Beware Ladies!! Today's Bride in the San Souci Plaza is TERRIBLE!!!

Jezabelle

I am getting married next year and found my maid of honor's (my 20 year old sister) dress at Today's Bride. We paid $270 for a gorgeous dress that appeared to be perfect. Upon closer inspection some of the stones in the neckline that are arranged in a very distinct pattern had apparently fallen off. The biggest problem I had with this was that the dress had not been worn. She hadn't even tried it on yet. I took the dress back to them and they offered no apology and no reasonable explanation. I angrily left the dress with them to be repaired and 2 weeks later they called again to say that it was ready. Upon inspecting it yet again, I found that they fixed the stones that had fallen off the first time but there were more that had fallen off. The woman working there then begins to explain to me that the missing stones are part of the pattern and that according to the manufacturer, they are supposed to be that way. Ladies, I swear on my own life that there is no way that could possibly be true. At this point I am completely insulted. And we also found glue stains on the back of the dress. They have yet to fix any of these problems. They have yet to offer anything resembling decent customer service or an apology.

So save yourselves the headache and frustration and just go to some other bridal shop. Any other bridal shop would be better than this place!

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
I know I'm male, so i don't have to worry about dress problems (that ya'll know of :whistle: :lmao:) anyways, every time I have been there to be fitted for a tux, they have been very nice, and answered or found out answers to all of my questions, I've only had 2 MINOR issue ever there, and that was a button needed to be sewn on, and my shoes were scuffed up... I informed them, showed them, they were polite, and told me to come back that afternoon and pick up everything, I did so, everything was fixed to my satisfaction, and they apologized numerously...

Maybe you just need a ding dong between your legs, or maybe not go in there with PMS :shrug:

Just my .02

jetmonkey

Jezabelle said:
I am getting married next year and found my maid of honor's (my 20 year old sister) dress at Today's Bride. We paid $270 for a gorgeous dress that appeared to be perfect. Upon closer inspection some of the stones in the neckline that are arranged in a very distinct pattern had apparently fallen off. The biggest problem I had with this was that the dress had not been worn. She hadn't even tried it on yet. I took the dress back to them and they offered no apology and no reasonable explanation. I angrily left the dress with them to be repaired and 2 weeks later they called again to say that it was ready. Upon inspecting it yet again, I found that they fixed the stones that had fallen off the first time but there were more that had fallen off. The woman working there then begins to explain to me that the missing stones are part of the pattern and that according to the manufacturer, they are supposed to be that way. Ladies, I swear on my own life that there is no way that could possibly be true. At this point I am completely insulted. And we also found glue stains on the back of the dress. They have yet to fix any of these problems. They have yet to offer anything resembling decent customer service or an apology.

So save yourselves the headache and frustration and just go to some other bridal shop. Any other bridal shop would be better than this place!
Do you work at a rival bridal store? :confused:

Okay, I'm wondering why no one thought to open a business directly next door titled "Tomorrow's Divorcee Pawn Shop"...:confused:

jenbengen

Watch it
Jezabelle said:

I wouldn't buy anything bridal from SMD. :lmao:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
kwillia said:
Okay, I'm wondering why no one thought to open a business directly next door titled "Tomorrow's Divorcee Pawn Shop"...:confused:
vBulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to kwillia again.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
kwillia said:

I thought you were getting the lease straight... :shrug:

nachomama said:
I thought you were getting the lease straight... :shrug:
Patience, my dear. The opening of Wooter's Bar and Foot Longs has first priority... the pawn shop will be next.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
kwillia said:
Patience, my dear. The opening of Wooter's Bar and Foot Longs has first priority... the pawn shop will be next.

Ok, SHEW...I was starting to panic.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
kwillia said:

Can I apply to work at Foot Long's :shrug:

(setting myself up for big letdown, I know :lol:)

Last edited:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Jezabelle said:
We paid $270 for a gorgeous dress that appeared to be perfect. The biggest problem I had with this was that the dress had not been worn. She hadn't even tried it on yet.
Who pays almost $300 for a dress w/out first trying it on? :confused:

Boxdyn

As of last Friday it is under new management. My wife's cousin took over then. Not saying it is going to be better, just that it may.

Boxdyn said:
As of last Friday it is under new management. My wife's cousin took over then. Not saying it is going to be better, just that it may.
The previous owner sold the business or just hired new management?

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
Back to this idea... I like it. How about "Tomorrow's Divorcee Consignment, Specialty Items for the Bride and the Shiat She Didn't Burn When She Left" ?

virgovictoria said:
Back to this idea... I like it. How about "Tomorrow's Divorcee Consignment, Specialty Items for the Bride and the Shiat She Didn't Burn When She Left" ?
I like it! I'm putting you down as my first choice for manager...:jottingnotes: