Bert's Diner closing for good?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I like to stop there on my way home from Waldork. Always got the same thing...BLT on rye toast, extra mayo and a vanilla shake made with sugar free ice cream. Tried to stop there last week, but it was Tuesday. Didn't know they were closed Mon and Tues. I was disappointed, and even more so now.... :ohwell:

I'd stop by with my two little girls back in the later 80s just for an ice cream treat. In all these years I don't recall ever getting food there.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
For some reason 1985 doesn't seem right. I was married in '86. Was it something else before Bert's?

mitzi

I am a regular customer and I know many of the staff. My main source left on good terms, having planned for some time to go off to school. Not remotely disgruntled. I've also seen some things while eating there in the last couple of months that seemed off at best, but give credence to the stories.

I was out today and heard the stories too.

mitzi

Dayum. I guess I was kind of slutty back them. At least I got a cheeseburger sub out of the deal.

I just looked at the article and it says Bert bought the business in 1985. It was just ice cream before then.

Last edited:

woogie

I will miss that place! Went there off and on since it first opened. Not bad! Used to have car meets there once in a while.
Also motorcycle groups used to meet there too. Hope someone else takes it over, re-opens and keeps it up.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Husband and I stopped at the Bert's in Prince Frederick to eat on our way to our honeymoon back in 1997. I think I've only been to the other one (car on roof) once or twice in the almost 25 years I've live here. Just too far away but if I remember correctly, the burgers and milkshakes were pretty good.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....

And according to the comments section Bert himself said they would be selling off property tomorrow July 9 between 11:30 and 3. Seems to be a lot of interest in the tables/chairs.

LtownTaxpayer

And according to the comments section Bert himself said they would be selling off property tomorrow July 9 between 11:30 and 3. Seems to be a lot of interest in the tables/chairs.
The new owners are reportedly Busy Corner Buggies. I was wondering what Amish/Mennonites would do with that piece of property. LOL Duh!

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
The new owners are reportedly Busy Corner Buggies. I was wondering what Amish/Mennonites would do with that piece of property. LOL Duh!

I do have to wonder how much of a market there is for golf carts. Yeah, golf courses and maybe places that have a large amount of landscaping/lawn to take care of, but in general?

Reactions: BOP

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I do have to wonder how much of a market there is for golf carts. Yeah, golf courses and maybe places that have a large amount of landscaping/lawn to take care of, but in general?
You would be surprised. I had been looking for a used one for some time and the inventory around here stinks. A few months ago, we bought a new one and so did my neighbor.

I use it camping but off season, we will visit people in our neighborhood. :)

Busy corner has been in business for a minute now and they are busy. The carts come and go pretty quickly.

Grumpy

You would be surprised. I had been looking for a used one for some time and the inventory around here stinks. A few months ago, we bought a new one and so did my neighbor.

I use it camping but off season, we will visit people in our neighborhood. :)

Busy corner has been in business for a minute now and they are busy. The carts come and go pretty quickly.
I know those folks at Busy Corner and the biz is booming for them

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
They are a huge business in gated communities further south. All over the place in NC, SC and Florida.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Quite a few of them running around Piney Point/St. George's Island area. And most of my buddies with RVs (which is a lot...it's the latest fun thing and everyone has to have one) are carrying a cart around with them. We borrow our neighbor's cart when my very elderly mother is staying with us. Makes it easy to get her around and she enjoys the heck out of the rides. Been keeping my eye out for a decent deal on a used one but they go fast.

Be even more around here soon probably...we're going through the motions of getting golf carts approved for operating on our local roads here in PP.