and moving in the crowd, that many people, that close together for glimpses of fast cars. Kinda like watching a Skins game from the hot dog stand, I think.

Different strokes, I suppose. Enjoy!

With the storm damage at the yard, I doubt I will be attending this event anyway, too much to do here for me to justify going off and playing for a day.

Priorities suck.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
With the storm damage at the yard, I doubt I will be attending this event anyway, too much to do here for me to justify going off and playing for a day.

Priorities suck.

Huh. All of a sudden, seating in a crappy bleacher with fat drunks watching flashes of cars whizzing past and paying $50 for a beer doesn't sound all that bad...

homedepot20

This is a great street course on TV. Very impressed!

:yay: That ! From what I saw on VS , Baltimore finally has :dingding: again ! It was nice to see sights of Baltimore I haven't seen in 6 years thanks to the coverage of VS . It would have been nice to have Oriol win for the many Oriole's fans :yahoo: