Biden administration struggles to fix ailing supply chain

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
It all stems from those acting like dictators, instead of representatives and servants of THE PEOPLE. These enviroloonies are going to kill our once great nation.

Hijinx

Question-----------What is the easiest way to raise prices on food.

Answer---------------Create a shortage.

It works for everything.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Question-----------What is the easiest way to raise prices on food.

Answer---------------Create a shortage.

It works for everything.
Like the gas shortage back in the 70s, with tankers piled up offshore waiting to unload.

PJay

Come one, come all.

Florida to shipping companies: Our ports are open

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Biden administration struggles

Ain't that the truth.

I was watching another Chappelle show on Netflix tonight and he goes on at length busting on Trump (the show is a few years old, pre-covid) - most of it was crap but never let it be said that he doesn't know his audience. So the whole time he's phoning in this boring hate-Trump bit :bigwhoop: and his audience is whooping with laughter, I was thinking, "Sooooo.....how's that Biden thing working out for ya?"

I think that's the headline of 2021: "Biden Struggles".

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Ain't that the truth.

I was watching another Chappelle show on Netflix tonight and he goes on at length busting on Trump (the show is a few years old, pre-covid) - most of it was crap but never let it be said that he doesn't know his audience. So the whole time he's phoning in this boring hate-Trump bit :bigwhoop: and his audience is whooping with laughter, I was thinking, "Sooooo.....how's that Biden thing working out for ya?"

I think that's the headline of 2021: "Biden Struggles".
I may need to watch all the prior episodes.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....

Clem72

Come one, come all.

Florida to shipping companies: Our ports are open

View attachment 159975

Not for China, they would have to go through an extra canal and pay extortionate rates or circumnavigate the Americas (unless I can't read a map, which is possible).

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Not for China, they would have to go through an extra canal and pay extortionate rates or circumnavigate the Americas (unless I can't read a map, which is possible).
Good points. But they'll have to trade those costs off against the horrendous costs associated with keeping large ships loaded with billions in undelivered goods, out of commercial service, effectively, but still with all the costs of daily operations including crews. Regardless, the cost to us of everything they deliver is skyrocketing.

We used to deliver our ship control systems by sea freight whenever schedules allowed because it was so much cheaper than air freight. Not any more! In fact, in most cases air freight is now cheaper for us.

Clem72

Good points. But they'll have to trade those costs off against the horrendous costs associated with keeping large ships loaded with billions in undelivered goods, out of commercial service, effectively, but still with all the costs of daily operations including crews. Regardless, the cost to us of everything they deliver is skyrocketing.

We used to deliver our ship control systems by sea freight whenever schedules allowed because it was so much cheaper than air freight. Not any more! In fact, in most cases air freight is now cheaper for us.

We need dirigible transport. If the Japanese could send unguided bombs floating into the heart of the US in 1940s, I feel like it shouldn't be too hard to build a balloon transport that requires minimal guidance to ride the jetstream and deliver goods to the US.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
We need dirigible transport. If the Japanese could send unguided bombs floating into the heart of the US in 1940s, I feel like it shouldn't be too hard to build a balloon transport that requires minimal guidance to ride the jetstream and deliver goods to the US.
Even deliver that Weider #300 Steel and Bar set right to your front porch.

Plus or minus a few feet.

Tech

Plus they get the owner discount at Long Beach.