Bay Rockfishin

fishinfool

Among other things
I keep my boat in Deale MD but I think by the looks of the reports you have all given links to, I'll run south to the Solomons Is. area this weekend. Fish by day and PARTY by night....lol.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
fishinfool said:
I keep my boat in Deale MD but I think by the looks of the reports you have all given links to, I'll run south to the Solomons Is. area this weekend. Fish by day and PARTY by night....lol.

I'm going tomorrow with Pops.

I'll let you know how the fishing "still is". :lol:

fishinfool said:
That would be great. Nothing like the latest news.
Buddy of mine went out yesterday afternoon/evening. The big boys were rolling on the surface going after the 15" shad like the blues and little rock do during the summer going after the 2" anchovies. Said he has never seen it so good. This was right out from the mouth of the patuxent.

fishinfool

Among other things
huntr1 said:
Buddy of mine went out yesterday afternoon/evening. The big boys were rolling on the surface going after the 15" shad like the blues and little rock do during the summer going after the 2" anchovies. Said he has never seen it so good. This was right out from the mouth of the patuxent.

WOW, topwater rockfishin would have to be fun!

daydreamer

huntr1 said:
My roommate went out yesterday and caught a 37" and a 40" both were almost 25 pds.

Jameo

What?!
My newphew just got back in and said they had a huge school of the big boys breaking right at the surface. 8 lines down at once! Trolled thru the school twice and they had their limit and were heading back in. This was somewhere in between Point No Point and the Targets in about 50 ft of water.

fishinfool

Among other things
Well, I went out all day Saturday 6am to 6 pm and didn't get a bite! I should have stuck to my plan and headed farther south. I was mostly between bouys 76 and 78 right in among charter boats and about 100 other boats and didn't see one fish come into any boat. I only saw one charter boat with a striper flag flying. Anyone else do any better?

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
Hubby talked to several guys and they all told him the big fish have headed south. I think the tributaries have opened up but theres no big fish left

fishinfool

Among other things
Well, the big transient Rockfish have definately gone back out to sea now. Anyone doing any good on croaker, flounder, spot, trout or anything else in the central part of the bay?? I was out Sun. and Mon. and got 3 smaller rockfish on Sun. and skunked on Monday. I did get the largest bluefish I have ever caught though.

I'd really like to learn something about catching Black drum any advice?

Agee

fishinfool said:
The regulations page say's open year around or specific dates for most fish on the list. The Black drum section just has a size and number limit. Am I missing something? or is there no season in MD?
My take is since there are no seasonal restrictions called out, you can fish them all year round.

fishinfool

Among other things
Airgasm said:
My take is since there are no seasonal restrictions called out, you can fish them all year round.

That will be my defense. Can I tell the game warden you said so? :lol:

shilo

chummers are doing great

check out www.buzzsmarina.com to see our latest catches. The trolling is over. Everyone has switched to chumming and are having a great time. We saw, rock, croakers, flounders, sea trout and blues this weekend come in on our docks. The croakers were in about 50 foot of water but who knows by this weekend where they will be. We only saw two over forty inch rock come in this weekend, most in the 28 inch range. Christy

Agee

shilo said:
check out www.buzzsmarina.com to see our latest catches. The trolling is over. Everyone has switched to chumming and are having a great time. We saw, rock, croakers, flounders, sea trout and blues this weekend come in on our docks. The croakers were in about 50 foot of water but who knows by this weekend where they will be. We only saw two over forty inch rock come in this weekend, most in the 28 inch range. Christy
Sweet! :yay:

fishinfool

Among other things
Nice looking bunch of fish! I'm new to this area and am hearing about chumming all the time. Any special places for this? I've read what I can on it but locals usually know more. I'd really like to try my hand at Flounder too. It seems the chances for Black Drum are likely about over.