Big 8 Pointer Down Tonight !

somdshootnet

Pictures Now Posted: Big 8 Pointer Down Tonight !

Here's a few pictures of this monster, when I finally walked up on him, I could not believe it, he looked like a cow laying there, his neck was so swollen and his glands were dripping, he was on a serious mission when we met (for about the third time) I seen old white-hoof coming, so, I felt like meeting him face to snout this time. To get the right perspective on his size, you must know, I am not a small fella, him and I pretty much take up the bed of the truck LOL, unfortunately, as we all know, pictures just can't describe what it is in real life. He also had one pearl white hoof.

Attachments

• 120909buck8.jpg
    120909buck8.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 158
  • 120909buck9.jpg
    120909buck9.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 150
  • 120909buck2.jpg
    120909buck2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 148
  • 120909buck5.jpg
    120909buck5.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

cmhurley1

good deal :getdown: i think your the only person in the state that's still seeing em out there, from what i hear things have pretty much stopped in our area :cds:

Congrats. The bigger bucks have gone into hiding on the farms I hunt. Got a nice 8 point with my bow back in Oct but have only seen does this last 10 days.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Congrats. The bigger bucks have gone into hiding on the farms I hunt. Got a nice 8 point with my bow back in Oct but have only seen does this last 10 days.

I'll try to shoo the huge bucks with large racks that gather on the corner of Cove Point Rd and Little Cove Point Rd down to you.

yankee44

good deal :getdown: i think your the only person in the state that's still seeing em out there, from what i hear things have pretty much stopped in our area :cds:

I see some every time I go out. I just wish I could go more. I am going this afternoon. Got 4 in the freezer so I am just horn hunting now.

I see some every time I go out. I just wish I could go more. I am going this afternoon. Got 4 in the freezer so I am just horn hunting now.
Don't horn hunt. Meat hunt for me. I've got plenty of room in the freezer for more doe.

Are you being serious? I thought you hunted?
My Husband, son and daughter all hunt we always have way to many deer..
I do hunt. I just don't have much time for hunting this year, and will take all the deer I can get. I also have a 20 cubic foot chest freezer that is less than 1/2 full. I have room for at least 3 more deer, 5 if they're small.

somdshootnet

Well, don't you think this buck didn't come with a bucket full of frustrations my friend. I have been seeing the same 3 8 pointers and 3 6 pointers and 4 4 pointers for 2 months now, and for the past 3 weeks, nothing but tree rats, anyway.

It was a totally and completely unexpected situation as well, I actually climbed down out of my stand and got in my ground blind, with the wind whipping like it was, I would not have been able to put the crosshairs on his boiler room at all, about 4:20pm I had pretty much given up, due to the wind, any hope of even seeing a tree rat, I had made the decision to just go home and see what my wife had for food, my luck has not been providing, but, somehow my wife has meat on the table every night LOL.

I had actually stood up and just stood there for a minute, and then I noticed this fawn at about 20 yards so I set back down and started looking really hard through the 5 x 5 hole in my camo burlap, and then I saw a deer of some kind out about 40 yards, and I looked back towards the fawn on my right and that's when I noticed the rack on this 8 pointer, if had not of moved I would not have seen him, he was only about 25 yards away, so with some serious patience, I waited for him to cross over to my left where it was clear of the low holly trees, I grunted, and the Rossi 20 ga. slug slinger sent the Remington Buckhammer right to the boiler room at 40 yards.

That's easy part, I'll spare the details of what the time frames are after you pull the trigger. But, I have to go down to the walk in this afternoon and do some processing, I'll post the pictures up tonight on the SMST website, tomorrow at the latest.

And, as a further note of interest, this buck had one white hoof !!! ???

Last edited:

JoeMac

I saw a really nice 8 pointer on the side of Indian Bridge Road Tuesday morning. Probably 18" wide and the G2's were around 10" tall. Had fairly good mass too. It was really a shame to see it blowed up on the side of the road.

somdshootnet

I took a bunch of pictures last night before I processed the deer, so, I'll have them posted later this afternoon. Hopefully before I go back for his twin brother.

somdshootnet

I've finally decided on a taxidermist. I've had one taxidermist in Southern Maryland who cared enough about me to actually call me back, so, if this man needs my money, then I know I'll be getting a good mount. I prefer someone who needs me instead of someone who has more work than they can handle anyway. so, I'll post some pics of it in a few months I guess.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
My friends hubby got a 13 pointer in St Marys...23" spread between the antlers..a GIANT. I will ask if I can post a picture of him..