Be open, honest and direct

flowerlover

Ok, just looked it up, its a no go. But there could be ways around the rules.

Burial at home is ok. So, a pit burn, like cooking a hog, only hotter.

And yes, we have talked about it, Mr Scrooge doesn't want any money spent on a funeral for him, and he darn sure won't spend any for me.
Serious suggestion: register for the Whole Body Donation Program with the MD State Anatomy Board; must be a MD resident. They use bodies for research, higher education, and to advance medical education. Upon the registrant's death, the hospital, nursing home, doctor etc. where death occurred (has to be in state of Maryland or else you have to pay to transport to MD) call the State Board who comes and picks up body within a couple of hours of notification. On the form you state your requested disposition of ashes: will be picked up by or mailed to designated person, or they will bury in a cemetery in Sykesville, MD. My father did this and he passed last year after a short illness. Not only was he a scientist but he came from a family of teachers and my Mom and 2 of us kids were also teachers, so the opportunity to do something that benefitted both science and education strongly appealed to him. State Board called me the next day to confirm his information and I didn't hear from them again until they were finished with the body, about 9 months later and he had been cremated; when would I like to come to pick up his cremains? Cost to me/him was $0: only thing you pay for is the original death certificate and however many original copies you need for insurance, financial accounts, etc same as you would after a death. What you do with the ashes after that is up to you. YMMV

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I was just thinking about this yesterday...saw some vultures going to town on a deer carcass. If that was a dead human on the side of the road; would they still be eating it with the same enthusiasm? And I have heard that dogs will not eat a dead human which makes me wonder if coyotes and wolves will avoid that as well.

Also slightly related; my mother told me some thirty years ago or so that a dog in her neighborhood (that would have been the Dameron/Ridge area) brought a human hand home. For the life of me, I can't remember the details, something about a child that had been missing. Anyone familiar with that or am I just thinking I heard that somewhere.
Dogs will definitely eat a person. How do I know? I've seen evidence from such an incident while working the Property & Evidence Section for a Police Department. All that was left was a couple fingers which we have in a fridge.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Serious suggestion: register for the Whole Body Donation Program with the MD State Anatomy Board; must be a MD resident. They use bodies for research, higher education, and to advance medical education. Upon the registrant's death, the hospital, nursing home, doctor etc. where death occurred (has to be in state of Maryland or else you have to pay to transport to MD) call the State Board who comes and picks up body within a couple of hours of notification. On the form you state your requested disposition of ashes: will be picked up by or mailed to designated person, or they will bury in a cemetery in Sykesville, MD. My father did this and he passed last year after a short illness. Not only was he a scientist but he came from a family of teachers and my Mom and 2 of us kids were also teachers, so the opportunity to do something that benefitted both science and education strongly appealed to him. State Board called me the next day to confirm his information and I didn't hear from them again until they were finished with the body, about 9 months later and he had been cremated; when would I like to come to pick up his cremains? Cost to me/him was $0: only thing you pay for is the original death certificate and however many original copies you need for insurance, financial accounts, etc same as you would after a death. What you do with the ashes after that is up to you. YMMV

See, I'm a donor. Anything anyone can use, part me out and save some lives. :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I am too. But pretty sure they'll look at these parts and pass, send me directly to the cremation oven.

Someone should inherit my freakishly superior immune system. Not sure how I could donate that but it would be a shame to let it go to waste.

PeoplesElbow

I was just thinking about this yesterday...saw some vultures going to town on a deer carcass. If that was a dead human on the side of the road; would they still be eating it with the same enthusiasm? And I have heard that dogs will not eat a dead human which makes me wonder if coyotes and wolves will avoid that as well.

Also slightly related; my mother told me some thirty years ago or so that a dog in her neighborhood (that would have been the Dameron/Ridge area) brought a human hand home. For the life of me, I can't remember the details, something about a child that had been missing. Anyone familiar with that or am I just thinking I heard that somewhere.
Pets bring home the darndest things.

Attachments

• dog-went-foragi-945076~2.jpg
    dog-went-foragi-945076~2.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 51

PeoplesElbow

Dogs will definitely eat a person. How do I know? I've seen evidence from such an incident while working the Property & Evidence Section for a Police Department. All that was left was a couple fingers which we have in a fridge.
I read a story about a guy cutting off a couple toes with his lawn mower and all but one was able to be reattached cause his dog ate one of them.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
If that was a dead human on the side of the road; would they still be eating it with the same enthusiasm?
The Parsi of India have what are known as the Towers of Silence. They place their human corpses within, letting the elements and vultures dispose of the remains.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Someone should inherit my freakishly superior immune system. Not sure how I could donate that but it would be a shame to let it go to waste.
too bad you can't share that with me ;) as I THOUGHT I had a great immune system all my life, then I started working in Elementary Schools, and I began getting sick over and over despite having good hygiene. OMG I can't wait for the next 2 weeks to be over and I hope I never have to go back inside a School again.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
too bad you can't share that with me ;) as I THOUGHT I had a great immune system all my life, then I started working in Elementary Schools, and I began getting sick over and over despite having good hygiene. OMG I can't wait for the next 2 weeks to be over and I hope I never have to go back inside a School again.
Schools are little plague factories.

The day the apocalypse starts, and Pestilence trots out, it'll probably be from a school.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
yeah I NEVER got sick when I was younger .... now since my mid 40's I had suffered from psoriatic arthritis :ohwell:
I had the random reddish spot here and there most of my life and I never knew what it was until I was diagnosed with Psoriasis about 15 years ago. Now I also have PA and it's awful.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

The day the apocalypse starts, and Pestilence trots out, it'll probably be from a school.
I have been sick 3 to 5 times every school year. I contracted Covid 2 times so I am done.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I was a counselor in a before and after school program at a youth center at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH for a few years. I had to quit after the little plague rats gave me viral pneumonia in January 1993 and 1994.