Baseball?

The Dude

You mean coitus?
Claff said:
I haven't yet gone to see a game in Bowie but driving by the stadium it looks like a nice place to catch a ballgame. Maybe I'll sneak up that way for a game this summer sometime.

Great place to see a game...especially for the price! $12 or something will get you in the front row and you can hear and see everything going on during the game. I noticed a whole bunch of hardcore Baysox fans too, like they would be there for every game. I never had a minor league team around when I was growing up (northeast NJ) so I thought it a little weird. But it's pretty cool to see people come out for a small potatoes franchise.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
The Dude said:
Great place to see a game...especially for the price! $12 or something will get you in the front row and you can hear and see everything going on during the game. I noticed a whole bunch of hardcore Baysox fans too, like they would be there for every game. I never had a minor league team around when I was growing up (northeast NJ) so I thought it a little weird. But it's pretty cool to see people come out for a small potatoes franchise.
I think Minor league games are much more fun to watch. You KNOW these guys are playing their hearts out every game trying to impress somebody to move up to the majors.

ANd even Mike Rowe did a Dirty Jobs from the Bowie Baysox stadium.. for minor league it is a NICE place.

Two seasons ago, my daughter got free tickets from school so we took her and her brother. We liked it, and went back for another game, they didn't get to do the fireworks, so they gave us free tickets to come back another day, came back and upgraded the tickets to about 6 or 7 rows off of the field behind the home team dug-out. It rained out early on, more free tickets.. I think totally we went to five games that season and only paid for one plus one upgrade.

The Dude

You mean coitus?
So I must revive this thread because the Met's just got swept by the Phillies and I am not happy...oh those feeling that every Met fan has. HERE WE GO AGAIN. They always find a way to blow it...hopefully Wagner's arm is not going to be tired for much longer and the Mets can put together a winning streak against the Braves. I want the World Series!

donbarzini

The Dude said:
So I must revive this thread because the Met's just got swept by the Phillies and I am not happy...oh those feeling that every Met fan has. HERE WE GO AGAIN. They always find a way to blow it...hopefully Wagner's arm is not going to be tired for much longer and the Mets can put together a winning streak against the Braves. I want the World Series!

Wagner's on fumes.....Willie should start looking for John Franco's number RIGHT NOW!!!

The Dude

You mean coitus?
donbarzini said:
Wagner's on fumes.....Willie should start looking for John Franco's number RIGHT NOW!!!

Oh man...I don't even know how that guy got the job done! Every time Franco came in to pitch it was like a heart attack waiting to happen...always would let a least 1-2 runners on base and would work to a full-count on the next batter. :shocking: I hated the guy for that, but somehow he was able to pick up those saves...

donbarzini

Orioles had a guy like that in the '80's. Don "Fullpack" Stanhouse. One day a reporter asked Earl Weaver where Stanhouse got his nickname.

Weaver said: "I gave it to him. 'Cause I go through a full pack every time he pitches."

Claff

This Red Sox fan is getting a kick out of seeing a Mets fan say "here we go again".

1986 + 86 years = 2072 which is the first year Met fan can legitimately gripe about having September collapses.