Base Drill

DallasRed

You just get rid of the problems...problem solved, problem staying solved...lol

No, they just want to complain on the forums about it and hope it gets solved that way...

Really? Go back and read my first post. I think you guys thrive on the DRAMA. All I asked was some questions?

I would talk the way I do on this board as I would to your face..Most of the others hide behind the keyboard.

Have fun!

nomoney

Really? Go back and read my first post. I think you guys thrive on the DRAMA. All I asked was some questions?

I would talk the way I do on this board as I would to your face..Most of the others hide behind the keyboard.

Have fun!

I'm too fat to hide behind my keyboard. My desk; maybe.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member

Have fun!

Is your company paying you for todays work?

Tomcat

Anytime
Two types of contracts that I know of: Labor+Materials- the Gov't pays to have a job done (paint the hangar) Pays hours spent and materials. Fixed Price- Gov't pays to have a service provided (aircraft maintenance) for a fixed time period. Most fall into the second. Your company has already been paid for you to be there providing the service for 40 hrs/wk. If you're not there the company has to account for that. If the base shuts down they can't take back the money that's been paid, your company has to account for it.
However if you work for micky d's you're $hit out of luck:1bdz:

Two types of contracts that I know of: Labor+Materials- the Gov't pays to have a job done (paint the hangar) Pays hours spent and materials. Fixed Price- Gov't pays to have a service provided (aircraft maintenance) for a fixed time period. Most fall into the second. Your company has already been paid for you to be there providing the service for 40 hrs/wk. If you're not there the company has to account for that. If the base shuts down they can't take back the money that's been paid, your company has to account for it.
However if you work for micky d's you're $hit out of luck:1bdz:

You only mentioned to flavors of contract money.... there are many more. ex: Level of Effort

thurley42

HY;FR

Have fun!

Your first post was answered in 3 responses, you were given genuine, honest answers. You felt that it wasn't adequate and continue to complain to people that have no bearing or control over your situation....

I congratulate you on the fact you would continue to beat a dead horse to liquification to my face. I would have probably rolled my eyes and walked away after the 3rd time it was explained to you, and wouldn't have hid it behind a keyboard.

I do hope you resolve the issue in a way to your favor, it would be a shame for you to have a heart attack over one day of work in this economy..:buddies:

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
I will say for those that have desk jobs, working from home is a simple solution. However for other employees it is a bit difficult to maintain an aircraft from the comfort of home.

My company has already put out options for the training schedule.

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?
DallasRed,
Since you're a contractor, several forumites have said it perfectly:

What did your company supervisor tell you?

It's that simple. There are multiple possibilities - did your company suggest any of them (leave, comp time, work off base, etc.)? At the end of the day, you report to and get direction from your supervisor. So don't you think this is something that you need to discuss with him/her? Not on a forum.

From the looks of things, many forumites might have a suggestion on where you should go and it involves a place where the sun don't shine.
Just go talk to your supervisor. :shrug:

Good luck!

terbear1225

Why because I don't bend over and take it, when I know I am in the right and not being treated fairly? They should just pay us to stay at home and work...Problem solved.

I love how I am being treated like the bad guy here. Makes me think none of you work on the base or the ones that do are getting paid.

Or maybe the ones that work on base have enough sense not to put base security info on the freaking internet!

dustin

UAIOE
This thread makes me think the base should run "drills" more often to remind some of the local civilian populace that it is a military base and not the mall.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Why because I don't bend over and take it, when I know I am in the right and not being treated fairly? They should just pay us to stay at home and work...Problem solved.

I love how I am being treated like the bad guy here. Makes me think none of you work on the base or the ones that do are getting paid.

Sounds like a Union problem to me, talk to your shop steward.

I just want to get paid, and have a problem being told that I won't.

Find some yards to cut, dogs to walk or kids to babysit. :easypeasy:

As for me, I'm going golfing, eff you people.

No, I understand. You are going to lose leave/money. It's just part of the working for the Defense Dept. though. You don''t like it you can always leave.
I am way past getting all pissed about stuff I have no control over.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
No, I understand. You are going to lose leave/money. It's just part of the working for the Defense Dept. though. You don''t like it you can always leave.
I am way past getting all pissed about stuff I have no control over.

DR have you read all the posts in this tread?
He/She works at the McDonald's on base, so he/she can not telecommute because he can't hear the ding when the fries are done.

DR have you read all the posts in this tread?He/She works at the McDonald's on base, so he/she can not telecommute because he can't hear the ding when the fries are done.

Actually, amazingly enough, I have. Boring life, huh?

I am just one to cut a guy a break I guess. No need for a dog pile.

Sometimes I ##### too.

Doesn't get me much.

BOP

Hey look, I'm a GS'er (and a COR, Pixie!) and not MEP. My competency says there's no such thing as working from home (even though most of us do it semi-regularly). That only leaves me a few options: 1) switch CWS, 2) take leave, or 3) build some comp time to spend. I don't know if you've noticed, but comp time is hard to come by. Well, other than basket time that one and one's supervisor shake hands on.

I don't necessarily like having to spend leave time because I was told not to come to work one day, but my choices there are limited as well. When I was in the blue-collar world, private industry, and the boss would say "we're taking the (weekday) holiday off, isn't that great!?", well, no, it wasn't. That meant I and my fellow workers didn't get paid for that day or days we were off, while the boss was taking it easy with his or her family.

I count my lucky stars I have a job that affords me the benefits I have that allow me to take leave occasionally, even when I'm basically forced to do so.

Suck it up and drive on. There are people out there who'd kill to have your job.