Best place for steamed oysters?

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
Crab Knockers in Leonardtown
Captain's Pat in Lexington Park

I'm sure there are several more of other places to call for steamed oysters. Phone book should have the list of all the current businesses.

Jameo

What?!
3" wide, long, or both? I've never seen them this small. Are we having an oyster problem with size this year?

Long - hinge to bill. They are allowed something like 5%/bushel to be undersized.

Depends where you get your oysters from on what you get. Some will throw just about anything in the basket while others will take time and call them right.

Katelin

one day the dark will end
Where I come from we call them "scalded" not steamed!! "Steamed" was used for CRABS!!! OH MY the times are-a-changing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:howdy:

Scalded......on toast, for breakfast with my Dad....oh how he loved those oysters....

(A lot healthier than bacon and eggs!!)

Steamed lobsters....:drool:

(RIP Dad.....:buddies:)

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Where I come from we call them "scalded" not steamed!! "Steamed" was used for CRABS!!! OH MY the times are-a-changing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:howdy:

IF I get this right.. (not a native SMIB, just an honorary one)

There is a differenct between steamed and scalded..

Steamed is self explanatory (I think)..

Scalded is heat only, and the oyster cooks in it's yummy juices.. We put them on the grill, turn on the heat, close the cover and after about 5 minutes or so ready to break open eat, and suck up all the yummy Oyster liquor...

Hmmm Mmmmm. them there is GOOOOOOD eatin!!

Steaming either dilutes or replaces the liquor and there goes most of the flavor...

toppick08

IF I get this right.. (not a native SMIB, just an honorary one)

There is a differenct between steamed and scalded..

Steamed is self explanatory (I think)..

Scalded is heat only, and the oyster cooks in it's yummy juices.. We put them on the grill, turn on the heat, close the cover and after about 5 minutes or so ready to break open eat, and suck up all the yummy Oyster liquor...

Hmmm Mmmmm. them there is GOOOOOOD eatin!!

Steaming either dilutes or replaces the liquor and there goes most of the flavor...

Piss clams are better.

dan0623_2000

Oysters

Lusby American Legion is having a Bull and Oysters Roast this Saturday Mar 12. Come on out and eat all you want. Advance tickets I believe are $25.