Between that Auto Supply Store and McDonalds on the Corner by the Light on Great Mills Road

NOTSMC

has anyone else seen the two women on the grass? One of them, the one who appears older, is always laying down and by laying down I mean completely stretched out like she's in bed or something and the other sometimes is sitting down with the older woman's head in her lap (it's still attached to her body) and she's stroking her hair. I'm not sure of their ethnicity maybe black, Muslin, Arab descent. Not that it matters, definitely not local by way of description. I've seen them every day for nearly a week now, always laying down, always right on that corner by the light. No signs, don't appear to be asking for money.

Anyways. Was just wondering if anyone knew their story or anyone else had seen them. Great Mills is unending source of entertainment before it gets dark. Alway something going on, but this one has really piqued my curiosity.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I saw them on Wednesday afternoon when I was leaving Weis. I don't know their circumstances though.

NOTSMC

I saw them on Wednesday afternoon when I was leaving Weis. I don't know their circumstances though.
Just seems so random. I could understand the location if they were looking for money, but to just lay on the ground for starters and to lay so near the curb with all the traffic and exhaust...odd. Oh well, guess I'll never know, thanks for getting back to me though.

PeoplesElbow

It's been about a month I think. I believe it's the ones that laid out a bunch of stuff on the sidewalk in front of that pretty church across the street from the AE Motel. They use to sit on the sidewalk blocking it for everyone else.

NOTSMC

It's been about a month I think. I believe it's the ones that laid out a bunch of stuff on the sidewalk in front of that pretty church across the street from the AE Motel. They use to sit on the sidewalk blocking it for everyone else.
Kind of fascinating isn't it?

3CATSAILOR

has anyone else seen the two women on the grass? One of them, the one who appears older, is always laying down and by laying down I mean completely stretched out like she's in bed or something and the other sometimes is sitting down with the older woman's head in her lap (it's still attached to her body) and she's stroking her hair. I'm not sure of their ethnicity maybe black, Muslin, Arab descent. Not that it matters, definitely not local by way of description. I've seen them every day for nearly a week now, always laying down, always right on that corner by the light. No signs, don't appear to be asking for money.

Anyways. Was just wondering if anyone knew their story or anyone else had seen them. Great Mills is unending source of entertainment before it gets dark. Alway something going on, but this one has really piqued my curiosity.
If you are concerned about their safety, contact the police. With the Border wide open with anyone coming across the Border and going to any State and any County, the problem here in St. Mary's and every where else will become worse and worse and worse. Those that are U.S. citizens that used to get the lower paying jobs that don't require so much education is now replaced by those that are coming across the border., What is interesting is some of them are switching their first names to common English names to make it sound better to everyone else. It's an interesting idea. It seems to be working. I was in Walmart the other day. Walmart says it is a $250.00 minimum to wire money back to Mexico.

glhs837

Power with Control
If you are concerned about their safety, contact the police. With the Border wide open with anyone coming across the Border and going to any State and any County, the problem here in St. Mary's and every where else will become worse and worse and worse. Those that are U.S. citizens that used to get the lower paying jobs that don't require so much education is now replaced by those that are coming across the border., What is interesting is some of them are switching their first names to common English names to make it sound better to everyone else. It's an interesting idea. It seems to be working. I was in Walmart the other day. Walmart says it is a $250.00 minimum to wire money back to Mexico.
Remittance industry is huge.

NOTSMC

Nah I'm not concerned; they're grownups and the police drive by that corner at least a dozen times a day, not to mention the nearby station. It's just unusual that's all, even for Great Mills Road, and I have a bad habit of thinking there's a story behind everything unusual. Like where did they come from, why are they laying (lying?) down, are they looking for money, sympathy, where do they go at night, what time do they start lying on the corner, do they start in a sitting up position and gradually begin to lay down? What's the ending? Will they get hit? Will the fumes of the cars eventually make them sick? Does anyone ever stop and talk to them?

KingFish

Nothing to see here
1684065308298.png

NOTSMC

Today they were both in lawn chairs, one was holding something up that looked like it might be a picture frame.
Oh God, now I'm REALLY curious. Where did they get the chairs? Did someone provide them? Is it just a picture frame or is there a picture there? If so what's the picture of?

What time were they out there - I need to go see this for myself. I wonder if they have a weekend shift or if they're strictly Monday to Friday.

Thanks for letting me know.

PeoplesElbow

Oh God, now I'm REALLY curious. Where did they get the chairs? Did someone provide them? Is it just a picture frame or is there a picture there? If so what's the picture of?

What time were they out there - I need to go see this for myself. I wonder if they have a weekend shift or if they're strictly Monday to Friday.

Thanks for letting me know.
They were sitting out there for what seemed like all day. I went by at about 1130 to get lunch at Taco Bell, then about 3:00 I went by going to Callaway, then when I returned at 5:00 I think they were gone.

NOTSMC

They were sitting out there for what seemed like all day. I went by at about 1130 to get lunch at Taco Bell, then about 3:00 I went by going to Callaway, then when I returned at 5:00 I think they were gone.
hmmmm...wonder if they work on weekends. I'm was thinking that maybe I could bring my lawn chair and some toll house cookies and chew the fat with them for a while. My BF has been triple dog daring me. I hate it when he does that, bad things happen.

I'll keep you posted.

PeoplesElbow

hmmmm...wonder if they work on weekends. I'm was thinking that maybe I could bring my lawn chair and some toll house cookies and chew the fat with them for a while. My BF has been triple dog daring me. I hate it when he does that, bad things happen.

I'll keep you posted.
Pretty sure a job isn't a problem with them.

DannyMotorcycle

I'll keep you posted.
any update?