Biden administration struggles to fix ailing supply chain

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Filled the fuel oil last May, thank goodness. Woodstove is our primary heat, a fill up usually lasts 3 yrs.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Filled the fuel oil last May, thank goodness. Woodstove is our primary heat, a fill up usually lasts 3 yrs.
I don't use much fuel oil either, set it on 55* and use the pellet stove as my primary. Got a ton of pellets in last month, may have to get another ton before any price increases.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
So the supply chain is unclogging and was most likely due to over ordering this summer, the glut is working it’s way through but as you can see we are far past the peak. So what’s the next “crisis” folks? We getting upset again about CRT? Maybe eating steak?

I miss the days of handwringing about violent tv shows, that sounds like it’s due for a comeback

Crabcake???

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Whitehouse has now said we need to lower our expectations.. I think they edited out.. Trump is no longer President, you need to lower your expectations.

Biden has solved the shortage issue by telling us the solution is allowing truck drivers to drive at night, because there is less traffic at night, because truckers are idiots and too stupid to figure that out themselves..

PeoplesElbow

Whitehouse has now said we need to lower our expectations.. I think they edited out.. Trump is no longer President, you need to lower your expectations.

Biden has solved the shortage issue by telling us the solution is allowing truck drivers to drive at night, because there is less traffic at night, because truckers are idiots and too stupid to figure that out themselves..
Wow Joe is a genius.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
You're blind. There are empty shelves all over the place. And then the stores try to fill in the empty shelves with items that don't belong there duplicated in other aisles and spread them thin, just to give the appearance of being stocked.

I posted a pic of the dairy aisle with an empty cream stock, been that way for weeks.
So here we are months later, and there are still a lot of things missing from shelves. I've mentioned light cream before, still not widely available. I can find a container here or there. Interestingly, heavy cream and half/half supplies are good. Today a few other things caught my eye... printer paper. The supply of printer paper in Staples was very poor, lots of empty spaces, very few choices. Went to various stores looking at holiday lights. Almost all gone. Places like Odd Lots that always have huge supplies are just about sold out. Same at Lowes and Michaels. I attribute that to the que'd up tankers off the coast. If you've waited to get things, you're probably way too late.

Discouraging. But on the other hand, it does make you think about necessity. Do we really need all those things and over-stock on supplies? Can we do better with less? Are we surviving? Spending less on crap?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Discouraging. But on the other hand, it does make you think about necessity. Do we really need all those things and over-stock on supplies? Can we do better with less? Are we surviving? Spending less on crap?

I've learned to buy Corona where I can find it....18-packs, 24 cases, double-12 packs...no matter any more. Necessity can be a real bitch.

SamSpade

I can't find certain brands of cat food. It's bizarre. I have very finicky cats - and their favorite brand I haven't found on ANY SHELF in any store.
Even online.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Speaking of supply chain woes, I need to purchase a 24V dc-dc converter for a customer overseas. (Nothing like getting that email first thing Monday morning.) Nothing fancy, but it needs to be good quality (not MIL grade) with a DIN rail mounting clip on the back for ease of installation. (If you don't know what DIN rail is, click on the link.)

My stocking distributor has 9 converters in stock. Unfortunately they do not have the DIN rail mounting clip. They checked with the factory, and the factory is quoting 36 weeks to get a cheap piece of plastic to slap on the back of the converter!

HemiHauler

Speaking of supply chain woes, I need to purchase a 24V dc-dc converter for a customer overseas. (Nothing like getting that email first thing Monday morning.) Nothing fancy, but it needs to be good quality (not MIL grade) with a DIN rail mounting clip on the back for ease of installation. (If you don't know what DIN rail is, click on the link.)

My stocking distributor has 9 converters in stock. Unfortunately they do not have the DIN rail mounting clip. They checked with the factory, and the factory is quoting 36 weeks to get a cheap piece of plastic to slap on the back of the converter!

View attachment 161193

Sounds like a good opportunity for someone with a 3d printer to earn some scratch.