I only see one choice.

Attachments

• monte fao.jpg
    monte fao.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 100

oldman

Lobster Land
dems4me said:
Not exactly :shrug: I have good fishing and crabing early morning, and as you know best times are sunrise and dusk/sunset. If I wait on someone and put the boat in past 8 or 9 am, the bite is too late for crabs and fish... also, keep in mind, if crabbing, folks have already claimed the best spots (by 7am or sunrise) for putting out their trot line and stuff before the sun even rises. Heavens to Betsy if you put your boat in the water around 7 and are anchored anywhere near their trot line... folks get rude. You most certainly gotta get out early for this from my experience :shrug: but yes, you are correct, as working folks - all we have is the weekends :shrug: Gotta get out early and make the best of it... its not like we can go back out on Monday orTuesday when its less busy to take advantage of the peirs and parking the trailer, etc... and yes, my problem is folks not wanting to get up early enough, and then when they show up late, they get bored easily on the boat and wonder why fish and crabs arn't biting around noon. :lol:

I understand what you're saying, but what you're fishing for and time of year also plays a big part. I don't crab until August/September out of Benedict and we always manage two bushels within 4 hours (late morning/early afternoon) and have never had a problem with others on the water. My main fish is white perch and they bite all day long until your arms fall off. We fish for whatever is supposed to be biting at the time but don't always have any major success, but any day on the water is a good day.

section8

You all talking about cooking crabs is making me hungry. I was born and raised here, moved to NC for 15 years and finally came back home. I miss those nights of having like 3 picnic tables side by side with newspaper laid down, and going crazy with some Old Bay season. I might be a little over my head with getting an expensive boat at first, so think I'll take your advice and get a small "beater boat" until I learn the ropes. I have friends that have boats, but I want to be able to wake up in the morning and gather the family and go out spontaneously. Thanks again for all the input, this thread grew in the past few hours. If anyone needs a fishing/crabbing.etc. partner, let me know and I'll be your new best friend:) I miss going water skiing, falling and getting 15 gallons of pure salt in my mouth, getting up and going again.

Mikeinsmd

section8 said:
You all talking about cooking crabs is making me hungry. I was born and raised here, moved to NC for 15 years and finally came back home. I miss those nights of having like 3 picnic tables side by side with newspaper laid down, and going crazy with some Old Bay season. I might be a little over my head with getting an expensive boat at first, so think I'll take your advice and get a small "beater boat" until I learn the ropes. I have friends that have boats, but I want to be able to wake up in the morning and gather the family and go out spontaneously. Thanks again for all the input, this thread grew in the past few hours. If anyone needs a fishing/crabbing.etc. partner, let me know and I'll be your new best friend:) I miss going water skiing, falling and getting 15 gallons of pure salt in my mouth, getting up and going again.
Here's the boat you need....

Attachments

• Boat.JPG
    Boat.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 137