Biden administration struggles to fix ailing supply chain

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
What I'm finding odd is the empty shelves of local or US products, like dairy. I haven't seen light cream on the shelf in Giant for weeks, and that's not dependent on container ships. This pic was taken on 9/25 and some products are back, but not much.
View attachment 159961
I stopped at DG on Sunday to pick up some cleaning supplies. There was none, zilch on the shelves. So home I went and decided to take stock in what I did have. I found several duplicate items, all open. :ohwell: I consolidated and tossed 5 empty containers in the trash. :lol:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
She sounds like a narcissist. It's NEVER her fault.

total textbook narcissist

At present, 2 of her nieces have completely stopped speaking to her and her other son just started to speak to her again after @ 6 months of not doing so.... she pissed him off this weekend so who knows if that will stay cordial for long.

too bad we cannot stick her on a ship out in the middle of the ocean. :roflmao:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
total textbook narcissist

At present, 2 of her nieces have completely stopped speaking to her and her other son just started to speak to her again after @ 6 months of not doing so.... she pissed him off this weekend so who knows if that will stay cordial for long.

too bad we cannot stick her on a ship out in the middle of the ocean. :roflmao:
Life is so much easier when you disconnect from those people.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I was reading some articles on the CA oil spill that was caused by a ships anchor being dragged. Some of the comments gave some inside. Some believe its a port/union squabble. Then truck drivers waiting hours for a container while only one crane is operating and the other is idle. It also took them some time to get extended hours at the port. More port/union squabble.
In CA also a shortage of trucks and truck drivers due to new laws that pertain to their trucks. and their unwillingness to purchase and register trucks in CA.

SamSpade

Is it just me - or why don't I recall any such supply chain problems under the last administration? How can someone place the blame on a guy who was at the beginning of the pandemic - back when we didn't even HAVE toilet paper or meat or cleaning supplies? Am I to believe that suddenly - well into Biden's administration - a problem we didn't have hardly at ALL during the thickest part of the pandemic, with citywide quarantines and no vaccines and shuttered businesses - it's TRUMP's fault?

How is it I could get more or less anything I wanted - with a few exceptions - when stuff was SHUT DOWN?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Is it just me - or why don't I recall any such supply chain problems under the last administration? How can someone place the blame on a guy who was at the beginning of the pandemic - back when we didn't even HAVE toilet paper or meat or cleaning supplies? Am I to believe that suddenly - well into Biden's administration - a problem we didn't have hardly at ALL during the thickest part of the pandemic, with citywide quarantines and no vaccines and shuttered businesses - it's TRUMP's fault?

How is it I could get more or less anything I wanted - with a few exceptions - when stuff was SHUT DOWN?

Don't you remember 2009-2016?

All of that was Bushs fault.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
..... or why don't I recall any such supply chain problems under the last administration?

The problem has been building all through Covid

.... 4.3 million workers quiet their jobs last month

Vaccine Mandates ...

Extended Unemployment ...

SamSpade

Don't you remember 2009-2016?

All of that was Bushs fault.

THIS - is always the way the Dems do things. It was my predecessor's fault. It was the Republicans' fault.
With Clinton, he had to blame BOTH, so his phrase was "the previous 12 years of Republican administration".
With Obama - it was Bush. There was some talk of claiming that earthquake in Virginia was because of a heretofore unknown fault known as "Bush's fault".

Now, not surprisingly it's Trump. It goes further than that - every program that doesn't work, it's the Republicans, it's THOSE people who sabotaged it and kept it from working.

What I don't get is why the people who elect these clowns don't wise up and realize - they NEVER actually fix it. They throw crap at it, waste money and blame the Republicans when it doesn't work.

I don't recall Bush or Trump wasting too much time blaming Democrats. Partly because the press would have had none of it, but also because they had to realize they were put in office to FIX the problem, not search for blame. I'm not saying they never did, but they could have done worse - Bush could have spent his entire terms blaming Clinton for bin Laden, or for the dot com bubble.

Sooner or later SOMEONE has to just come clean and realize - we elect these guys to SOLVE problems.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
And since taking office Biden has actively sabotaged the country at the border, undoing every policy that had stemmed the flow to a trickle, now look at it.

Sabotaged the energy sector by killing the pipeline, cutting leases for drilling, restricting sectors that were previously available.

Actively crushing the employment market by his vaccine decree after ACTIVELY SABOTAGING any vaccination interest during the Trump administration. ( Yes Joe, YOU BUILT THAT! )

Undermining relationships with Allies, while putting the freeloaders in the NATO alliance back on IOUs again.

Projecting Weakness to Iran, Syria, Russia, China, North Korea and Pakistan, and lets not forget the absolute TOTAL Charlie-Foxtrot in Afghanistan.

It's gonna be a loooooooonnnnnng three and a half years.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
or why don't I recall any such supply chain problems under the last administration?

Forget What You're Being Told. Here's the Real Reason for California's Trucker Shortage.

The immediate problem, the one in Los Angeles, has been caused by the state’s vindictively regulatory state government.

We’ll get to the trucker shortage in just a moment, but California also faces a shortage of trucks for them to drive.

Twitter user Jerry Oakley reminds us that “Carriers domiciled in California with trucks older than 2011 model, or using engines manufactured before 2010, will need to meet the Board’s new Truck and Bus Regulation beginning in 2020.” Otherwise, “Their vehicles will be blocked from registration with the state’s DMV,” according to California law.

“The requirement is to purchase electric trucks which do not exist.”

As a result, trucks aren’t being purchased to replace the ones being regulated out of business.

But even if there were plenty of trucks in California, there wouldn’t be enough truckers to drive them — and it isn’t because the truckers are too old.

“Traditionally the ports have been served by Owner Operators,” Oakley says, who are non-union. But under AB-5, “California has now banned Owner Operators.”

Just like the union longshoremen, union truckers work under a whole host of work rules that simply can’t accommodate crisis conditions like the ones in Los Angeles.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Pretty sure if that big earthquake came along and severed California so it floated out to sea, no one (not living there) would really notice.