Banning Smoking????

Should all smoking be banned in public indoor places?

• Yes

Votes: 62 50.4%
  • No

Votes: 48 39.0%
  • It doesn't bother me

Votes: 13 10.6%

• Total voters

SxyPrincess

I was forced to smoke. All my friends smoked, and they told me they'd beat me up if I didn't start because they were afraid I'd tell their parents. :bubble:

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
I started smoking at 14 to help me kick my drinking problem.

It had gotten out of hand. I was up to two six packs of Hires a day. Smoking helped me get a handle on it.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by johndoug
That brings up a good point for ALL the supporters of smoking.
Do you WANT your children or grandchildren to smoke?
And I mean smoke like most others did, When they are 15 16 etc.
Hell no, I doubt if you will find anyone that "WANTS" their children or grandchildren to smoke. But once they turn 18 (when it becomes a legal activity) they should be able to make the choice themselves.

If a private business bans the activity from their property so be it, that is their right. I just won't go there.

I didn't start smoking until at basic training, I wanted that extra break away from the BS and it has stuck with me ever since. It had nothing to do with home life or being around smokers at a young age.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Most of the people I know started smoking around 12, 13, 14 or so. That's the age when kids think they are adults.

L

Lexington Punk

My father used to smoke his pipe during long road trips with the windows in our car completely shut. I never smoked. I think that smoking parents can either encourage or discoruage, depending on the individual and the kind of impact it had on that person as a child.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by jeneisen
Well JohnDoug makes an interesting point and I am just curious if anyone thinks that they started smoking b/c of being around others who smoke, or if they think kids start smoking b/c of it. I personally don't think thats true in all cases b/c I am the only one in my house now and growing up that does not smoke and I never have. I always thought it was gross and never wanted to, but Andy said he started b/c he was around it. Has has quit now, but I do wonder what that driving influential force is to start smoking.

Nope, none of my immediate family smoked. I started smoking for one reason and one reason only. Because I wasn't supposed to. :rolleyes: I swear if you dropped the legal smoking age to two years old, the vast majority of kids would lose interest. :cool:

SxyPrincess

Originally posted by kwillia
That's funny... that's the same story you used for how you learned to ######## and ####### and why you ##### when you ####. :rolleyes:

Which reminds me of the time I went ######## over ###### and we ##### and it was crazy. :bubble:

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
Originally posted by Kyle
I started smoking at 14 to help me kick my drinking problem.

It had gotten out of hand. I was up to two six packs of Hires a day. Smoking helped me get a handle on it.

Hey Kyle, were you a childhood friend of RodRugg? :biggrin:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Cut to Vraiblonde at her computer, rolling her eyes.

Cut to Sharon screaming in frustration.

Cut to DoWhat pulling at his nonexistent hair.

Cut to Jazz Lady, typing frantically:

Jazz Lady said:
Vrai, for Pete's sake (and I mean our Pete), please do something about Tonio's awful sense of humor! Ban him now!

Cut to Vrai at the Forum admin screen. A evil leer crosses her face.

Vraiblonde said:
No, I think Tonio requires much stronger measures.

Vrai clicks a link on the admin screen labeled "Trunk Monkey."

Cut to Tonio's car sitting in his driveway. Trunk Monkey emerges and goes into Tonio's house. He grabs the mouse on Tonio's computer and eats it.

Tonio said:

Next, Trunk Money rips the monitor off its cables and puts his fist through it. Sparks fly everywhere.

Tonio said:
Knock it off, you goddamn dirty ape!

Trunk Monkey rips apart the computer with his bare hands until the unit is a pile of bits and rubble. A tiny wireless video camera is visible on Trunk Monkey's head.

Cut to shots of Vrai, Jazz, DoWhat, Pete, Ken, Larry, Migtig, Otter, MMDad, Wenchy, 2nd, and others watching the streaming video coming from Trunk Monkey's camera. The screens show Tonio with a look of helpless anger.

Cut to Tonio's house. Trunk Monkey picks up his tire iron, makes a big smile with that classic wiggle of the head that monkeys like to do, and whacks Tonio in the crotch with the tire iron. Tonio's face contorts in pain and he falls out of his chair.

Cut to computer screens showing the Forum thread. Posts accumulate rapidly with :killingme:lmao::yahoo::drool::yay::thewave::roflmao::getdown::yeahthat::loser:

Cut to Suburban logo. Voiceover: "The Trunk Monkey Southern Maryland Forums Edition. An innovative idea you'll only find at Suburban Auto Group."

E

(((echo)))

Ok, I was in a restaurant yesterday and I was in the non smoking section and I could still smell the smoke. It drove me crazy. QUOTE]

ok...this isn't directed at you unless you have one but here is my counter offer.
I will no longer enjoy my habbit in ANY public establishment reguardless of smoking sections or now....

HOWEVER I don't want to hear a "obnoxious" child in ANY of the following locations.....
restaurants
movie thratres
supermarkets
shopping malls
sporting events
airplanes
the beach
on my TV

....better yet, keep the whinning brat at the home so they don't disturb the peace

(i feel red juju on the way) :lol:

Hules

Curly locks!
Ok, I was in a restaurant yesterday and I was in the non smoking section and I could still smell the smoke. It drove me crazy. I admit I hate all smokers, but if I am trying to eat, why can't people go outside to smoke? I mean its considered rude to blow your nose or pick it at the table but that doesn't kill or hurt anyone else. Why is it ok to smoke in restaurants? Does anyone else feel this way?

I do. I've had asthma all my life and grew up with a father who smoked. It has ALWAYS been difficult for me to breathe whenever I go to an establishment that permits indoor smoking. I will be happy when the smoking ban in bars/restaurants takes effect.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Ok, I was in a restaurant yesterday and I was in the non smoking section and I could still smell the smoke. It drove me crazy. I admit I hate all smokers, but if I am trying to eat, why can't people go outside to smoke? I mean its considered rude to blow your nose or pick it at the table but that doesn't kill or hurt anyone else. Why is it ok to smoke in restaurants? Does anyone else feel this way?

I hate people who have bad breath and won't shut up.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Its been banned in the forums since last July and it hasn't bothered me, so I vote yes.

T

toppick08

:cool:

Get your ionizer plugged up. :cool::cool::cool:

S

Special_K44

I thought in Chuck County you were no longer allowed to smoke in rest.???? I have severe asthma just being around smoke does make me wheeze. So am I to jump in my bubble before I enter a store or rest? I guess I have to buy a new car or SUV to fit my bubble in. I guess you can tell which way I voted.