Belly Button Piercing

W

Wenchy

Yea I forget the guys name that did mine. I was nervous and he was patient. There is a place in crofton that does really good work. I got my nose pierced there and my tat done there and they give you a popsicle when you get pierced!

You got a popsicle? I got ripped off, dimmit! :tantrum:

W

Wenchy

Some places will only pierce with a hoop since it is easier to keep clean and heal. You do realize navel piercings take usually 6 months to heal and require fastidious attention in order to avoid infection? If you do get the hoop, once healed it is easy enough to switch to a barbell. Make sure the piercing is not done too shallow or the typical barbell lengths will end up being too long.

The healing was not fun. Unfortunately, the hoop got caught in my waistband/wrist charms etc...and worked its way pretty much to the surface. My daughter didn't have a problem with the barbell. I might get re-pierced and would go to Underground again. Next time with a barbell.

C

CalvertNewbie

I had mine done about 10 years ago and didn't feel a thing.

Lucky you! I had mine done about 13 years ago and almost fainted. I really think it's because I looked at the needle just as he was sticking it through my skin. But it was well worth it and I enjoyed it for many years. Once you lose the flat tummy, it's time to take it out. It doesn't look quite as nice on a pregnant belly so it's gone now.

sockgirl77

I didn't realize that people still got their belly buttons done. I thought that it was a fad that has passed.

Last edited:

lbreder

2into4
I didn't realize that people still got their belly buttons done. I thought that it was a fad that has passed.

I was getting ready to say the same thing.:killingme
Anyways, I never got it done but my sister did twice and had it ripped out from working. This however was many years ago. People pierce other parts now.

L

luckystar

A lot of the belly dancers at Rennaissance Fair have them done. I almost always go as a belly dancer, and I'm one of the few without one. But not by choice, it would really add to the costume. I've tried to have mine done three times, and it always got infected. Now it's all scarred up :ohwell:

Everything else on me seems to heal fabulously, though.

C

CalvertNewbie

You dont have to take it out when your preggers..

But you have to admit that a belly ring looks a lot better on a flat tummy than on a big 'ol belly. Hey, I can say that because I'm preggers and took mine out too. What about when the belly button pops? I'm not looking forward to that. :lol:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
But you have to admit that a belly ring looks a lot better on a flat tummy than on a big 'ol belly. Hey, I can say that because I'm preggers and took mine out too. What about when the belly button pops? I'm not looking forward to that. :lol:

I took mine out too and didn't put it back in till I was thin enough to wear it. Two babies and my belly button never popped.

jaie

So happy!
I've had mine done since 98'. I took it out when I was preggo. It was a good thing I did, I got so big it probably would have popped out. I really haven't had much problems with it. One time though I was wearing a hoodie and the loop on the zipper got hooked on the ring I was wearing ( it was a twisty one so it was half open) and I went to reach up for something and it yanked on the ring. I had some problems for a while after that, but it's fine now

C

CalvertNewbie

I took mine out too and didn't put it back in till I was thin enough to wear it. Two babies and my belly button never popped.

This will be our first so maybe my belly button won't pop either. Did the hole heal and you had to get it re-pierced?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
This will be our first so maybe my belly button won't pop either. Did the hole heal and you had to get it re-pierced?

I got it done when I was 14 and had my first babe when I was 22. It was out for the better part of a year and I had no problem getting it back in. Just put a little lubricant on the end of the ring and it slid right in.

RaspberryBeret

Protected By Trunk Monkey

I consider it a passing fad but some people still like it. :shrug:
I had mine done in 1996 and removed it about four years ago. I still have a visible hole.

kelb

art imitating life
Soooo funny story...
I had my belly done in 96 and some time after that I had surgery and they told me I had to take out all of my jewlery. I was worried about it closing up so I had heard that you can put fishing line thru the hole to keep it open lol so I did. The last thing I remember before falling asleep was my doctor asking me if I was going fishing after surgery.. :lol:

kelb

art imitating life
I consider it a passing fad but some people still like it. :shrug:
I had mine done in 1996 and removed it about four years ago. I still have a visible hole.

I still have mine. I love it. It actually looks funny when I take it out :) Its so much a part of me. I have had it for 12 years now

KMPaddy2255

I had mine done in 01', and it just recently fell out.
The ball on the barbell must have fallen off, and the
barbell did too...went down the drain in the shower.
Oppps! I want to get it done again, and I'm sure it
will not be as bad as the first time. I just remember
the clamp hurting the worse...my gawd! :faint:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
That had to be the most painful piercing for me and took forever to heal.

Once I found out I was expecting child #1, took it out and never put it back in.