Best Restaurants in SOMD

acommondisaster

I forget the name of it; it wasn't there long. You're right - it was a chain steakhouse before that. Never got a chance to try the italian place - always smelled often, but they had limited hours that never fit my schedule. Smelled good, though.

CandaceMM

Ummmmm ....
There used to be an Italian restaurant on the northbound side of Route 301 in LaPlata. I believe it was just south of the Route 6 intersection. The building looked like it was an old chain steakhouse or something. Does anyone remember the name? I thought that compared to what normally passes for Italian food around here, it was pretty awesome.

Are you talking about Gustavos? That's been closed for years and years.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Yes... Gustavos! I was only ever there twice (bit of a drive from Piney Point) but I was very pleased both times. I was looking for it a few years back but couldn't find any mention of it.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Went to Charles Street Brasserie this evening and it was really good. I will go back. :yay:

ginwoman

A handful of people have suggested that we sit at the bar for better consistency. Idk.

Then again, even though I feel like I'm one of the easiest people to please when it comes to food, I seem to have a track record of ridiculously crazy things that happen when I dine out.

My mother, on the other hand, has very specific demands such as having all the red cabbage shreds and thick lettuce spines picked out of her salad before it reaches her or she makes a scene. She seems to not only get what she wants but they always seem to be more than happy to do it.

She prolly eats a lot of boogers

mamatutu

mama to two
A handful of people have suggested that we sit at the bar for better consistency. Idk.

Then again, even though I feel like I'm one of the easiest people to please when it comes to food, I seem to have a track record of ridiculously crazy things that happen when I dine out.

My mother, on the other hand, has very specific demands such as having all the red cabbage shreds and thick lettuce spines picked out of her salad before it reaches her or she makes a scene. She seems to not only get what she wants but they always seem to be more than happy to do it.

:lol: Your mom has it her way! As it should be.

ontheriver

We tried Charles Street Brasserie for lunch today. Very nice. I'll be going back to taste more of the food. :drool: Spiced apple Kahlua cheesecake was divine.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
We went to the Lighthouse on Thursday at 1130 - the steamed shrimp were delicious, the rockfish bites, calamari, & fried pickles were not quite as crispy as they should have been (maybe the oil was not hot enough?). Service was great - glad they kept the Clarkes Landing menu items. We LOVED Clarkes Landing ~

ontheriver

My accomplice.....we've been doin' lunch for two years now on Saturdays. We've hit at least 80 places. Has to be a different place each time. They must have a glass of wine. Then we rate them. It's been great fun! We've been to almost all the places in this thread. I love food.....and your crazy friend. :buddies:

frequentflier

happy to be living
My accomplice.....we've been doin' lunch for two years now on Saturdays. We've hit at least 80 places. Has to be a different place each time. They must have a glass of wine. Then we rate them. It's been great fun! We've been to almost all the places in this thread. I love food.....and your crazy friend. :buddies:

You should post comments about the places you try. I have found many good -and skipped a few bad- restaurants and businesses from other forumites :buddies:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

:yay:

ontheriver

You should post comments about the places you try. I have found many good -and skipped a few bad- restaurants and businesses from other forumites :buddies:

I should have been doing that all along.... Many of the places we tried were because of the food threads here. Thanks forumites!
I actually do have a list with the ratings of all the places. Oh, and my accomplice is vegetarian. That means I get all the meat. :yahoo:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
6 mentions: +1
- Jerry's, Prince Frederick - Yes - Get the house special of the day - and dessert
- Ruddy Duck, Dowell - Yes - Duck Pizza

3 mentions: +1
-Café Des Artistes , Leonardtown - Yes - eggplant parmesan and the baked pastry stiffed with mushrooms and cheese
-Chief's, Tall Timbers - Yes - crab pizza
-Old Stein Inn, Edgewater - Yes - Just yes - make sure you get spatzle

2 mentions: + 1
-Thai Inter, Lexington Park - Yes - I love their crispy tofu - but for everybody else, try the green curry

1 mention: +1
-Bistro Bell Maison, Solomons - OMG Yes - It's a rotating menu based on what's available locally and the flavors are orgasmic. Seriously. But be prepared to $$
-Day's Off Grill, Lexington Park - Yes - really good sandwiches - some of the best in the area imho
-Front Porch, Leonardtown - Yes - I love the cheese plate.
-Joss, Annapolis - Yes - If they have a special go for it

and +1
St Inigoes General Store http://www.stinigoesgeneralstore.com/ - get the special of the day - sandwiches and meals to go only - so stop by if in the St Mary's City Area.

TPD

the poor dad
I'm adding Sea Breeze to this list - went earlier this week after a 15 year hiatus. Everything was very good! Just a bit out of the way for us.

No mention of Vera's in this thread. I have not been - shall I add to my list of 'must go' restaurants in somd??

MMM_donuts

I'd like to add that we went to CD Cafe for my husband's birthday dinner and it was FANTASTIC.

I don't have a single bad thing to say about that experience. Everything was perfect.