Bathing suit

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I haven't worn a bathing suit in about 20yrs. I am determined to wear one this summer as now that I have two kids, I miss out on all the fun at the pool/beach. I am pretty skinny but I have a small pooch from being pregnant. I want something that has alittle more length on the top and bottom to try to camo the pooch. I really like this suit. Do you think it would do the trick?

Last edited:

lovinmaryland

I personally do not like suits w/ the skirt on them. But I like the design of that one. Have you thought about buying a bathing suit and then a sheer/crochet cover up to go over top? That may mask your trouble area. When you are in the water no one is paying attention. And if you are laying down tanning it shouldnt be noticable either.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If you have thin thighs, ditch the skirt and go with a regular bottom. I think the skirt is a little matronly, but I love the top.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I personally do not like suits w/ the skirt on them. But I like the design of that one. Have you thought about buying a bathing suit and then a sheer/crochet cover up to go over top? That may mask your trouble area. When you are in the water no one is paying attention. And if you are laying down tanning it shouldnt be noticable either.

No, haven't thought about a cover-up. I just want to get through the trauma of being seen in a bathing suit. I am starting a walking routine today. Nobody but me even notices it because it's really not that terrible. I am just self-conscience about it. I know it won't go away completely.

I forgot to also ask what's a good self-tanning product that looks natural? I have very fair skin (Irish redhead) and I want something to give me some color until I can actually get a real tan. I can't sit out too long as I burn more easily than I tan.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
If you have thin thighs, ditch the skirt and go with a regular bottom. I think the skirt is a little matronly, but I love the top.

I don't have big thighs but I thought the skirt would elongate me so that the tummy wouldn't be so noticeable. I am going out this week-end to try some on. They are mix and match so I can try on the skirt and a regular bottom to see how it looks.

MMDad

Lem Putt
My wife has lost a lot of weight this year, but she is still uncomfortable about her tummy. She is wearing a "tankini" to camo her tummy since she doesn't need to cover her butt and thighs with a skirt. It works, and she's proud to be "rocking her tankini."

jsouthan

I don't have big thighs but I thought the skirt would elongate me so that the tummy wouldn't be so noticeable. I am going out this week-end to try some on. They are mix and match so I can try on the skirt and a regular bottom to see how it looks.

I do not think the skirts "elongate" you. If anything they make your legs even shorter, because they are cutting off visible length. I wear them in public (not around my own pool) because I don't like my thighs.

lovinmaryland

No, haven't thought about a cover-up. I just want to get through the trauma of being seen in a bathing suit. I am starting a walking routine today. Nobody but me even notices it because it's really not that terrible. I am just self-conscience about it. I know it won't go away completely.

I forgot to also ask what's a good self-tanning product that looks natural? I have very fair skin (Irish redhead) and I want something to give me some color until I can actually get a real tan. I can't sit out too long as I burn more easily than I tan.

Hate to break it too you but walking wont get rid of that ponch :ohwell: I have had 4 kids and no matter what I have tried (sit ups, crunches, ball work, power pump, spinning, etc) it is still noticable.

I normally just wear a regular suit and wear a sundress/cover up type thingy when I am walking around. And don't really pay to much mind when I am in the water of sitting out in the sun.

Try that lotion (forget who makes it) that slowly tans your skin. I am very fair skinned as well and that works great for me.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
My wife has lost a lot of weight this year, but she is still uncomfortable about her tummy. She is wearing a "tankini" to camo her tummy since she doesn't need to cover her butt and thighs with a skirt. It works, and she's proud to be "rocking her tankini."

Haven't seen her for a long time.. What did she do to lose it?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Hate to break it too you but walking wont get rid of that ponch :ohwell: I have had 4 kids and no matter what I have tried (sit ups, crunches, ball work, power pump, spinning, etc) it is still noticable.

I normally just wear a regular suit and wear a sundress/cover up type thingy when I am walking around. And don't really pay to much mind when I am in the water of sitting out in the sun.

Try that lotion (forget who makes it) that slowly tans your skin. I am very fair skinned as well and that works great for me.

Actually, I used to walk alot and it did go down some. I think that's why I notice it more because I'm skinny everywhere else but there.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces

I will definately try on a regular bottom and see which I feel comfortable in. Even when I was super-skinny, I had a bad body image. I don't know why I'm like that. I've seen many alot worse than me in bathing suits and they are fine with it. Just have to get out there and JUST DO IT!! Once I do, I'll be fine.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
I will definately try on a regular bottom and see which I feel comfortable in. Even when I was super-skinny, I had a bad body image. I don't know why I'm like that. I've seen many alot worse than me in bathing suits and they are fine with it. Just have to get out there and JUST DO IT!! Once I do, I'll be fine.

Or try shorts bottoms instead of a skirt.

Have you ever been to cove point pool? You really shouldn't worry.. women there can weigh 300 pounds and they still wear a string bikini

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Or try shorts bottoms instead of a skirt.

Have you ever been to cove point pool? You really shouldn't worry.. women there can weigh 300 pounds and they still wear a string bikini

I thought about the shorts. I took my kids to Cove Point for swimming lessons there and I've seen women like you describe. It's just a mental thing for me. I want/need to get over it for my kids. I hate seeing them having fun and I can't join in. I want to be able to play with them in the pool/beach instead of sitting on the side-lines.

Those are alittle more my style. Thanks!!