Bathing suit

Sweet 16

^^8^^
:high5: and that those low rise jeans don't accentuate their hips and hot looking butt; they put the focus on that jumbo size muffin top that's above them. :lol:

Someone somewhere is telling them they look hott so they go with it. As my hubby always said, you can't put 50 lbs. of potatoes in a 10 lb. sack! :faint:

C

CalvertNewbie

:faint: That's alittle too revealing for me up top. I'll be self-conscience enough in a suit.

What's the issue with this suit? If you're looking to "mask" the belly, this suit will certainly do that for ya! Nobody will be concentrating on your belly. :killingme

I hear ya, though. My son turns 7 weeks old tomorrow so I have the "pouch" too. How is it that I lost the pregnancy weight in 2 wks but still have the tummy??!! :cds: The only place i'll be wearing a bathingsuit this summer is in my own backyard.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I bought two suits yesterday. Both tankinis with regular bottoms. I tried them on for my husband when he came home for lunch and my 5 yr old told me I looked sexy :faint:. I am disturbed by that remark still. :lol:

I also bought 3 shirts and a skort (not a typo!)

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
I bought two suits yesterday. Both tankinis with regular bottoms. I tried them on for my husband when he came home for lunch and my 5 yr old told me I looked sexy :faint:. I am disturbed by that remark still. :lol:

I also bought 3 shirts and a skort (not a typo!)

:lmao: Those little ones are the best! He knew what you needed to hear!

So, which ones did you end up deciding on? Pictures? (of the suits, not of you modeling them, so don't worry! I wouldn't ask you to post that kind of thing! :lmao:)

Glad you found something you liked! Enjoy getting out there in the sun (don't forget the sunscreen!).

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
:lmao: Those little ones are the best! He knew what you needed to hear!

So, which ones did you end up deciding on? Pictures? (of the suits, not of you modeling them, so don't worry! I wouldn't ask you to post that kind of thing! :lmao:)

Glad you found something you liked! Enjoy getting out there in the sun (don't forget the sunscreen!).

Went to Penney's in Wildwood but they don't have pictures on their website. I wouldn't neccessarily say I like them just because I don't like wearing a bathing suit period but I can definately live with them and will enjoy playing in the water with the kids this summer. I even wore shorts out yesterday so I'm breaking out of my comfort zone there too. I probably blinded everyone with my white legs. :lol:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Wild thing :lol:

Now you understand the level of self-conscienceness I'm up against. I hadn't worn shorts, even around the house, for about 15yrs. Last year, I think I wore them twice to go outside but never actually went anywhere in public. Yesterday, I wore them shopping and I was very proud of myself. This Saturday, I'm wearing my new skort to my kid's soccer game!!

I looked for that Faux Tan product you told me about and I couldn't find it. Where can I buy it from? Maybe I was looking in the wrong stores.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I looked for that Faux Tan product you told me about and I couldn't find it. Where can I buy it from? Maybe I was looking in the wrong stores.

It's a Bare Escentuals product, so you won't find it at Target or Wally. I think...what's the name of that hair salon on the Square in Leonardtown? Hair Company? They keep it in stock. It's expensive, around $22 for a bottle, but it's the best.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I looked for that Faux Tan product you told me about and I couldn't find it.
This is the second year I've used Loreal Sublime Bronze tanning lotion. I love this stuff! I've received several comments on how natural my "tan" looks. They are surprised to hear it is from a bottle. :lol: You can pick it up at any drugstore or grocery store. :yay:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
It's a Bare Escentuals product, so you won't find it at Target or Wally. I think...what's the name of that hair salon on the Square in Leonardtown? Hair Company? They keep it in stock. It's expensive, around $22 for a bottle, but it's the best.

Is it a lotion or spray-on?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
This is the second year I've used Loreal Sublime Bronze tanning lotion. I love this stuff! I've received several comments on how natural my "tan" looks. They are surprised to hear it is from a bottle. :lol: You can pick it up at any drugstore or grocery store. :yay:

I'll go out and look for it on Friday.

dawnifer

No, haven't thought about a cover-up. I just want to get through the trauma of being seen in a bathing suit. I am starting a walking routine today. Nobody but me even notices it because it's really not that terrible. I am just self-conscience about it. I know it won't go away completely.

I forgot to also ask what's a good self-tanning product that looks natural? I have very fair skin (Irish redhead) and I want something to give me some color until I can actually get a real tan. I can't sit out too long as I burn more easily than I tan.

The best faux tanner i've ever used was Sublime Bronze. Its not to expensive and its brown, not orange. They have a spray one thats great and the cream is great as well. Nice color and it smells good. Not skunky. Lasts a good long time too.But whatever you do...never ever ever touch the orange social death that is nutragena sunless tanner. HORRIBLE!

Last edited: