Beware R0 Variance

Hijinx

Well, it has to stop at sometime, and whatever Trump does he will get the blame.

People will forget that trump did not order the Reastaurants and Bars to shut down The Governors did that, but the Democrats will blame him.
The Governor ordered onlt essential travel on Maryland Roads. Many of the things that are being condemned by Democrats were ordered by Governors. But the President will get theblame.
IMO it's downright treason for Pelosi and Schiff to go after Trump while we are ion such a mess, but they have opened the door to investigations in another effort to beat Trump at the polls.

If Trump and I are alive come election day I will vote Trump and vote against every hateful ,spiteful Democrat on the ballot.
I am thoroughly pissed off at thie SH!T the Democrats are pulling while people are hurting.

PeoplesElbow

Psst. Your fear is making you jump the fridge.

It's interesting to me how many normally rational people have become irrational in the face of this virus.
I fear for the high risk person that I have living with me taking care of, i can't take anything home to her.

I was careful before this when around people with colds and flu too, I washed my hands all the time and i used Lysol wipes daily in the house. Having seen how things go around in nursing homes and assisted living facilities I feel for those that have to live in them.

PeoplesElbow

And for some people the answer is B, and they cannot fathom why anyone in their right mind would choose A. It's like someone who is terrified of heights and wants to make a law against ladders.
They simply dont have to get on a ladder, they dont have the option of not catching a virus.

PeoplesElbow

I know someone at work that doesn't wash their hands after taking a crap, their reasoning is exactly the same as yours. Are you a poopy handed person?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I fear for the high risk person that I have living with me taking care of, i can't take anything home to her.

I was careful before this when around people with colds and flu too, I washed my hands all the time and i used Lysol wipes daily in the house. Having seen how things go around in nursing homes and assisted living facilities I feel for those that have to live in them.

So how is this anything new? And why are you yelling at me? I'm not in contact with your mother. I don't even know your mother. I don't even know you. I'm not even in the same state as you, so the chances of your mother getting a virus from me are pretty much 0.

I have sympathy for your situation, but it's unreasonable of you to expect me - and millions of others - to go broke because of it.

PeoplesElbow

So how is this anything new? And why are you yelling at me? I'm not in contact with your mother. I don't even know your mother. I don't even know you. I'm not even in the same state as you, so the chances of your mother getting a virus from me are pretty much 0.

I have sympathy for your situation, but it's unreasonable of you to expect me - and millions of others - to go broke because of it.
Ive asked you this before and you ignored it, do you honestly think restaurants would have the same amount of business as before even if they were not ordered closed? I went out to eat on March 13th, I think it was the Thursday before the crap hit the fan and it was very sparse in a normally crowded restaurant. The next day I tried to go to BJs and the line was clear back to the deli, I just wanted some of the Honey Coated Maple Turkey breast that the deli sells, not worth the wait for a lb of sliced turkey.

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
As someone who had the "Flu" in early February that was severe on the respiratory system, and I still have a lingering cough which may or may not be exacerbated by the spring pollen, I can tell you I survived using an inhaler and OTC medicines to treat the symptoms along with supplements of vitamins C, & D.

Was it Covid? I don't know. But I do know that term was not used yet in the U.S.A. and I was denied an exemption from jury duty and threatened with arrest if a failed to show. Also, my employer refused me sick time and telecommuting, and no one seemed very concerned even though there was a virus spreading in China. It was given to me by a coworker and I in turn passed it on to other coworkers, and we all survived.

A few weeks later the impeachment failed and the media could not stop talking about this China-Virus. Not a single person was concerned before the media hype and I survived like I survived all the other influenzas.

No opinion here, just a factual account of what I lived through.

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
Ive asked you this before and you ignored it, do you honestly think restaurants would have the same amount of business as before even if they were not ordered closed? I went out to eat on March 13th, I think it was the Thursday before the crap hit the fan and it was very sparse in a normally crowded restaurant. The next day I tried to go to BJs and the line was clear back to the deli, I just wanted some of the Honey Coated Maple Turkey breast that the deli sells, not worth the wait for a lb of sliced turkey.
March 13th was a Friday, I had lunch at the Foxy Fish on Thursday, March 12th to celebrate a relative's B-Day. There were more patrons than usual, and most everyone was talking about the Corona virus.

Again, no opinion, just a factual account.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

No, but they would have more than they currently have which is none.

Then there's the rest of your post....

People scared of going to restaurants, where you sit 6' apart from your fellow diners....but crowded in a deli line all on top of each other.

In what world does that make sense?

PeoplesElbow

March 13th was a Friday, I had lunch at the Foxy Fish on Thursday, March 12th to celebrate a relative's B-Day. There were more patrons than usual, and most everyone was talking about the Corona virus.

Again, no opinion, just a factual account.
It must have been the 12th, it was Longhorn in California MD. My mom likes going there so we go fairly often. There were only 5 tables with people at them during dinner time.

PeoplesElbow

No, but they would have more than they currently have which is none.

Then there's the rest of your post....

People scared of going to restaurants, where you sit 6' apart from your fellow diners....but crowded in a deli line all on top of each other.

In what world does that make sense?
I have not witnessed people crowded in a line anywhere, but i have seen it on TV, I don't get that one.

I would think a restaurant shutting down for a few weeks would be much more predictable than ordering "some" food to have for some sparse diners but ending up ordering too much and it going bad, as well as paying staff, utilities etc when they could keep the lights out, not pay anyone to sit around etc.

Our idea of dining out is going to change forever with things like Grub Hub and Uber eats, they were getting fairly popular before this started happening.

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
It must have been the 12th, it was Longhorn in California MD. My mom likes going there so we go fairly often. There were only 5 tables with people at them during dinner time.
What a coincidence, it was my Mom's B-Day. She had asked me if I was feeling well, or did I want to wait until the following week. I was feeling much better, and very glad of it because the restaurants were closed the next Monday.