Bathing suit

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
I will definately try on a regular bottom and see which I feel comfortable in. Even when I was super-skinny, I had a bad body image. I don't know why I'm like that. I've seen many alot worse than me in bathing suits and they are fine with it. Just have to get out there and JUST DO IT!! Once I do, I'll be fine.

Or try shorts bottoms instead of a skirt.

Have you ever been to cove point pool? You really shouldn't worry.. women there can weigh 300 pounds and they still wear a string bikini

I was thinking the exact same thing. :lol:

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Just have to get out there and JUST DO IT!! Once I do, I'll be fine.

:yeahthat:

You will! I am done worrying about it. Exercise can get you so far but realize that most of us don't have super-model figures and there are plenty of other mommy-bodies out there so you are not alone.

As far as swimsuits, I love tankinis because they cover your tummy and make bathroom breaks at the pool or the beach a lot easier than a one-piece!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Let me tell you what's annoying about swimwear catalogs:

When they let you shop by body type, and you choose full-figured, or big busted, or big butted, or whatever - why don't the models reflect that? If the suits look so great on fat chicks, why don't they have fat chicks modeling them so you can see what it looks like?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I do not think the skirts "elongate" you. If anything they make your legs even shorter, because they are cutting off visible length. I wear them in public (not around my own pool) because I don't like my thighs.

I'm 5'11 and all legs. I don't think anything can make my legs look short. :lol:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
You know those suits that they make that can (1) make a big bust seem smaller (2) make wide hips look narrower (3) made a large butt look tinier (4) make a pudgy tummy look thinner (5) make narrow shoulds look wider (6) make your short torso appear longer (7) make your brown eyes blue?

Well, if I got exactly what I wanted/needed, I'd be wearing all seven bathing suits at the same time. :roflmao:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Let me tell you what's annoying about swimwear catalogs:

When they let you shop by body type, and you choose full-figured, or big busted, or big butted, or whatever - why don't the models reflect that? If the suits look so great on fat chicks, why don't they have fat chicks modeling them so you can see what it looks like?

:yeahthat: I hate the bathing suit thing each year. But, the others are right -- there are lots of "mommy-bodies" out there and there is ALWAYS someone who looks worse than I think I do.

Go for the tankini -- when you're lying down sunning you can hike up the top to still get the 2-part tan (which makes you look skinnier there, anyway) and when you stand up you don't have to feel like everything is hanging out! :lol:

I went with this one, in a great green that looks good with red hair!

Attachments

• vs tankini.jpg
    vs tankini.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 94

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
I'm the mother of 4 kids and I have a pooch and thick thighs. I still wear a bikini.

Sometimes I feel a little self-conscious, but when I go to the beach and see girls that are half my age and/or in their teens with a bigger belly than me, I feel pretty dayum good about myself. :lol:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I

Sometimes I feel a little self-conscious, but when I go to the beach and see girls that are half my age and/or in their teens with a bigger belly than me, I feel pretty dayum good about myself. :lol:

My wife feels the same way. Actually she is shocked to see what some of these fat young girls are wearing.

We should start a non profit organization to make sure all fat young girls get a 360* mirror in their homes so they can see that a "S" sized baby doll T does not cover the twin stacks of flapjacks that resides just below her bulging bra strap roll.

Cowgirl

I found this one on the site. What's the consensus on this one?

I like that one. I love the halter top styles because they offer more support up top. I normally HATE how bathing suits offer hardly any support, even though they claim there's a built-in bra. :lmao:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
My wife feels the same way. Actually she is shocked to see what some of these fat young girls are wearing.

We should start a non profit organization to make sure all fat young girls get a 360* mirror in their homes so they can see that a "S" sized baby doll T does not cover the twin stacks of flapjacks that resides just below her bulging bra strap roll.

:high5: and that those low rise jeans don't accentuate their hips and hot looking butt; they put the focus on that jumbo size muffin top that's above them. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I think that's a new fad or something - fat chicks with blob hanging out. You see these young girls with their ginormous asses, in too-small jeans with a crop top so their flab hangs over the top of their jeans. Apparently they think it looks cool, but I think it just makes them look fat.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
What they think and say:

"Look at me!" "I'm confident enough with my body that I want to show everyone as much as I can!"

What other people think:

"Look at her (or him), they are a walking time bomb for diabetes, heart disease etc. They are the reason that there should be no such thing as nationalized/socialized healthcare, because there goes a healthcare sponge."

"I guess they don't have a mirror in their house."

Anyway, my wife likes the suits from Land's End because of the variety of cuts and they are pretty durable. Like a lot of women she does some self esteem issues when it comes to her body but she is getting like I was earlier this year and is getting fed up with it and she's ready to act.:yay:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
I found this one on the site. What's the consensus on this one?

That's cute! I like the ruching on the side. Suggestion: get that one if you like it and then get a cheaper second one in a two -piece style with a mid-rise bottom. When you actually get out there & see what others are wearing you aren't going to feel so self-conscious about yourself -- REALLY! It's true! I go through this every year -- the first day is always traumatic until I get there & do some comparing (and we ALL do this!). Then I realize that Im not nearly as bad off as I thought after 4 kids. :killingme

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
That's cute! I like the ruching on the side. Suggestion: get that one if you like it and then get a cheaper second one in a two -piece style with a mid-rise bottom. When you actually get out there & see what others are wearing you aren't going to feel so self-conscious about yourself -- REALLY! It's true! I go through this every year -- the first day is always traumatic until I get there & do some comparing (and we ALL do this!). Then I realize that Im not nearly as bad off as I thought after 4 kids. :killingme

I know in my head that my belly isn't nearly as bad as I make it seem. Once I get the suit (whichever I decide on) and slap some self-tanner on me to mask my Irish pastey skin, I'll be good to go. Like you said, the first step is always the hardest. It wasn't until last year that I went out in public in shorts. That was definately a "pastey skin" issue. I was ok once I got out there and it will be the same for the bathing suit. My kids are going to be so excited that mom is going in the water with them that I won't even notice.

I'm off tomorrow and have 3 hours to kill between taking my son to pre-K and picking him up so I'll have lots of time to try on different styles to see what I feel comfortable in. Thanks everyone for your help and more importantly with ridding me of my self-esteem issues over a stupid bathing suit.

Wait4It..boom

I'm the mother of 4 kids and I have a pooch and thick thighs. I still wear a bikini.

I'm a mom of 2 toddlers and still have that left-over prego pooch. Haven't brought myself to wear a bikini in awhile. Which beach you going to??? I could use a morale booster like that myself before I get into my swim suit this season!