Best Crabcakes

Jeter3000

Most of their seafood is frozen / imported, with the exception of Rockfish.
Yes, Jerry's are good. But I think that Ruddy Duck has the best today of any crab cake around.

P.S. I was walking by one of the island restaurants several weeks ago and observed a seafood truck from Jessups unloading. There were boxes of Venezuelan crab meat being unloaded.

Agee

Buyer beware, one of latest tricks for retail crabmeat is to package it in a very similar plastic container that's used by MD blue crab suppliers. If you purchased enough MD carb, you know the one, and some are 12oz. vice 16oz. The imported crab is not bad, got for dips, stuffed in fish, but doesn't hold-up like MD crab and tends to be mealy, JMO.

Always check, "country of origin"

Last edited:

FED_UP

Wanted to try a different place to eat dinner, Avenue 54 food was excellent, didn't have the crab cake though. I was surprised they did not have a crowd, maybe its because they are hidden in a subdivision back in Wildwood. We did the white fish and meatloaf, collard geens. The cornbread was excellent and ma n cheese was awesome too.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Picked about a pound and a half of crab meat from what was leftover from party on Saturday and made a batch of my own crab cakes. Killer....just nothing better than crab cakes made with fresh, never frozen, crab meat (the crabs were caught Saturday morning and cooked that afternoon).:yum: