• Peanut Butter Cup

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Other; name it

Votes: 24 42.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hessian

I refuse to support...

any liberal based establishment. B&J are a bunch of crackpot leftists that contribute money to causes I absolutely oppose. I don't care if its delicious...I don't care if its on sale. It doesn't get bought.

Same as Starbucks...asked my wife to stop purchasing from them 6 months ago: she hasn't been in since. I'd rather have water out of a warm water fountain than one of their iced moche late' crap.

somd whisper

Hessian said:
any liberal based establishment. B&J are a bunch of crackpot leftists that contribute money to causes I absolutely oppose. I don't care if its delicious...I don't care if its on sale. It doesn't get bought.

Same as Starbucks...asked my wife to stop purchasing from them 6 months ago: she hasn't been in since. I'd rather have water out of a warm water fountain than one of their iced moche late' crap.

what causes are you talking about?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Hessian said:

But niether B nor J own B&J's, so who exactly are you punishing??

camily

Peace
Hessian said:

That is absolutely rediculous.

Hessian

Unilever...interesting

I looked up this corp...they strongly support national parks & programs: This is VERY good...
however, now I have learned that B&J have status in the company (board members...etc) and still influence policy and push their profits out to some of their former hippie causes: No Thanks...I'll still reach for the Turkey Hill & Breyers.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I've heard of people who boycotted Knott's Berry Farm years ago because Walter Knott was a major financial supporter of the John Birch Society.

I might consider boycotting Domino's Pizza because of Thomas Monaghan's plan to establish a Catholic theocracy in a Florida town. (I live too far away from Domino's or Papa John's or Pizza Hut to get pizza delivery.)

But I see it this way - if a person looks at the products that he or she buys, many of those companies or their leaders might contribute to causes that the person would find objectionable. The person could drive himself or herself nuts trying to devise a shopping list that would eliminate those companies.

It might be worth boycotting DaimlerChrysler over those Dr. Z ads. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tonio said:
It might be worth boycotting DaimlerChrysler over those Dr. Z ads.
I boycott Burger King because they caved to the Islamic nutty over that ice cream cone logo. Then I continued the boycott because of Hootie and that scary King.

somd whisper

Hessian said:
I looked up this corp...they strongly support national parks & programs: This is VERY good...
however, now I have learned that B&J have status in the company (board members...etc) and still influence policy and push their profits out to some of their former hippie causes: No Thanks...I'll still reach for the Turkey Hill & Breyers.

Hippie causes?

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Airgasm said:
Hemp Mocha Brownie swirl :yay:

I saw Sweet Leaf Tea in the store recently. I could explain the tea's name in the context of the Black Sabbath song, but I'd feel like Ben Stiller in "Meet the Parents":

(in the car listening to "Puff the Magic Dragon")
Greg Focker: Who'd have thought it wasn't about a dragon.
Jack Byrnes: Huh?
Greg Focker: Well some people think that 'to puff the magic dragon' means to... puff... smoke... a marijuana cigarette.
Jack Byrnes: Puff is just the name of the boy's magical dragon... You a pothead, Focker?
Greg Focker: No, I pass on grass always. Well not always.
Jack Byrnes: Yes or no?
Greg Focker: No, um, yes, um...

Jack Byrnes: I will be watching you and if I find that you are trying to corrupt my first born child, I will bring you down, baby. I will bring you down to Chinatown.

B

Bronwyn

No ice cream is complete without a generous dose of Chocolate syrup! :drool:

P

PelyKat

No Sugar Free!

I just wish Ben & Jerry would indulge those of us that need to be Sugar Free! or "No Sugar Added" as they say in the ice-cream world. With Splenda they could make a few of their goodies in a version for the unfortunate many like me! :whistle:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
PelyKat said:
I just wish Ben & Jerry would indulge those of us that need to be Sugar Free! or "No Sugar Added" as they say in the ice-cream world. With Splenda they could make a few of their goodies in a version for the unfortunate many like me! :whistle:

To play devil's advocate, isn't the point of Ben & Jerry's is that the stuff is not only bad for you, but deliciously, gloriously so?

P

PelyKat

Yeah, but I want to play too, with out going to the Hospital. It's just a wish. I know I can't have everything. but once you hit 50, you start missing those things you know you'll never have. :lmao:

somd whisper

PelyKat said:

I think you can go the the website and request it.

P

PelyKat

I have and was told "we have no plans at this time". So I suffer in almost silence. While my family indulges occasionally. Not that I can't find other goodies...but it's the suffering in "almost" silence thingy.